• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
1047680_ca_247_e3_wave3_stripe_650x45_en._CB508171337_.png

Yeah would seem to imply the deal this year is just the standard prime discount.

Or that would be my interpretation from that at least.

I am holding out hope that this is just a pre-E3 banner; I believe that in previous years, the Amazon banners advertised E3 without making mention of any promo at all (this was before the Prime discount existed), and then when the 20% discount went live the banners suddenly changed. This might be the same thing.

Or maybe not. It doesn't seem like Amazon to rest on their laurels when the competition hasn't been thoroughly crushed, but who can say really? All the better for the competition in that case.

kevin1025

Banned
I am holding out hope that this is just a pre-E3 banner; I believe that in previous years, the Amazon banners advertised E3 without making mention of any promo at all (this was before the Prime discount existed), and then when the 20% discount went live the banners suddenly changed. This might be the same thing.

Or maybe not. It doesn't seem like Amazon to rest on their laurels when the competition hasn't been thoroughly crushed, but who can say really? All the better for the competition in that case.

I'm guessing whatever they have will go live in less than three hours, since that's when lightning deals and such would kick in, unless I'm mistaken!

Sealtest

With how Amazon has acted this past year I wouldn't put it past them to make it Prime only and give 25% off Prime member preorders and nothing for everyone else.

Talha

I already have a pay-as-you go and was trying to just change the account/number to a normal plan. And I also tried just buying the phone without a term but apparently to that I need to sign up for a new contract, as per the lady told me. I think there might be a language barrier between her and I though so maybe I'll go back in another day and see.

Yea I'd definitely try another store because our protocol for Pay as you go is we can't change plans in store because our systems in store don't allow plan changes there but if your to tell them to call in to customer service or the stores Retail support they should be able to change the plan no problem, also you should be able to buy any phone outright you don't have to buy a phone on a contract, check to see if the store your visiting is a Dealer Location as they are usually very rude and push people that aren't upgrading a contract, or buying a new phone plan away from the stores and direct them to corporate stores.

AtlantiC_CodeX

Neo Member
So far I ordered from amazon:

RDR2
GOW
Destiny 2
COD WWII
Star Wars BF2

The Destiny, cod, and SW are just for now until i decide later.

The ones I still want are Death stranding, crash, and Tekken 7.

I am reluctant to order from WM and hoping Amazon will have them back in stock soon so I can get the prime discount. Or should I not wait and just order from WM?

Can I cancel an order from WM after it's been made?

Davide

Probably a stupid question but if I pre-order three games at once on Amazon can I cancel individual games or get something like a potential buy 2 get 1 E3 deal added next week? And I'll only be charged for the individual games as they ship, not all once the first ships?

Probably a stupid question but if I pre-order three games at once on Amazon can I cancel individual games or get something like a potential buy 2 get 1 E3 deal added next week? And I'll only be charged for the individual games as they ship, not all once the first ships?
Doubt there will be a B2G1.

You can cancel individual games in an order though, and they will be charged individually after each item ships.

Skikkiks

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon/Pokken DX are up on Amazon

Ultra Sun & Moon are 59.99

Pokken is 99.99 for one new character and 4 arcade characters that have existed for months LOL

Considering that, with the current conversion, games should be around 80 to 85 in the worst case, this has to be a bug.

Excactly, current conversation. The $99 is a "place holder" that, in theory, they can drop when it gets closed to release and they know what the exchange will be then.

I am surprised xenoblade 2 and fire emblem warriors are still at $79.

Whales

Banned
Considering that, with the current conversion, games should be around 80 to 85 in the worst case, this has to be a bug.

Damn man. Im glad I dont have many issues with money but still... Gaming is getting more and more expensive :(

praise these awesome e3 deals

jzbluz

Wow, BB doesn't have any Vita games up for preorder. I know, dead console and all, but it's still getting games. I guess I'm sticking with Amazon.

Sealtest

looking at splatoon page omn amazon it does indeed say prime members save for e3. Nothing about how much yet though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh duh, I should have asked here before the E3 deals drown out the page.

Where do you go to find flight deals these days? Expedia?

Xenoflare

Goddamn it, if I reserve something on sale at BB but still hasn't gotten my confirmation email and the price changes back am I screwed?

I reserved Nier at $50 but since I still didn't get the email so I probably won't be able to get one until the store opens tomorrow.

I swear I saw the sale says it ends June 9th and now it's back to 80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom