• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats because when preordered them they did not have release date shipping

I'd kind of figured that, but I've also gotten emails from Amazon saying they'd upgraded an order to release-day shipping because it was now available (most recently the FFXII steelbook). They didn't do this with Wipeout. So it's still worth checking in any event, Amazon won't always automatically upgrade you.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
[KoRp]Jazzman;239407365 said:
That is because we are awesome and not overcrowded like those to crap holes.

BestBuy offering 20% would be amazing, but im not holding out hope. Also not sure i can go back after how much of a pain in the ass updating credit card info was back in the day on FS and BB's sites.
I still haven't updated my CC info on my KH3 order because I don't want to have to do so again by the time it gets released. I'd rather wait and only do it once.

jokkir

Amazon always lets me down, even with prime orders I never ever get games delivered on release date. Day after at best, sometimes as late as a week. They did give me an apology refund on Nioh when that happened, but still. It costs so much money a year and I never order anything online other than games. The worst part lately is the shipping downgrades itself if I make any changes to an order.

It's been a long time since I used Best Buy, although they did fulfill all my old Future Shop orders. And my games never showed up late...hell, usually early.

I just cancel my order and re-order on release day if it says it's coming later. Had to do that with MK8D

kevin1025

Banned
What if Amazon does 25% discounts?! The world will explode!

My hope is that they do 30% for Prime, 20% for non-Prime people, and then do a few $50 games to match whatever Wal-Mart does again.

Sealtest

Reddit poster got a picture of the ad.

p6LX04n.jpg

Firestorm

If Amazon Prime doesn't give more than 20% off I'll probably go with Best Buy since they have been a lot better than Amazon to me in the past for getting things in on time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If Amazon Prime doesn't give more than 20% off I'll probably go with Best Buy since they have been a lot better than Amazon to me in the past for getting things in on time.
If Prime doesn't get any special deals, then they're basically ceding to BestBuy this year.

How exactly does Prime work?

I have this years one month free trial to use. If I use it during E3 will the day 1 shipping apply while I order, or do I use it in the fall when the bulk of releases start to roll out?

Good guy Best Buy. Welcome back!

Someone in this thread reminded me that their website is awful for basically anything, but especially changing credit card numbers and the like. But besides that, Best Buy may just get the bulk of my business this year.

I have this years one month free trial to use. If I use it during E3 will the day 1 shipping apply while I order, or do I use it in the fall when the bulk of releases start to roll out?

If you're going to use the trial for pre-order stuff, you definitely want to use it during E3. Amazon says you must have an active Prime membership both at the time of ordering and when the game ships, but people have said in this thread that they've managed to keep Prime discounts even after their memberships have expired, whereas no one (to my knowledge) has ever been able to get the Prime discount retroactively applied to previous pre-orders.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

People have said you need prime to be active when the game actually ships, but others have said it doesn't matter.

Good guy Best Buy. Welcome back!

Someone in this thread reminded me that their website is awful for basically anything, but especially changing credit card numbers and the like. But besides that, Best Buy may just get the bulk of my business this year.

If you're going to use the trial for pre-order stuff, you definitely want to use it during E3. Amazon says you must have an active Prime membership both at the time of ordering and when the game ships, but people have said in this thread that they've managed to keep Prime discounts even after their memberships have expired, whereas no one (to my knowledge) has ever been able to get the Prime discount retroactively applied to previous pre-orders.

People have said you need prime to be active when the game actually ships, but others have said it doesn't matter.

Thanks, I guess the safest bet is to use it during E3. I'm not expecting to get the added discounts, just shipping benefits I guess.

antibolo

Banned
The French name for the "Gamer's Club" makes lol every time I see it.

Also I guess I'll be cancelling all my Amazon pre-orders to switch them over to BB. Well, the ones eligible to ship in QC at least.

antibolo

Banned
What the hell, Mario Odyssey is also listed as $99.99 on BB as well??

Also apparently you can't pre-order Vita games from them anymore ;_;

I'll sign up for Amazon Prime if they do something above the 20%. I was waiting until E3 anyways because I was interested in student Prime for the Twitch subscriptions. But if they don't do anything special for E3, Best Buy will be my choice, despite their awful website.

Kiro

Didn't get a response last page and maybe no one knows the answer. But the Gold PS4 week also has discounted games (at least in the US). Is this true for Canada as well? Is it only digital?

kevin1025

Banned
Didn't get a response last page and maybe no one knows the answer. But the Gold PS4 week also has discounted games (at least in the US). Is this true for Canada as well? Is it only digital?

There's going to be a PSN sale starting Friday, and US sales always happen in Canada as well, not sure about in-store, though!

leeman

There's going to be a PSN sale starting Friday, and US sales always happen in Canada as well, not sure about in-store, though!

The PlayStation Blog cites both US and Canada

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...l-our-fans-new-gold-ps4-9-days-of-epic-deals/

They don't specify which retailers specifically, but very likely the usual suspects will be involved (BB, WM, EB, Amazon).

Stat!

So what's the benefit of Amazon Prime again? What a garbage service in Canada.

At least this thread is about deals again! Can't wait for E3 lol.

20% off games and free same day shipping is why Prime is worth it for me.

Am I the only one optimistic about amazon e3 deals? Even if Amazon doesn't have e3 deals, I'll stick with them over Best Buy. Ive had fantastic customer service with Amazon and terrible service with Best Buy.

CazTGG

20% off games and free same day shipping is why Prime is worth it for me.

Am I the only one optimistic about amazon e3 deals? Even if Amazon doesn't have e3 deals, I'll stick with them over Best Buy. Ive had fantastic customer service with Amazon and terrible service with Best Buy.

Not optimistic about Amazon sans-Prime but i'm sticking with them over BestBuy after what they did to Future Shop and their employees. They will see no business from me after that.

i-Jest

What the hell, Mario Odyssey is also listed as $99.99 on BB as well??

Also apparently you can't pre-order Vita games from them anymore ;_;

Bestbuy hasn't stocked Vita games en mass for the last while now. It's a shame but we're not out of options here in Canada, luckily.

Yeah, I'm optimistic that Amazon will have some good E3 deals. I'm sure they would want to one-up their competition, especially since Gamer's Club doesn't cost anything here. And yeah, I've had fantastic service from Amazon, and I've only had two games (out the rather insane amount that I've purchased) not ship out on time. I would love if same day delivery (or at least one day delivery) would come to Manitoba, but I can't see that being feasible unless they open up a warehouse in Manitoba or Saskatchewan (Saskatchewan makes more sense since they can feed into Manitoba and share Alberta with BC).

Kiro

I really wish Witcher 3 Complete Edition would drop in price. I've never played even the base game and I missed it when it dropped in December.

ohlawd

so fucking glad those Atlus 3DS games got announced now so they'll be up for E3 deals

HNNNNNNNNNNNG

don't let me down BB pls :3

so fucking glad those Atlus 3DS games got announced now so they'll be up for E3 deals

HNNNNNNNNNNNG

don't let me down BB pls :3

Boy, we're being real optimistic about how quickly stores will get up them pre-orders. Though Best Buy at least is better about it than Amazon!

Also, I just realized that since the Best Buy promo doesn't suck this year, I might have to revive the E3 spreadsheet. Shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom