• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Now we need Walmart to be on the ball for the new game announcements so it forces Amazon to do the same.

Socreges

Banned
The funny thing is, this was likely not their plan for E3, haha. So who knows what's still coming, discount-wise. Likely it won't be as big, but the things that aren't dropping might see some advantages.
I want deals AFTER E3. There are many games I'm interested in but would need to see at E3 to plunk down money for.

Kiro

Ugh, I have to cancel my games from one of the 2 stores now, seeing as I have two sets of games all at 49.96.

...I need to worry about this after work-hours lol

This is really my first E3 hunting deals, it's fun! Grabbed Kingdom Hearts and Battlefront, hoping RDR2 goes back up on Amazon. Bless this thread.

Magnus

For those of us late to this party, the deals are live on Amazon.ca primarily??

I swear I saw a post saying Mario Odyssey was $50 somewhere too...

kevin1025

Banned
I want deals AFTER E3. There are many games I'm interested in but would need to see at E3 to plunk down money for.

Usually Amazon's E3 deals last until Thursday, so new game announcements and games already up will have whatever their deal will end up being. They still don't have Last of Us Part II, Assassin's Creed, Knack 2, The Crew 2, and many others. They do have Need for Speed up, but it isn't showing any discounts or anything yet, like it's temporary.

The funny thing is, this was likely not their plan for E3, haha. So who knows what's still coming, discount-wise. Likely it won't be as big, but the things that aren't dropping might see some advantages.

I'm sure Amazon.ca had a contingency for Walmart launching $49.96 pre-orders. They likely had a vague idea of what each retailer was capable of; it would be bad planning to not have at least considered what your competitors would be doing, especially since they know what everyone did last year. I don't really expect this to change their promotion materially.

Now we need Walmart to be on the ball for the new game announcements so it forces Amazon to do the same.

I don't think they updated last year to include new games. It's quite possible Walmart sets their slate ahead of time knowing that they won't bother discounting games announced at E3.

Cancel my Prime discounts and ship my games three days late if I'm wrong, though!

We still have PSN sales to look forward to. Anyone know if they are doing the spend $100 in one month and get 15 bucks back deal again soon?

We still have PSN sales to look forward to. Anyone know if they are doing the spend $100 in one month and get 15 bucks back deal again soon?

Tomorrow. https://www.playstation.com/en-us/legal/spend-100-get-15-terms-and-conditions/

"Spend $100 using your PlayStation®Network wallet (“PSN Wallet”) beginning June 9th , 2017 through June 20th, 2017 11:59PM PT, and receive a PSN Wallet promotion code valued at $15 to spend on games, movies, TV shows, music and anything else that accepts PSN Wallet funds*!"

NYR

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they don't do anything now, since they know Wal-Mart will swing their big dick around. In business, if you respond to competition, you'll be heading down the toilet bowl of revenue as you try to out-do each other.

If I was Amazon, I honestly wouldn't do anything - price match the existing $49.99 games Wal-Mart does and just continue offering 20% off pre-orders to match Best Buy. If Wal-Mart offers newly announced games at 49.99, then I would expect them to match those as well.

Oneself

Woot!
All my amazon pre-orders dropped to 49.96$ before discount.
Death Stranding, God of War, Days Gone, Spiderman, Detroit etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom