• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
The damage...

Detroit
Days
Death
RDR 2
Star Wars
Arms (just prime)
Spiderman
GoW
Crash
Mario
Spla2n

How the F^cK did this happen? I didn't expect to wake up this morning committing to spend this kind of money. You all are bad influence!

*burns his flow chart*

firelogic

This is very YMMV. I've be able to do it a long time ago, but recently after like 6 people In a row, phone calls and supervisors I gave up

I should note that their own policy states it's 20% off The original listing price, not price drops.

6 people eh? I don't think I'll bother trying unless I see more success stories here. On the bright side, it's still a better deal than what we were getting with the 20% off of $79.99 so can't be too mad.

I wanted to order NBA for Switch but I will just hope Amazon has a deal so I can cancel if the game isnt fully featured. Otherwise good deal.

Apples_89

This is very YMMV. I've be able to do it a long time ago, but recently after like 6 people In a row, phone calls and supervisors I gave up

I should note that their own policy states it's 20% off The original listing price, not price drops.
This is mainly true, but there was another order I had with Kingdom Hearts 3 on it and that price adjusted automatically to include the E3 discount, although that order was placed 2 years ago so the terms might be different for older orders like that. It seems like there's much more wiggle room with E3 discounts than existing prime discounts. Good luck!

kevin1025

Banned
My hope is that all of these Wal-Mart cancellations will make their $50 games go back in stock and cause Amazon to drop their prices, haha.

Pacer

Neo Member
I think I'll keep my Walmart orders. I know Amazon will deliver late on purpose and I don't want to support that.

True Fire

Here. Let me help out...

UGW9Ag2.png

And damn! Lucky you.

Damn, that's like 3DS prices for day one super AAA titles. E3 really is the best time of the year.

And the madness over newly announced games hasn't even begun yet.

Yeah I ordered the French version. Apparently, its just the packaging and not the game itself.

I am just waiting on Amazon to do some Nintendo stuff!
Ya my copy of vanilla destiny that came with my white ps4 was french packaging.

Also my god this is canadian video game christmas!!!

Socreges

Banned
So I ordered RDR2 back in April with the Prime discount. Came to $65 or so.

Now, with this price change, when I look at my order, it says $49.95.

Does this mean it will necessarily ship and charge at $49.95 when the game is finally released? Or might it reset to the original order price when the deal is over? 🤔 Seems awfully nice of them to administer the lowest price after I've already ordered.

kevin1025

Banned

Does this mean it will necessarily ship and charge at $49.95 when the game is finally released? Or might it reset to the original order price when the deal is over? �� Seems awfully nice of them to administer the lowest price after I've already ordered.

They have a lowest price guarantee, so you'll pay $49.96 + tax when it ships!

I noticed that the PC version of Destiny 2 shows at 49 on amazon so I just added that for now as I have PS4 on walmart. Now I can mull over which one I want to keep :/

Fularu

Banned

Does this mean it will necessarily ship and charge at $49.95 when the game is finally released? Or might it reset to the original order price when the deal is over? 🤔 Seems awfully nice of them to administer the lowest price after I've already ordered.
Preorder price protection kicked in

You're fine

-Deimos

For some reason, Mario got put in a separate order. The only reason I ordered it at full price was to have everything in one order if Amazon price matched it XD

MikeyMike

Got RDR2, GoW and Destiny 2. 50$ for new games is a pretty decent price nowadays. If Ni No Kuni could drop during E3, I'd be set.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
This is how good things get ruined, people gaming the system and taking advantage.
I'm actually surprised Amazon doesn't track how many times people call in about an order then automatically shut them down for price adjustments after they've already been denied.

I got Mario on Switch even though I dont have a Switch yet, lol. Also got Destiny 2 for the PC whenever that comes out. Both from Walmart. Thanks for the notification of the sales.

I wouldn't feel right trying to get a CSR to apply a 20% discount to an already heavily discounted game.

It's like putting Alberta as your province on the eShop when you don't live there. Feels dirty.

Dunno if this was asked, but any reason why Amazon doesn't offer deluxe version of Marvel vs Capcom infinite, or steelbook of FF12? I know there was a debacle with orders being cancelled for 12 (of which I was one of them), but as far as I know, Amazon seems to be the only place where the two aren't for sale. They're both on best buy and Walmart sites too.

Maybe square and Capcom purposely don't want people to use their prime discounts? Shame...

(Also, what's up with Mario Odyssey being a hundred bucks everywhere?! And with the prime discount, it just "happens" to be $79.99...)

jaybe00

Neo Member
Decisions...

299 PS4 500gb black with uncharted 4
Or
329 PS4 1tb gold with no bundled game

Anyone else facing this? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Apples_89

Yeah, after chat shut you down a few times. Amazon is dumb for not putting notes on people's orders when they shut people down.

It was two times, and one lady didn't have a clue what was going on to the point that it was a futile effort to try and explain the situation. The second was a guy who just passed the inquiry to their promotions department for further evaluation, and would get back to me in two days with a proposed solution. You're acting like this is some snaky move which should be scorned, when simply they're just extending a similar discount like they've done willingly, automatically, countless times before.

Deeda

Decisions...

299 PS4 500gb black with uncharted 4
Or
329 PS4 1tb gold with no bundled game

Anyone else facing this? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I think you should go for the 1TB PS4 for $329. You could always get the game later :) More storage space is better.

Kiro

Looks like we are about to witness yet again the debate of whether conning amazon employees for extra deals is moral or not.

Fularu

Banned
Looks like we are about to witness yet again the debate of whether conning amazon employees for extra deals is moral or not.
I believe that prime should apply to the discounted game, otherwise it's a pointless service.

Non prime people get their 50$ games, prime people get it for 40$, everyone is happy.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Why are Spiderman, Days Gone, Death Stranding, and Detroit unavailable??
I got pretty much everything else at $49.

You're acting like this is some snaky move which should be scorned, when simply they're just extending a similar discount like they've done willingly, automatically, countless times before.

Were you here for double 30 discounts? No? Gaf don't like it when people get extra deals.

You got it cheaper. Good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom