• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Most people don't buy every single AAA game that comes out.

I have to admit that since I've been playing fewer and fewer games as I got older, I've become more likely to buy digital. Ironic since you'd think buying more games would make me more likely to want less clutter, but it hasn't really worked that way.

RNG

RIP my wallet for later this year and early 2018. Still waiting for dat sweet Odyssey and Splatoon 2 discount.

Shame there's no Far Cry 5 PC available.

Qwyjibo

I assume that Amazon won't be doing any 20% off for non-Prime now with these price drops. I guess I'll use Best Buy's upcoming 20% for cheaper games like Uncharted, Yakuza, and FF: Zodiac Age.

khaaan

I prefer the ease of returning a game to a store if I change my mind after it ships without having to lie to Amazon CS to get a free shipping label.

In my experience both Wal-Mart and Best Buy usually get the games to you on or closer to release date than Amazon do. I usually don't mind waiting a few days since I have plenty to play though.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Good counterpoint.
Like I said earlier in the thread, the only reason for me to cancel my WM orders with Amazon matching the price is to get the 1% cashback with eBates and that's not worth the hassel for a total of $1.80 over 4 games.

Like I said earlier in the thread, the only reason for me to cancel my WM orders with Amazon matching the price is to get the 1% cashback with eBates and that's not worth the hassel for a total of $1.80 over 4 games.

How is Walmart's shipping?

NYR

Everything is gone WTF

I canceled my walmart preorders for nothing ???

Ve9Y3.gif

Bad move homey, you did it backwards.

Just hold out hope E3 delivers and the games get back in stock.

Stat!

Games I had last year that went down:

Spiderman
Detroit
God of War 4
CoD WWII

Games I just bought on Amazon:

Star Wars Battlefront II
RDR2
Death Stranding
Kingdom Hearts
Days Gone
NBA 2k18 for Switch

Also, bought Ratchet and Clank for $20. Still have Uncharted Lost Legacy too...

Waiting on Destiny 2 and all the switch games

Okay! Now I get to figure out which orders to cancel. Fun. I might just cancel the Amazon ones for the Walmart orders I placed because it'll be easier and I'm not Amazon's biggest fan at the moment.

Vinc

Destiny 2, Arms, Mario, Splatoon 2, and Middle Earth weren't adjusted on Amazon. Can we all use the tell us about a lower price link on their respective pages to let them know? :)

I'm also hoping for Ni No Kuni 2, Yakuza Kiwami, and Xenoblade 2 to go down as well.

Qwyjibo

I'm also hoping for Ni No Kuni 2, Yakuza Kiwami, and Xenoblade 2 to go down as well.
Probably not going to happen since it's not a full price game. Since I don't have Prime, I'm hoping to use Best Buy's 20% off pre-orders to order that as well.

I'll probably end up keeping my RDR2 pre-order. Last gen R* games didn't take too long to drop in price, but after how long it took GTAV just to get down to $35 I'm not gonna risk it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom