• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

killroy87

i have an ancient order for Kingdom Hearts 3 from like 3 years ago on amazon. It was when there was a bunch of glitchy deals, and now I'm getting it for like 18 dollars after all is said and done

Nice, we all knew Amazon would match, just in case though I ordered 2 games from Walmart which I kind of regret now, but oh well. I have most games already pre-ordered from previous years anyway so it works out since the prices already adjusted.

zroid

Banned
Not going to lie though I feel a little burned on Tekken 7 having got it for 20% off 79.99 to see it at 49.99 from the same retailer a week later.

you can ask for a refund of the difference; amazon doesn't have policy on this, but it seems that they usually will do it if it's within a week or so

of course you could always buy it again and return

kevin1025

Banned
What are the bets that new games announced get the $49 treatment too?

I want Mario Rabbids for $49, dammit!

I'm thinking new game announcements won't be $49.99, unless Wal-Mart does those as well. Luckily there's still a good week or so before their E3 stuff will end, so there's still time. But yeah, Assassin's Creed, The Crew 2, and Mario + Rabbids are the ones I'm looking out for!

Mimosa97

Should I cancel my walmart order and preorder on amazon ? (I'm still inside the 2 hours window)

You can cancel individual items and chance your adress on Amazon at anytime right ? Should I make multiple orders ?

I feel like Walmarts cancellation policy was established before they seriously considered pre orders. It makes sense to offer a 30 minute window for items that would be in stock so they give you a chance to cancel before it ships but if its an order that doesnt release for several months you should definitely be able to cancel. They need to re-evaluate this.

The whole online site is terrible. Can't cancel, can't easily change payment/shipping info. It's pretty bad. Much smaller companies have sites with much more functionality.

Online functionality seems like a last minute addition for so many stores.

Can't cancel on the site? Well then, feel free to bring it back to our physical store for a full refund! And while you're here, grab a burger and some wipers and bread.

Gaenor

Banned
Should I cancel my walmart order and preorder on amazon ? (I'm still inside the 2 hours window)

You can cancel individual items and chance your adress on Amazon at anytime right ? Should I make multiple orders ?

It's a 30 minutes window I think. If not, then tell me how to do !!

Indelible

Great E3 discounts so far, just need Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2 to hit $49.99 on Amazon and I'am all set for the rest of the year and the beginning of 2018.

Got Red Dead, Death Stranding and Crash.

Once the Switch games show up I'll be set for a while.

I see that RDR2 is up now on Walmart's site.

khaaan

Should I pre-order Kingdom Hearts 3 again even if I have a Futureshop order floating around? lol. The CC on that order has long expired and I remember updating it for Xenoblade Chronicles X was a bit of a pain in the butt. I actually don't see too much to pre-order yet. Not feeling Days Gone, already have Spider Man adjusted, have no idea what Detroit is lol. Flip flopping on whether I should pre-order Crash Bandicoot.

Edit: I hope Final Fantasy XII get's an adjustment.

Can people list their orders, I want to make sure I didn't miss a game that I want!

I ordered:
NBA 2K18: Early Tip-Off Edition (Switch)
Red Dead Redemption 2
Call of Duty: WWII
Days Gone
Detroit
Death Stranding
Crash Bandicoot
Far Cry 5

kevin1025

Banned
Should I pre-order Kingdom Hearts 3 again even if I have a Futureshop order floating around? lol. The CC on that order has long expired and I remember updating it for Xenoblade Chronicles X was a bit of a pain in the butt. I actually don't see too much to pre-order yet. Not feeling Days Gone, already have Spider Man adjusted, have no idea what Detroit is lol. Flip flopping on whether I should pre-order Crash Bandicoot.

You'll have direct control over KH3 on Amazon, I'd say go for it! And for Crash, the price is $33.85 taxes included, it's a pretty sweet price to jump in on!

eyesradar

My leftover e3 2016 orders are an hot mess now. Guess I'll deal with Amazon CSR later.

Uncharted 4 standalone DLC MSRP is 49.99 to start with right?

Now I just need that sweet $50 ARMS deal. Come on!

Qwyjibo

Can people list their orders, I want to make sure I didn't miss a game that I want!

I ordered:
Red Dead Redemption 2
Days Gone
Detroit
Death Stranding
Crash Bandicoot
Far Cry 5
Spiderman and God of War are ones that I got and you didn't list.

I ordered:
Red Dead Redemption 2
Days Gone
Detroit
Death Stranding
Crash Bandicoot
Far Cry 5

Destiny 2 is discounted on PC only atm, but I'd expect the console versions to follow.

How does anyone on even a remotely limited budget justify buying into the "all digital future" this console gen? Pay 30% more with no resale?

If anything, physical e3 sales should be pushing the online storefronts to bring in their own discounts. Not gonna happen though.

Haines

Banned
Amazon up?

Time to think of all the games i need to order.

Splatoon
arms
Mario
Red dead

Guess I can skim this thread for ideas

Kud Dukan

It's been a while since I've pre-ordered a number of games at once with Amazon. How do they handle charging for the games? Do they individually charge each game whenever they ship?

antibolo

Banned
How does anyone on even a remotely limited budget justify buying into the "all digital future" this console gen? Pay 30% more with no resale?

If anything, physical e3 sales should be pushing the online storefronts to bring in their own discounts. Not gonna happen though.

Most people don't buy every single AAA game that comes out. Unlike what some of you guys appear to do.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
These days it's a mixed bag. I prefer the control you have on amazon to easily cancel stuff.
I prefer the ease of returning a game to a store if I change my mind after it ships without having to lie to Amazon CS to get a free shipping label.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom