• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoooaaaa! If other places start matching this, this is insane! Tekken 7, Splatoon 2 and Mario odyssey all for $50 each... Is this real life?

Ventara

Seriously, this is almost 40% off. This is pretty awesome!

Edit: Is it safe to assume this isn't a mistake and thus wait for Best Buy/Amazon?

Qwyjibo

What in the motherfuck... $49 for pre-orders on full priced games? In 2017?!

I'm gonna place a couple orders because this seems too good to be true.

I put in an early order because holy shit those prices. I was a little glad Best Buy stepped up to actually compete this year, but now that Walmart has gone all in this e3 could end up being pretty amazing.

Ventara

If this doesn't turn out to be some sort of mistake, I'll have to cancel a bunch of games from Amazon. Then reorder if they match Walmart.

kevin1025

Banned
When does Walmart charge. When the item ships or when you place the order? Thought I'd ask first since I couldn't see it on their FAQ.

Wal-Mart does charges up front, puts it back on and then charges again on shipping.

I know it's foolish to underestimate Amazon but Walmart, winner of E3 deals already?!

I'm holding out hope on all of my Amazon orders. As much as these Walmart prices are tempting, I've never been a fan of their double-charging ways.

SickBoy

Can I cancel orders on Walmart's website if Amazon price matches or is their website like Best Buys?

This is an important question. Are they still in that weird place where after like an hour, you have to call to cancel an order (or return it in-store)?

It's not super difficult, but it was a bit of a pain in the ass with Titanfall 2.

DJ_Lae

Weird, I seem to be able to make it various stages in the checkout process but always an error at the top and the final part never goes through.

I'm remembering why I don't use Walmart's site very often.

antibolo

Banned
I find it very unlikely that anybody else will beat Walmart's current prices, so I'm not really afraid of not being able to cancel.

Now I just have to find what to add to reach $50...

Wal-Mart does charges up front, puts it back on and then charges again on shipping.

Thanks, I see. Debating if I should suck it up and put one in for Odyssey now or wait to see if Amazon and Best Buy match this. This is pretty crazy so I really hope this is an actual thing and not a mistake of some sort.

Ventara

Thanks, I see. Debating if I should suck it up and put one in for Odyssey now or wait to see if Amazon and Best Buy match this. This is pretty crazy so I really hope this is an actual thing and not a mistake of some sort.

This is where I'm at now. Experience tells me to buy now, think later, but I really don't want to have to bother cancelling a bunch of games at Walmart.

Qwyjibo

I'm holding out hope on all of my Amazon orders. As much as these Walmart prices are tempting, I've never been a fan of their double-charging ways.
I think I've only ever ordered one thing from Walmart online (Interstellar blu-ray). So I don't have much experience with them.

kevin1025

Banned
I think I've only ever ordered one thing from Walmart online (Interstellar blu-ray). So I don't have much experience with them.

Over Boxing Day I had bought Deus Ex and Mafia III, and I had completely forgotten they double charge, so I only had the money in my debit for the two games at the time. So the second charge effed up the order, and because it was Visa Debit, they ended up charging me four times. Had to transfer credit card balance over to solve it. It was a complete mess and the three other charges took over a week to finally reverse.

It's not something that happens to everyone, but it turned me on ordering with them again.

Does Walmart charge when shipped or right away?

I really don't like them but those are some decent prices. Wondering if I should hold out to see what Amazon brings to the table or not. Don't want to go through the hassle of cancelling with Walmart if my card is already charged.

Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey get! I think I'll probably like at least one of them so why not?

Not sure if I want to place any more orders just yet. Still, a magnificent find!

Whales

Banned
Wal-Mart preorders can be cancelled right?

I literally just canceled my Crash preorder because I wanted to add Mario odyssey with it (and get free shipping) and I had no ptoblem. In my orders page it says "Order Canceled"

So I assume no problem to cancel a pre order.

Only for like 2 hours after placing the order. And nothing about the order can be easily changed. They fucking suck.

huh... thats dumb. Even if you try to call them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom