• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Shoppers at King and Peter in Toronto has new DSis (blue and pink) on clearance for $50.

YMMV at other Shoppers.

Why's everyone freaking out about this amiibo btw? Doesn't look that good. Does it have new functionality in BOTW? I really don't understand the craze for these things, not at these exorbitant prices for aesthetically subpar figurines.

I'm not really sure what the hell I'm going to do with a DSi (is there ANYTHING it can do that a 3DS can't? I know it doesn't have a GBA slot so that's out) but I kind of want one. WHY.

20x Optimum points at Shoppers again tomorrow. Might as well drop by and check for a PS4 Pro.

Nice find. Prey, MK8D, Switch, all in there.

Anyone use the EB game return 7 day satisfaction thing lately? Wondering if it's real i.e. No catch? Want to try injustice 2 without commitment...

killroy87

Nice find. Prey, MK8D, Switch, all in there.

Anyone use the EB game return 7 day satisfaction thing lately? Wondering if it's real i.e. No catch? Want to try injustice 2 without commitment...

As long as you're a Platinum member, yup. Just keep the receipt. Only get a one time exchange though, it's not a refund.

Hey guuuuuys....

A positive Amazon shipping update!

ARMS has been updated to be release day delivery eligible. I think this is the first Nintendo title in 2017 to get this -- hopefully a sign of more to come.

kevin1025

Banned
Hey guuuuuys....

A positive Amazon shipping update!

ARMS has been updated to be release day delivery eligible. I think this is the first Nintendo title in 2017 to get this -- hopefully a sign of more to come.

Good stuff! That list of non-release date delivery games grows smaller and smaller. This is good news.

Damax

Neo Member
I'm looking to get a new graphics card I'm looking at either a RX 580 or a GTX 1060, anyone have any advice to help me make a decision with all the different versions. I'm hoping to not spend more than $400 if possible.

Magnus

Another Shoppers deal I just observed in Toronto:
- Uncharted 4 PS4 bundle for $299 (down from $349), with a bonus 60,000 Optimum points (redeemable for $85) - so you can look at it is a bundle with an extra free game, or controller.

FYI, the Shoppers at King/Peter also has a ton of current gen games, and even a couple of Switch games.

I'm not really sure what the hell I'm going to do with a DSi (is there ANYTHING it can do that a 3DS can't? I know it doesn't have a GBA slot so that's out) but I kind of want one. WHY.

Haha, exactly, right? I loved my DSi back in the day. The better build, matte finish, and larger screen totally rendered my DS Lite obsolete. I loved playing the Pokemon games on it. And the DSi XL was always a bit TOO big for me.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Another Shoppers deal I just observed in Toronto:
- Uncharted 4 PS4 bundle for $299 (down from $349), with a bonus 60,000 Optimum points (redeemable for $85) - so you can look at it is a bundle with an extra free game, or controller.

FYI, the Shoppers at King/Peter also has a ton of current gen games, and even a couple of Switch games.

Do you know which Switch games they had?

JDH

Fuck it.

Bought..

Edit: Wai..what? Musta missed it :(

Yeah, it was a weird short rollercoaster ride...

rZPn4wB.png

c-murph

20x Optimum points at Shoppers again tomorrow. Might as well drop by and check for a PS4 Pro.

Went to shoppers last 20x points. Didn't know it was 20x points Saturday. Got like $38 worth of stuff. Said, fuck it. Grabbed another $13 item and $50 gift card. Price came up to $98 and change. Didn't hit me until on my way out and down the street. Didn't get my 20 points becuase the $13 item only scanned for $10. Even though price tag said $12.99 on the shelf. So missed out on my points. Sitting at 90k too. Basterds. Wanted that 95k to redeem for a PS Pro or something.

iphys

Went to shoppers last 20x points. Didn't know it was 20x points Saturday. Got like $38 worth of stuff. Said, fuck it. Grabbed another $13 item and $50 gift card. Price came up to $98 and change. Didn't hit me until on my way out and down the street. Didn't get my 20 points becuase the $13 item only scanned for $10. Even though price tag said $12.99 on the shelf. So missed out on my points. Sitting at 90k too. Basterds. Wanted that 95k to redeem for a PS Pro or something.

Yeah, they're bad for not always labelling sale prices, or I've sometimes had them forget to scan an item they put in my bag. You could probably call their customer service number to complain and get credited the points. I usually try to go over the $50 by like $5 just in case, and then I double-check with the cashier that I got to the $50 before I pay.

I'm looking to get a new graphics card I'm looking at either a RX 580 or a GTX 1060, anyone have any advice to help me make a decision with all the different versions. I'm hoping to not spend more than $400 if possible.

Here are my recommendations:

MSI RX 580 ARMOR 4G OC - $274.99
- Buy if you want to save money, and plan to only play at 1080p, or don't mind playing at 1440p or 4k with 1080p textures
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product...80-4gb-armor-oc-video-card-rx-580-armor-4g-oc

MSI - Radeon RX 580 8GB ARMOR OC Video Card - $316.99
- Buy if you want a great Radeon Card, and want to use up to 4k Textures
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product...80-8gb-armor-oc-video-card-rx-580-armor-8g-oc

GTX 1060 6GB - Zotac ZT-P10600B-10M
- $329.99
- Buy if you want a great Nvidia Card, and want to use up to 4k Textures
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product...060-6gb-amp-edition-video-card-zt-p10600b-10m

Notes:
- Take these links to NCIX or Memory express and they will price match. Ordering from Amazon is another good situation.
- As long as your CPU is decent, having more Vram is great if you ever plan to play at 1440p or 4k, as you can use higher texture settings. Higher-res textures don't generally reduce performance, unless the game is constantly streaming in huge assets (such as in an open world game).
- My first choice would likely be the RX 580 8GB

Qwyjibo

Once again, no luck at a few Shoppers in north London for a PS4 Pro. All I saw were OG PS4 and Xbones.

(no sign of PSVR or Switch, for those that care about that)

Damax

Neo Member
Here are my recommendations:

MSI RX 580 ARMOR 4G OC - $274.99
- Buy if you want to save money, and plan to only play at 1080p, or don't mind playing at 1440p or 4k with 1080p textures
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product...80-4gb-armor-oc-video-card-rx-580-armor-4g-oc

MSI - Radeon RX 580 8GB ARMOR OC Video Card - $316.99
- Buy if you want a great Radeon Card, and want to use up to 4k Textures
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product...80-8gb-armor-oc-video-card-rx-580-armor-8g-oc

GTX 1060 6GB - Zotac ZT-P10600B-10M
- $329.99
- Buy if you want a great Nvidia Card, and want to use up to 4k Textures
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product...060-6gb-amp-edition-video-card-zt-p10600b-10m

Notes:
- Take these links to NCIX or Memory express and they will price match. Ordering from Amazon is another good situation.
- As long as your CPU is decent, having more Vram is great if you ever plan to play at 1440p or 4k, as you can use higher texture settings. Higher-res textures don't generally reduce performance, unless the game is constantly streaming in huge assets (such as in an open world game).
- My first choice would likely be the RX 580 8GB

Thanks for the input, I didn't know about that PC part picker site. Its a great help. I'm still running a Intel 2500 right now and only a Radeon HD 5770.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 10: We'll even complain about deals too good

etta

my hard graphic balls
Man what the hell, does Best Buy restock TVs only a pair at a time wtf. I've been trying to get the X900E since release but it's not available in store.
I might just get it from Amazon then, but I'm kinda scared with the shipping. Should I have it delivered to a Canada Post for pick up?

Porkepik

Once again, no luck at a few Shoppers in north London for a PS4 Pro. All I saw were OG PS4 and Xbones.

(no sign of PSVR or Switch, for those that care about that)
I saw a switch at shoppers at centre rockland in montreal friday evening, felt weird 😱

Ondore

I randomly suggested to a friend yesterday that the biggest Shoppers in the city might be a place to find Switches. He leaves and returns about 40 minutes later with one they just put on the shelf.

MFW: @_@

killroy87

Man what the hell, does Best Buy restock TVs only a pair at a time wtf. I've been trying to get the X900E since release but it's not available in store.
I might just get it from Amazon then, but I'm kinda scared with the shipping. Should I have it delivered to a Canada Post for pick up?

Why would it be shipped better to Canada Post than to you? That just created more work for you to pick it up

Fularu

Banned

Amazon uses CEVA for big items delivery.

They'll schedule a delivery day with you once your TV is in your city

Fularu

Banned
Oh, they will.
Trust me, they will.

Postes Canada will leave small packages. I've never had them leave big ones on the front door.

Purolator? They won't even ring. If signature isn'T requiered, they'll just drop it and leave. Sometimes, they'll go the extramile and drop it on the patio in the back, still without leaving a notice that they did (that's how we found out the TV was delivered... and that was a 55" one).

So all of a sudden both my PayPal and credit card are "invalid" according to PSN despite working there on Friday and still working literally everywhere else.

Has anyone else experienced this?

etta

my hard graphic balls
So all of a sudden both my PayPal and credit card are "invalid" according to PSN despite working there on Friday and still working literally everywhere else.

I've had that happen once on the PlayStation Store, it wouldn't take any of my payment info. It is probably happening again.

Ventara

Not personally, but I've read about a lot of others experiencing this. Forgot what triggers it, but there didn't seem to be a way to fix it. If you don't want your CC on PSN, you'll have to buy a PSN card and add funds that way.

Not personally, but I've read about a lot of others experiencing this. Forgot what triggers it, but there didn't seem to be a way to fix it. If you don't want your CC on PSN, you'll have to buy a PSN card and add funds that way.

CC is invalid according to Sony too. Bought the game on Xbone instead where the card (obviously) worked fine. Guess I'm done with digital PS4 for good which is a nuisance but a relief on my wallet.

eyesradar

Postes Canada will leave small packages. I've never had them leave big ones on the front door.

Purolator? They won't even ring. If signature isn'T requiered, they'll just drop it and leave. Sometimes, they'll go the extramile and drop it on the patio in the back, still without leaving a notice that they did (that's how we found out the TV was delivered... and that was a 55" one).

Purolator is absolutely the worst courier in my area. Man do they ever care to ring the doorbell? Never happened on me at least.

eyesradar

CC is invalid according to Sony too. Bought the game on Xbone instead where the card (obviously) worked fine. Guess I'm done with digital PS4 for good which is a nuisance but a relief on my wallet.

Is it a foreign card? I think Sony killed all the foreign CC transactions on PSN. My Canadian CC is invalid now on my JPN PSN acc but the same card is fine on my main Canadian PSN acc.

terrible

Banned

Yep, has happened to me twice now.

If you live in an apartment try putting your apartment # in line 1 and the rest of your address in line 2. That's one potential fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom