• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyolux

Yeah, it seems lately that games are being added to Canadian retail websites a lot slower than they have in the past.

Or maybe I just really want to pre-order Senran Kagura Peach beach Splash, and I'm being a bit anxious. That might have something to do with it.

image.php

edit: of course I av-quote on top of a page.

antibolo

Banned
Awesome, thanks for this! I qualify, and I booked myself in for an apt at the Apple Store tomorrow

Am I likely to be phoneless for a few days?

If they have the battery in stock it'll take less than an hour. If not then I assume they'll schedule a future appointment and won't just keep your phone because that would be pretty dumb.

You need to do a full backup before going there, although they may not necessarily wipe out your phone, they didn't do it for mine, it was all set and ready to use when I got it back.

antibolo

Banned
Nintendo Kiosks in Canada hosting Super Mario Odyssey ”Early Access" event next week.

"From June 10th – June 15th, show us your receipt with two select Nintendo Switch game preorders from a any retailer and get a high quality Mario Universe Challenge Coin (available while supplies last)! The pre-ordered games have to be two of the following titles: Super Mario Odyssey, ARMS and Splatoon 2 for the Nintendo Switch console. You can also enter a draw for your chance to WIN $100 Nintendo Kiosk credit to spend on items available at the Kiosk!"

http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/whatsnew/detail/visit-the-nintendo-kiosks

WOW a whole 2 locations for the entire country. Nintendo is spoiling us.

eyesradar

WOW a whole 2 locations for the entire country. Nintendo is spoiling us.

Sadly, the Nintendo of Canada is a much much much smaller division than NoA. :(

The kiosk itself is really nice tho. They have some interesting Nintendo-related goods (reasonably priced) and almost always some random release day event for all the main Nintendo titles. I frequent the Mississauga location as I live right off. The Ambassadors there are always very nice too. i am actually very surprised that they got the demo in for e3. I'm prolly going there this after work later today. Will report in the details if they have it.

Erin Mills has always had that Nintendo booth there. I wasn't sure it was actually owned by Nintendo. I am surprised they don't have more of them in malls.

Kyolux

I remember playing Wii U in Ottawa before that actually released. I wonder what happened to make them decide on stopping covering more grounds.

Erin Mills has always had that Nintendo booth there. I wasn't sure it was actually owned by Nintendo. I am surprised they don't have more of them in malls.

It's such a nice little kiosk, but it's always baffled me why it exists only at Erin Mills. It's an odd choice for the only one in Ontario - as opposed to an Eaton Centre, Square One, or Yorkdale.

eyesradar

It's such a nice little kiosk, but it's always baffled me why it exists only at Erin Mills. It's an odd choice for the only one in Ontario - as opposed to an Eaton Centre, Square One, or Yorkdale.

It's tooo expensive for them and I am sure if they setup there it'll be severely short-handed.

I remember at one point last summer NoC almost withdrew all the kiosks (yeah all 3 within ENTIRE Canada) due to funding issue. I guess after the PoGo phenomenon + Switch's hype, NOC realized they do need to have somewhere to at least do some presentation.

Let's hope this would be a good start, at least NoC is hiring temporary summer Ambassadors again!

FYI: In anyone has any interest on Fire Emblem Warriors on Switch i would recommend pre-ordering soon in case they move to a $100 place holder price like Mario Odyssey

ditto xenoblade 2

For Amazon Prime people: I noticed recently that some of my pre-orders had the WRONG SHIPPING OPTION on them, and that might have been the reason why some of my Prime orders have arrived late. Wipeout Omega Collection and Yakuza Kiwami both had "Express Shipping" selected, but that's slower than "Two-Day Shipping," which is free and seems to do the release-day shipping thing. Wipeout Omega Collection shipped yesterday night and should be arriving today as a result. I'm not sure why this happens; Wipeout was ordered before the Prime discount was applied on the store page so that maybe explains that one, but not Yakuza Kiwami, which I ended up re-placing once the Prime discount was applied properly.

tl;dr Check your orders and switch to Two-Day Shipping if you need to!

For Amazon Prime people: I noticed recently that some of my pre-orders had the WRONG SHIPPING OPTION on them, and that might have been the reason why some of my Prime orders have arrived late. Wipeout Omega Collection and Yakuza Kiwami both had "Express Shipping" selected, but that's slower than "Two-Day Shipping," which is free and seems to do the release-day shipping thing. Wipeout Omega Collection shipped yesterday night and should be arriving today as a result. I'm not sure why this happens; Wipeout was ordered before the Prime discount was applied on the store page so that maybe explains that one, but not Yakuza Kiwami, which I ended up re-placing once the Prime discount was applied properly.

Sometimes when you order Two-Day isn't available. It's a good point that you do need to check again. I should keep an eye on it.

thats because when preordered them they did not have release date shipping

eyesradar

r3tWuMxl.jpg

Just came back from the kiosk in Erin Mills. They setting up the signs and posters for the coming event. Me personally is very very hyped.

Word of mouth is that they will have 4 consoles running demos during the event. 2 for Mario Odessey and 2 for ARMS. You line up on this Saturday morning to pick an available slot (during this 3-day event) to play the demo, first come first serve. For now, I'm told each session for the Mario demo is 15 mins.

Doors for Erin Mills Town Centre open at 8~9 am. The kiosk will be attended by staff starting 9 am. Registration will start at 12. Don't forget your ID.

Kyolux

My FFXII has been $0 for several months. Waiting to see what happens. I preordered a backup of the steelbook at Best Buy... just in case they cancel.

Yeah I know yours was. Well, I wasn't going to be keeping it at 32 and was sending it to someone else.

But at $0, I want to keep it.

NYR

Amazon Prime has better shipping and guaranteed release date delivery. No brainer to stick with Prime.

Sealtest

Isn't it exactly the same as last year? Or are they just giving back cash instead of Canadian Tire money?

Poster said its 20% and nothing about reward zones.

Amazon Prime has better shipping and guaranteed release date delivery. No brainer to stick with Prime.

For some people Amazon is better. For most it's either delayed shipping or they don't have the product.

I have prime and I'll be preordering anything that has a DLC code from Best Buy because they at least email them without having to argue with Customer Service.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Stop talking bad about Canadian Tire money, at least they give you the full amount at time of purchase instead of having to wait to hit a redemption tier.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Better than last year if true. Wonder if I'll move back to best buy or stay with amazon. Amazon, your move.

Amazon probably wont have shit.

"Fortunately our E3 promo is offered year round with Prime."

20% is just sad at the current prices. We used to get 33% off when games were $60.

iphys

Except Prime costs money and it seems like the more people that have bought into it the more problems people have had with shipping.

Kyolux

Amazon probably wont have shit.

"Fortunately our E3 promo is offered year round with Prime."

20% is just sad at the current prices. We used to get 33% off when games were $60.

I know. What I expect. :(

But then prime also tends to glitch in our favor once in a while.

i wish i lived in vancouver or toronto, saskatchewan never gets these sort of events

That is because we are awesome and not overcrowded like those to crap holes.

BestBuy offering 20% would be amazing, but im not holding out hope. Also not sure i can go back after how much of a pain in the ass updating credit card info was back in the day on FS and BB's sites.

kswiston

Except Prime costs money and it seems like the more people that have bought into it the more problems people have had with shipping.

Prime is pretty great for launch window impulse buying when a game gets amazing reception. Shipping on actual pre-orders is more hit or miss unless you are close to an Amazon distribution center. It also doesn't help that Nintendo insists on releasing everything on the weekend...

Shadows of Valentia shipped on a Thursday for me, but thanks to my location and the long weekend, I had to wait until Tuesday to get it.

Mupod

Amazon always lets me down, even with prime orders I never ever get games delivered on release date. Day after at best, sometimes as late as a week. They did give me an apology refund on Nioh when that happened, but still. It costs so much money a year and I never order anything online other than games. The worst part lately is the shipping downgrades itself if I make any changes to an order.

It's been a long time since I used Best Buy, although they did fulfill all my old Future Shop orders. And my games never showed up late...hell, usually early.

antibolo

Banned
Maybe it's for the best that I don't get to try out Mario Odyssey, because it would only make the wait more painful anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom