• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think I could get an Amazon rep to switch my French Destiny 2 order to an English one later down the line?
Its only the case thats french. So if that is an issue they might be able to switch. But if you dont care about a little french on the box the game itself can be set in any language your ps4 is currently set to.

bryt

Now I need to figure out what game to move my RDR2 preorder from EB to... Any good games coming out in 2019?

EDIT: Oh wait, Dissidia is coming out. I'll probably pop my RDR2 onto that.

NYR

Urg I hate how preorders of games that aren't even limited editions can even go out of stock in the first place.
They can't offer an unlimited supply. They are doing these deals to break even based on bulk purchases. The whole point is ancillary services (Amazon Prime, getting your email address, getting you to shop on their site, etc).

When they re-up the offer, it isn't random - they likely have locked in supply via a distributor or publisher.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Looks like we are about to witness yet again the debate of whether conning amazon employees for extra deals is moral or not.
Like was said, it's not a debate.

I believe that prime should apply to the discounted game, otherwise it's a pointless service.

Non prime people get their 50$ games, prime people get it for 40$, everyone is happy.
I would agree with you if the terms of Prime wasn't specific on that point.

Were you here for double 30 discounts? No? Gaf don't like it when people get extra deals.

You got it cheaper. Good for you.
It's not about not liking people getting a deal, it's about badgering CS until you get something that their deal terms doesn't state. E3 2015 deal terms were % off the lowest price, E3 2016 terms they changed it to % off the list price. We all knew that change before we ordered last year so complaining we're not getting something better until we do is a slimy move. I'm happy when price/system errors get people a great deal.

NYR

Agreed. I just meant we have seen this debate five times and there is no point wasting your time trying to convince them.
Oh yeah, definitely agree. This thread is still days away from E3 and is already insane.

Fularu

Banned
Like was said, it's not a debate.

I would agree with you if the terms of Prime wasn't specific on that point.

It's not about not liking people getting a deal, it's about badgering CS until you get something that their deal terms doesn't state. E3 2015 deal terms were % off the lowest price, E3 2016 terms they changed it to % off the list price. We all knew that change before we ordered last year so complaining we're not getting something better until we do is a slimy move. I'm happy when price/system errors get people a great deal.
I know that's not how it works but if Amazon wants to keep doing business with people they need to make prime attractive.

Right now I pay 90$ a year for shit shipping services and the same price as everyone for my preordered games thanks to walmart.

As it stands right now, prime is losing a lot of value for me as a customer

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I know that's not how it works but if Amazon wants to keep doing business with people they need to make prime attractive.

Right now I pay 90$ a year for shit shipping services and the same price as everyone for my preordered games thanks to walmart.

As it stands right now, prime is losing a lot of value for me as a customer
You shouldn't renew and if you do knowing all of this then it's on you.

DVCY201

Just to confirm, no Nintendo Switch titles have dropped yet on Amazon? I'll wait a bit, hoping to get the Price Protection

daftstar

Anyone pre-order COD WW2? I'm still on the fence about it since it's developed by Sledgehammer and I didn't play Advanced Warfare. I did enjoy Black Ops 3 though and put a ton of hours into it but that was Treyarch..

Did people like the MP for Advanced Warfare?

Haines

Banned
Anyone pre-order COD WW2? I'm still on the fence about it since it's developed by Sledgehammer and I didn't play Advanced Warfare. I did enjoy Black Ops 3 though and put a ton of hours into it but that was Treyarch..

I did. I'll just cancel if it looks bad.

Last did I played was blops1

UberTag

This is mainly true, but there was another order I had with Kingdom Hearts 3 on it and that price adjusted automatically to include the E3 discount, although that order was placed 2 years ago so the terms might be different for older orders like that. It seems like there's much more wiggle room with E3 discounts than existing prime discounts. Good luck!
Amazon's policy changed over that stretch. Those old two-year-old orders still adhere to their old discount logic but nothing created since does.

If you want to hustle Amazon CSRs to apply E3 / Prime discounts on prices that are already reduced by almost 40%, go nuts. That's not something I'll be partaking in, though.

daftstar

I did. I'll just cancel if it looks bad.

Last did I played was blops1

Alright I guess I'll do the same.

Any ideas on how long this promo will last? I think I wanna see footage at the press conference first before placing my order.. hopefully it lasts for the next week/throughout E3.

daevv

So only the $49 dollar games for us non Prime plebs? No 20% off on regular priced games like last year? Unless it gets added in the next few days.

Kyolux

Alright I guess I'll do the same.

Any ideas on how long this promo will last? I think I wanna see footage at the press conference first before placing my order.. hopefully it lasts for the next week/throughout E3.

Just order it and cancel if it doesn't please you.

So only the $49 dollar games for us non Prime plebs? No 20% off on regular priced games like last year? Unless it gets added in the next few days.

Amazon is just matching Wal-mart righ now. No E3 specials for them yet.

no this is just amazon price matching walmart, they did the same last year as well when walmart did the same

I'm in, but mostly because I was trying to think of any games I might remotely be interested in and this was one. I still kind of expect to cancel it, as I didn't play Infinite Warfare or Advanced Warfare (though was pleasantly surprised by Black Ops III, as the only person in the world who liked the campaign).

etta

my hard graphic balls

There's no new Battlefield this year so looks like Call of Duty and Star Wars for me.
Unless there's Modern Warfare 2 Remastered, in which case everything else can fuck right off.
But Star Wars will have the DLC maps free for everyone, so that's nice. And it will look eye-melting on Scorpio, so I'm definitely getting it. Even though I don't really like the first, I only fucked around for a few hours for the visuals.

kevin1025

Banned

I'm in, but mostly because I was trying to think of any games I might remotely be interested in and this was one. I still kind of expect to cancel it, as I didn't play Infinite Warfare or Advanced Warfare (though was pleasantly surprised by Black Ops III, as the only person in the world who liked the campaign).

Advanced Warfare was the best in terms of campaign in recent years, for me at least. I mostly play them for campaign and only dabble in multiplayer. So with them doing WWII, it could be really interesting. It'll get a decent blowout during the Sony conference, I'm sure, and it's way off in November still, so plenty of time to cancel if it's starting to look rough!

Whales

Banned
RDR ps4 was back in stock so I managed to nab it

I still need Crash though ;( and then I will be able to cancel my walmart order

daftstar

There's no new Battlefield this year so looks like Call of Duty and Star Wars for me.
Unless there's Modern Warfare 2 Remastered, in which case everything else can fuck right off.
But Star Wars will have the DLC maps free for everyone, so that's nice. And it will look eye-melting on Scorpio, so I'm definitely getting it. Even though I don't really like the first, I only fucked around for a few hours for the visuals.

Thought about getting Star Wars mainly for the visuals/audio too but the impressions of the first were pretty lackluster. I'm not very big on the series either so that's another thing.. Who knows I might change my mind after seeing more of it in the future.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Thought about getting Star Wars mainly for the visuals/audio too but the impressions of the first were pretty lackluster. I'm not very big on the series either so that's another thing.. Who knows I might change my mind after seeing more of it in the future.
For $50 I think it's a safe pre-order. Worst case scenario you flip it for $60 the next day.

kevin1025

Banned

This one is going to have a campaign along with the improvements!

daftstar

For $50 I think it's a safe pre-order. Worst case scenario you flip it for $60 the next day.

Dammit I'm trying not to pre-order everything lol. Fuck it.

tenor.gif

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Advanced Warfare had probably the worst gun balance, and I hated the movement system, but I'm hoping boots on the ground can bring some fun back.

Infinite Warfare was the first cod since Blops 2 that I never ended up buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom