• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely think you should buy Prey if you're getting it for Xbox One. The PS4 issue seems to have a bunch of issues still, unfortunately. Too bad the PC version isn't on sale, because that's the obvious version to get if you can run it.

Reckheim

If Amazon Prime doesn't give more than 20% off I'll probably go with Best Buy since they have been a lot better than Amazon to me in the past for getting things in on time.

They've been absolutely awesome. Ordered Nier at 6pm on Monday and ended up getting it on Tuesday morning.

Fuck amazon and their shitty new courier.

Kiro

I definitely think you should buy Prey if you're getting it for Xbox One. The PS4 issue seems to have a bunch of issues still, unfortunately. Too bad the PC version isn't on sale, because that's the obvious version to get if you can run it.

I would be getting it for PS4. I didn't realize it had issues. Now I feel more justified in waiting.

I am also a little more comfortable with Canada Post, which Best Buy uses most of the time. I like Amazon's in house courier but they don't have access to my mailbox and there is no telling where my package might end up if I'm not there. If I miss a package with CP and they can't fit it in my mailbox it will most likely end up at the post office which is in walking distance.

I am heavily leaning towards Best Buy right now.

To Amazon's credit they do have the option to deliver an item directly to the post office but I have never received anything on release doing that. It's always a few days longer.

N° 2048

Thanks, might grab that Uncharted Collection. Only played the first one.

I would be getting it for PS4. I didn't realize it had issues. Now I feel more justified in waiting.

Yeah. Sucks because the game itself is really good, will almost certainly be one of my top 10 picks for 2017. The PS4 version in particular had input latency at launch, and then Arkane managed to fix that but introduced screen tearing and bad framepacing instead, so apparently now it's kind of stutter-y. Additionally, for a long time there were barely any/no PS4 Pro enhancements despite PS4 Pro support a) being mandated by Sony past a certain point and b) support being advertised on the game case.

PS4 Prey doesn't seem nearly as bad as, say, Forza Horizon 3 PC before the recent patch, but it does sound like the worst experience across the available versions of Prey. And as much as I want to tell you to buy it anyways because I imagine Prey's poor sales will kill any chance of a sequel or spiritual successor, honestly you're better off waiting until everything's fixed.

Yeah. Sucks because the game itself is really good, will almost certainly be one of my top 10 picks for 2017. The PS4 version in particular had input latency at launch, and then Arkane managed to fix that but introduced screen tearing and bad framepacing instead, so apparently now it's kind of stutter-y. Additionally, for a long time there were barely any/no PS4 Pro enhancements despite PS4 Pro support a) being mandated by Sony past a certain point and b) support being advertised on the game case.

PS4 Prey doesn't seem nearly as bad as, say, Forza Horizon 3 PC before the recent patch, but it does sound like the worst experience across the available versions of Prey. And as much as I want to tell you to buy it anyways because I imagine Prey's poor sales will kill any chance of a sequel or spiritual successor, honestly you're better off waiting until everything's fixed.

I played Prey on PS4 before the patch and it was more than playable.

leeman

Neo Geo: A Visual History is up for pre-order, not sure if it's a price error but it's up for $22 on Amazon. com. Credit to Zonic for the find.

They ship to Canada and the total price comes to about $31 Canadian (with shipping included).

The Super SNES / Super Famicom: A Visual Compendium is up @ Amazon.ca as well for $31.63.

https://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/0995658625/022548-20/

There is a placeholder for the Neo Geo one as well, just waiting to see what it costs when it goes live.

Dazzler

I am also a little more comfortable with Canada Post, which Best Buy uses most of the time. I like Amazon's in house courier but they don't have access to my mailbox and there is no telling where my package might end up if I'm not there. If I miss a package with CP and they can't fit it in my mailbox it will most likely end up at the post office which is in walking distance.

I am heavily leaning towards Best Buy right now.

To Amazon's credit they do have the option to deliver an item directly to the post office but I have never received anything on release doing that. It's always a few days longer.

Agree with all of this. Their in-house courier is less than ideal. I've started just getting things delivered straight to my local post office as I'm never home when the courier calls, and it's a pain trying to organise an alternative drop off/time with them

Qwyjibo

Nice. I was waiting on an extra drop for Ratchet and Clank. $29 was good but we all knew that was going to drop soon. I'm in for $20! Still patiently waiting for a Nioh sale...

You guys got me all scared about my Amazon.ca Visa now. Mine just got re-issued (now expiring in 2021) and it has been my primary card for a while. I really hope they don't discontinue it.

centracore

Has anyone shipped a defective Joy-Con into Nintendo Canada for repair? Just wondering what the turnaround time was like and if it came back with the desync issue 100% fixed?

killroy87

I'll pick up Until Dawn when Amazon updates their pricing. Don't want to head to BB, and don't want to fiddle with hitting minimum free shipping.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Has anyone shipped a defective Joy-Con into Nintendo Canada for repair? Just wondering what the turnaround time was like and if it came back with the desync issue 100% fixed?
A couple of people have posted in the thread that the turn around was a week and it was perfect when they got it back.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hopefully Amazon matches Best Buy for non-Prime members at the very least.

Do these E3 deals usually apply to LEs and the like? Amazon needs to quit playing and add the MvC:I Deluxe Edition to their website =/

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Took me a week to get it back in Toronto.

Desync issue got fixed... But the analog stick came back loose and creaky.

I really cant be bothered to send it in again.

leeman

Neo Geo: A Visual History is up for pre-order, not sure if it's a price error but it's up for $22 on Amazon. com. Credit to Zonic for the find.

They ship to Canada and the total price comes to about $31 Canadian (with shipping included).

The Super SNES / Super Famicom: A Visual Compendium is up @ Amazon.ca as well for $31.63.

https://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/0995658625/022548-20/

There is a placeholder for the Neo Geo one as well, just waiting to see what it costs when it goes live.

This was confirmed to be a price error, wonder if Amazon will allow the orders to stand...

DBv43ppUIAAWUn4.jpg

Kyolux

I wonder how much the game has evolved since its beta days at the arcade. Wasn't impressed with what I saw, didn't dare wait a few hours in line to try it. I'll be waiting for now. Might bite at 30% off or $50 though.

chrono01

Oh look, Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash is now available for pre-order but, surprise, no Amazon Prime discount.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B071FN5SSD/

I guess I need to pre-order it now and hope they re-adjust the price later, or I'll just cancel and re-order it.

Seriously, why the hell does Amazon list games without the Amazon Prime discount? It's not like they need to be selective, since it's supposed to apply to EVERY game. Just make sure that, whatever game is listed, automatically has the discount applied. It basically means we need to wait twice, once for the game to be listed and then again for the discount to show.

Amazon Prime, not exactly in its "Prime".

NYR

7 days, door to door. Works perfectly now.

If you don't want to send it in, you can add the conductive foam yourself - google it.

superbad

Oh look, Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash is now available for pre-order but, surprise, no Amazon Prime discount.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B071FN5SSD/

I guess I need to pre-order it now and hope they re-adjust the price later, or I'll just cancel and re-order it.

Seriously, why the hell does Amazon list games without the Amazon Prime discount? It's not like they need to be selective, since it's supposed to apply to EVERY game. Just make sure that, whatever game is listed, automatically has the discount applied. It basically means we need to wait twice, once for the game to be listed and then again for the discount to show.

Amazon Prime, not exactly in its "Prime".

Is this coming out for Vita as well? Don't wanna have to explain this one to the wife.

NYR

Yeah? I'm hoping they sound amazing. I have some old rti 10's at the moment that they're replacing.

What are you running yours with?
I have a Pioneer VSX-1326 from a few years ago, it is THX certified and drives 115 watts per channel which these speakers laugh at, they can go as high as 500 watts. I am planning on upgrading to a Denon AVR-4300 or wait until 2018 for HDMI 2.1 AVRs.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
I have a Pioneer VSX-1326 from a few years ago, it is THX certified and drives 115 watts per channel which these speakers laugh at, they can go as high as 500 watts. I am planning on upgrading to a Denon AVR-4300 or wait until 2018 for HDMI 2.1 AVRs.

I have the X3300. I'm hoping it's good enough for them for now.

NYR

I have the X3300. I'm hoping it's good enough for them for now.
Oh yeah, great combo, you'll be fine.

Just a heads up, speakers are HEFTY, they are about 80-90 pounds each. Good to have a hand, especially if you are going to use the carpet stay screws.

Best buy has the "Polk Audio Rti A" speaker line up on sale.

http://m.bestbuy.ca/defaultpage.aspx?lang=en#/catalog/productdetails.aspx?ajax=true&sku=10090953&lang=en-CA

I just purchased two Rti A9's for $930. Pretty crazy deal @ $399 each. Saving $775 a speaker.

I have these speakers. They are godly and look fucking epic.

Here is a pic - its from my iPhone, for the sake of not posting a big pic, here is a link:
https://i.imgur.com/eRS1jSR.jpg

$775 savings? Proof of how ridiculously marked up speakers are. NYR...hope you didn't pay full price.

Still though. $400 for one. You're still looking at a grand to get a pair. I will say I was surprised to see that there are no passive subs on here. I pretty sure I checked out a pair of Polk one time that used them.

NYR

$775 savings? Proof of how ridiculously marked up speakers are. NYR...hope you didn't pay full price.

Still though. $400 for one. You're still looking at a grand to get a pair. I will say I was surprised to see that there are no passive subs on here. I pretty sure I checked out a pair of Polk one time that used them.
Nope. I bought them for the same price, $400 each.

NYR

Where would I go to get the process started?
Call Nintendo at 1-800-255-3700 to set up a repair. Just explain the connection issues you are having with the joycon and they will set up a repair for you. It is a very simple process and their customer support is amazing.

Just a heads up, you don't get a label or a box, you have to provide your own box. You should get an email from Nintendo with instructions to send to an address (should be Vancouver) and a purolator 3rd party account number - the subject line should be "Confirmation of Nintendo Repair Order #xxxxxx".

If you didn't, call them again and say you didn't get your email instructions and shipping details. Once you have the number, You need to take your package to purolator (or a puro dealer like Staples) and fill out a "Waybill". It's basically one of those carbon paper thingys that makes two copies and has a shipping sticker at the end that gets created based on what you write on the sheet, looks like this:

purolator-image-ontario.jpg

The most important thing though is you need to have the 3rd party sender account number (box 15 in sample above) so you don't get dinged for shipping. Once you fill in this waybill, they will take the sticker and stick it on the box and you get one of the carbon copies so you can track it. Mine took 7-8 days door to door and works flawlessly now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom