• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryde3

all my existing Amazon orders are showing the new lower price, with the 20% E3 still applied, and I believe they've been giving me Prime ontop of that for these orders. AMAZING!

Ryde3

Take screenshots! Lots and lots of screenshots.

sure!

vC3ON

catspit

Amazon updated their TOS I thought so that the 20% is only applied to the original listing price . Not any price drops.. Before they updated their terms I would get 20% off of the price drop price.

I've spoken to managers about it in a few games since they changed their stance.. Maybe someone on here remembers this and could link their stance as I have seen it in writing before

How is Walmart when shipping an order with 2 games that release a couple weeks apart...Will they wait until it's complete or ship them separately?

True Fire

I meant in case Amazon tries to take away the discounts. They tend to do that if you get a Prime discount you're not supposed to. I got into a mini argument with them over Lego City Undercover Switch, but they eventually honoured the price error

tried to post but my img isn't working, here's the direct URL: http://imgur.com/a/vC3ON

I should clarify that it shows the 20% in the order summary, but it doesn't show it on the item price, per usual.

that image does not show any 20% discount, only that your order's price updated. Go into the details and check if the total is 249.80$+tx or less.

What knacklover said.

Amazon updated their TOS I thought so that the 20% is only applied to the original listing price . Not any price drops.. Before they updated their terms I would get 20% off of the price drop price.

I've spoken to managers about it in a few games since they changed their stance.. Maybe someone on here remembers this and could link their stance as I have seen it in writing before

You are correct. It's 20% off the MSRP. If there's a random drop before then, that comes off the total price of the Prime discount. So a $79.99 game will never be lower then $63.99 regardless of drops in price. The only time it will is if the manufacturer drops their MSRP.

Apples_89

What knacklover said.

You are correct. It's 20% off the MSRP. If there's a random drop before then, that comes off the total price of the Prime discount. So a $79.99 game will never be lower then $63.99 regardless of drops in price. The only time it will is if the manufacturer drops their MSRP.

Spoke with CS and got them to manually apply the additional 20% discount to Spiderman, GOW, Days Gone, Death Stranding and Detroit based on ordering them last year during the E3 promo. A couple of failed attempts with chat but it worked like a charm via phone. Worth a shot if anyones determined and itching for more savings!

True Fire

I hope Walmart discounts VII Remake. Now that would be a killer preorder.

Imagine all of the E3 discounts that'll stack between now and 2020?

Spoke with CS and got them to manually apply the additional 20% discount to Spiderman, GOW, Days Gone, Death Stranding and Detroit based on ordering them last year during the E3 promo. A couple of failed attempts with chat but it worked like a charm via phone. Worth a shot if anyones determined and itching for more savings!

So you got an addtional 20% off of the sales $50 sales price? Pic?

Sealtest

I've never played a red dead before but I guess I'll preorder it now and think later. What's a good comparison to this game? GTA?

Lexxism

RDR2 is available again at Amazon

Edit: just noticed that my KH3 I bought last 2014 went down to 49.96. Thats 35 with 30% discount. Pre-ordering pays off finally!

Kyolux

Yesss, grabbed.

Final tally

KH3
BF2
RDRD2
COD
GT

So many acronyms. So many deals.

If we're doing lists...

CoD (I doubt I'll want it, but worse case will sell easy on kijiji or something) edit:
trade-in for a spinner or two!
KH3 (backup for my $40 future shop)
BF2 (gameplay pending)
FC5 (gameplay pending)
Detroit
Days Gone
GoW
RDR2 (same as CoD most likely)
Spiderman
Death Stranding

catspit

CSR sweepstakes. Basically you keep on chatting a csr until you get someone to add the 20% discount.

This is very YMMV. I've be able to do it a long time ago, but recently after like 6 people In a row, phone calls and supervisors I gave up

I should note that their own policy states it's 20% off The original listing price, not price drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom