• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Is this coming out for Vita as well? Don't wanna have to explain this one to the wife.
Nope, PS4-only. Better practice that explanation now! Just tell her you enjoy watersports.

Er...no, don't word it like that. You'd have a whole other thing to explain.

Elitist1945

Are there any deals for the S8/S8+? Really want it but $1200 unlocked is pretty steep. I can buy the LG G6 outright from Wind (which is my provider, but I'm off contract which I prefer) for $800 in comparison to the $1200 S8+.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Are there any deals for the S8/S8+? Really want it but $1200 unlocked is pretty steep. I can buy the LG G6 outright from Wind (which is my provider, but I'm off contract which I prefer) for $800 in comparison to the $1200 S8+.

wow $1200, from Samsung's website?

So I joined Amazon Prime today and the customer service rep I'm chatting with right now is telling me that the Prime discount will get applied to my pre-orders when they ship, so I don't have to cancel and re-order to get Prime benefits to apply.

Can anyone confirm? This is different than what I was told before.

killroy87

So I joined Amazon Prime today and the customer service rep I'm chatting with right now is telling me that the Prime discount will get applied to my pre-orders when they ship, so I don't have to cancel and re-order to get Prime benefits to apply.

I've honestly never tried waiting, because I'd lose my mind if I got overcharged for something and it's already shipped. I either cancel and reorder, or just wait to order until the game shows the discount

Honestly, I wouldn't count on it. Amazon reps, in my experience, have a long track record of being wrong about stuff.

With that in mind though, if you do get charged full price once the product ships, I have little doubt that they'd be willing to refund you the difference.

I've honestly never tried waiting, because I'd lose my mind if I got overcharged for something and it's already shipped. I either cancel and reorder, or just wait to order until the game shows the discount

I actually only have one pre-order that isn't part of an E3 promotion (where the Prime discount wouldn't apply) and that's Red Dead. The issue is it already dropped in price since I pre-ordered, down to $65.54. Right now it's back up to $80, so if I cancel and re-order I'll lose those savings.

edit: Relevant bit from the chat log:

Amazon: I have checked and when the game is released and you are Prime member at the time of release you will receive the discount.
Me: Oh, so it's automatic?
Amazon: Yes
We only charge you once your item ships out.
Me: So this won't show up on my order summary, only when it ships?
Amazon: Yes, this is correct.
Me: This would apply to all my other pre-orders as well?
Amazon: Yes, this apply for all your orders.

sikkinixx

Me: "Hi there, my order for an RX 580 video card says shipping between June 20th and July 20th, but my card was charged on June 1st. Wondering if I'm going to have a charge on it for six weeks before I get the product or is it shipping already?"

Amazon Rep: Thank you for your concern. It was not at our allotment centre and needed to be re-routed to be shipped to your destination. I have spoken with our logistics team and have advised them to put it on priority shipping [it was already on 2-day Prime but whatever] and you should receive it June 7th to June 20th. Is that satisfactory?"

... what?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I actually only have one pre-order that isn't part of an E3 promotion (where the Prime discount wouldn't apply) and that's Red Dead. The issue is it already dropped in price since I pre-ordered, down to $65.54. Right now it's back up to $80, so if I cancel and re-order I'll lose those savings.
Prime discount would only drop it down to $64 since it's 20% off the list price, not off the lowest price.

True Fire

In every single case I've had to email Amazon for price corrections.

Not a big deal though, you can send them a driveby one liner and they'll fix it for you without any hassles. I've mainly had to use this for E3 discount fuckery (taking advantage of double discounts and glitches and stuff).

Davide

I just noticed Twilight Princess Wii U isn't even on BestBuy or EBGames now, is it out of print and going to become rare?

CazTGG

Since we're talking phones, i'm looking to get the new Blackberry KeyOne along with a new line. Are there any deals or discounts from any of the current providers?

Elitist1945

Also is anyone here using Wind (Freedom ugh) LTE? I'm still on their $50 unlimited everything in North America and I'm wondering if the $10 is worth the upgrade to LTE.

kevin1025

Banned

Some content has been added. Nothing interesting yet in terms of what we can expect for deals.

It's last E3's hub. it's the same games featured.

Oh.. well thought it might be something like this.

Weird though, the content changed in the last hour. And it's the page linked from the main video game page.

Yesterday it was showing all of the 2016 stuff still, 2016 games included. Now that's all been wiped and replaced with updated, recent games. So it has definitely changed!

Fularu

Banned
Yesterday it was showing all of the 2016 stuff still, 2016 games included. Now that's all been wiped and replaced with updated, recent games. So it has definitely changed!

I must be missing something because all I see are 2016 games under each section (Xbox, PS4, WiiU, Ubi and EA)

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Come on $50 preorders!

kevin1025

Banned
I must be missing something because all I see are 2016 games under each section (Xbox, PS4, WiiU, Ubi and EA)

When I checked the E3 hub yesterday it was exactly as it had been last year, showing the 20% pre-order section and the $50 games section, but then the links just went nowhere since the deals were dead, along with a listing of all the E3 2016 games and their store pages. Since that's all been taken down and now it's just showing the icons and links to those games now, it's definitely changed in some form! Just not a lot yet.

I goofed on mentioning the recent games, I hit on the pre-orders page on the side and meant that, sorry about that.

antibolo

Banned
Subscribing to the Club of Players Who Play Video Games seems needlessly convoluted. I have to create another kind of account on top of my existing BB account??

kevin1025

Banned

Awesome, thanks for this!! Now we wait and see who price matches...

Gitaroo

is walmart order still impossible to cancel? How are they with shipping? Do they ship on release date with multi item order or wait until everything is released.

Ventara

Whoah! Anyone know if preorders can be price matched at Best Buy? Also, how does shipping work with Amazon if I buy 2 preorder games to get free shipping? They'll send them to me when they release, right? Like, they won't hold on to the first game until the second releases?

Qwyjibo

I don't have a Switch nor do I plan on buying one this year and I'm wondering whether I should order Mario Odyssey and re-sell it at a higher price at release (if it's a price error).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom