• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stat!

It's insane to get the French version of Destiny 2 right?

Or why not just pre-order Destiny 2 that way it doesn't run out of stock so to speak? And cancel if it never changes?

Thinking of doing this for the Nintendo stuff

Firestorm

Got Destiny 2 PC on Amazon since it's easier to cancel there and I'm not sure if I want it at $50 just yet.
How does anyone on even a remotely limited budget justify buying into the "all digital future" this console gen? Pay 30% more with no resale?

If anything, physical e3 sales should be pushing the online storefronts to bring in their own discounts. Not gonna happen though.
Because having a ton of physical cases and discs in an apartment and moving with it and dealing with storage and all that sucks.

Mimosa97

Or why not just pre-order Destiny 2 that way it doesn't run out of stock so to speak? And cancel if it never changes?

I'm French and I don't even know what french version entails. Is it french audio only ? Is that even legal ?

kevin1025

Banned

It's only going to be the packaging that's French, so you'll be fine. But EB Games can be iffy about trading in French-only packaging, depending on the people, in case you ever plan on trading it in.

So if you don't want to wait for the English version, I'd say go for it!

UberTag

I just canceled both items on the phone. It took 5 mins. I had ordered them 2h30 earlier lol. CS rep said no problem.
Has this been reflected on your orders page yet or did you just get the green light from phone support that it would be done?
(FYI, I ask this 'cause I received a cancellation Email as well but it hasn't been reflected on my orders screen yet.)

Got Destiny 2 PC on Amazon since it's easier to cancel there and I'm not sure if I want it at $50 just yet.Because having a ton of physical cases and discs in an apartment and moving with it and dealing with storage and all that sucks.

Trade them in, if you get the game for 50 bucks or less and finish it in a couple weeks you will get most of your money back.........or if they do a 2x trade again you make a profit off it

Kyolux

Trade them in, if you get the game for 50 bucks or less and finish it in a couple weeks you will get most of your money back.........or if they do a 2x trade again you make a profit off it

2x trade most likely to happen around scorpio release in guessing.

Mimosa97

Why isn't Amazon price matching COD ? It says in stock on the walmart website

I've preordered it at full price hoping they price match it later on. If not I'll just cancel it.

kevin1025

Banned
Why isn't Amazon price matching COD ? It says in stock on the walmart website

I've preordered it at full price hoping they price match it later on. If not I'll just cancel it.

It should have automatically applied. If it doesn't in the next little while, talk to the customer support and they will do it for you!

Mimosa97

They did? It is out of stock now....still in stock for XBONE:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B072NQJCW5/

EDIT: Oh, you mean price correction of your old order...no idea, sorry.

It matched CoD WWII. Or mine did automatically.

It should have automatically applied. If it doesn't in the next little while, talk to the customer support and they will do it for you!

They did ? Damn.

I'll contact customer service. Thanks.

I ended up reordering destiny 2 for pc at $49.96. they won't be stacking prime with the discounts, so its a better deal than what 20% off the list price.

kevin1025

Banned
The funny thing is, this was likely not their plan for E3, haha. So who knows what's still coming, discount-wise. Likely it won't be as big, but the things that aren't dropping might see some advantages.

The funny thing is, this was likely not their plan for E3, haha. So who knows what's still coming, discount-wise. Likely it won't be as big, but the things that aren't dropping might see some advantages.

Yeah, I am still keeping my eyes peeled for Project Cars 2, The Last of Us 2, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom