• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what time that PSN sale will hit. I assume 11am EST tomorrow. You usually see the store start to update around then.

kevin1025

Banned
Im unsure about Shadow of War. I enjoyed the first game and this looks more of the same but I think I only have room for one more Ubisoft open world like game this year and im saving that for AC: Origins.

Plus it's quite likely Assassin's Creed is coming out during the same month. There's only a few release slots left before it becomes a bloodbath.

So many noob mistakes happening. Pre-order everything...in quantity...now. Think about it later.

Trying to drag everyone else down with me into the dark financial abyss.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Man, I can't believe I missed out on this earlier today. Luckily I had many of these pre-ordered already and their prices adjusted.

Waiting on Marvel and AC: Origins, I guess.

kevin1025

Banned
This is very true, I wonder what else is gonna invade october/november

For now, from memory at least, it's looking like this:

October 17: South Park and Middle-Earth: Shadow of War
November 3: Call of Duty
November 10: Need for Speed
November 17: Battlefront II

Sony, Microsoft (and Scorpio), and Nintendo will drop their games in there, as well, plus there may be an announcement or two of incoming fall games. So early October and the Tuesdays in November are the only open spots for now. September is staked out with Destiny 2 and sports games, so it doesn't leave a ton of options.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate was late October, so maybe they'll toss Origins there even though it's close to South Park.

July and August are hardly dead this year. I have Splatoon 2 and FFXII in July
August has about 4 games I want. Most are on the 29th though.

Uncharted, Everybody's Golf, and Yakuza Kiwami all in seven days is too exciting to even think about, haha.

Damn. Completely forgot about Uncharted. I have that as part of my Uncharted 4 pass thing so it hasn't even been on my radar. I actually have six games in August.

WTF.

beta_fuse

I know I'm being lazy but I'm on vacation and haven't kept up with the E3 deals. Can someone please recap.

Has it only been Wal-Mart so far having preorders @ 49.99? Or has Amazon matched this deal for most games?

True Fire

I know I'm being lazy but I'm on vacation and haven't kept up with the E3 deals. Can someone please recap.

Has it only been Wal-Mart so far having preorders @ 49.99? Or has Amazon matched this deal for most games?

Amazon price matched preorders. Except Nintendo games (Arms, Splatoon, Mario) and Shadow of War because they're sold out at Walmart.

kevin1025

Banned

Yep, that's the extent so far. Best Buy had theirs leaked that it starts tomorrow, and could potentially be 20% discounts. And Amazon hasn't had their real E3 deal yet, although them just price matching could be their play this year.

Cru Jones

When using the switch filter on the Amazon e3 page some games are starting to show up (no discounts yet), but there was nothing under it before with only the word "null".

ohlawd

Merci, saved me some $
I mean, you should probably look into them yourself but when you find SMT:A tedious then I guess that's that. If you're ever down with playing games that require a bit more thought than your average game, I hope they're readily available when you get around

NYR

When using the switch filter on the Amazon e3 page some games are starting to show up (no discounts yet), but there was nothing under it before with only the word "null".
500.gif

Bring it!

beta_fuse

Amazon price matched preorders. Except Nintendo games (Arms, Splatoon, Mario) and Shadow of War because they're sold out at Walmart.

Yep, that's the extent so far. Best Buy had theirs leaked that it starts tomorrow, and could potentially be 20% discounts. And Amazon hasn't had their real E3 deal yet, although them just price matching could be their play this year.

Alright thanks guys. It's a shame I missed out on the Nintendo games but I'll take whatever else I can get at this point :p

It's such a good feeling that I've already been able to pre-order so many big AAA games releasing over the next 3-24 months for $50. E3 hasn't even started yet and I'm already thrilled with the sale. Anything else Amazon does is a complete bonus. I'm sure it won't be better than the $50 games. We just have to hope that Walmart makes newly announced games $50 during E3 and Amazon price matches. Feels so good that we're not stuck with 20% off $80 games.

MercuryLS3

It's such a good feeling that I've already been able to pre-order so many big AAA games for the next 6-18 months for $50. E3 hasn't even started yet and I'm thrilled with the sale. Anything else Amazon does is a complete bonus. I'm sure it won't be better than the $50 games. We just have to hope that Amaozon makes newly announced games $50 during E3 and Amazon price matches. Feels so good that we're not stuck with 20% off $80 games.

Yeah it's great, i've locked in almost all the games i have any interest in for 2017/2018. $50 is such a great price.

I mean, you should probably look into them yourself but when you find SMT:A tedious then I guess that's that. If you're ever down with playing games that require a bit more thought than your average game, I hope they're readily available when you get around

Thanks for the input. At this stage in life the only jrpgs I enjoy are Persona games (4G and 5 are my favourite games ever), and Fire Emblems. I'm guessing these new Atlus games resemble neither of those, though what do you mean by "more thought"? The problem I had with SMT:A was 12 hours in it still felt like I was using the same 2 functions on every encounter, and collecting random demons. Hence, tedium, and no thought.

kevin1025

Banned
What are the chances the Xbox Scorpio will cost less than a PS4 in order to aggressively court gamers?!

lol :(

There's always that detective GAF stuff where the 6 second Scorpio ads link to a $399 ad for some robot thing. So it could be $499 CDN!

(One can dream, haha.)

MS Conference should be very interesting indeed, I think rumours suggest (well from a GAF post) that project Dylan (new bioware IP) may be premiered there

Whales

Banned
final tally for me:

walmart:
mario odyssey
crash
destiny 2 (pc)

amazon:
cod ww2 (still.unsure, will see how good it ends up before release and all)
RDR2
Battlefront 2 (bought it for my brother)
God of War

Amazing deals, especially compared to last year...

Whales

Banned
is it a better idea to make a full big order of games on amazon or to make every order separately?

Doesnt the 20% of last year stack the more games you bought in an order? Or am I imagining things

Robert807

This may sound funny but it feels like I'm writing a letter to Santa clause. Picking out all my games I want for the year. Making a list checking it twice lol. Even though I gotta pay for the games and they all come at different dates threw out the year. Fifty bucks is a great deal. I'm taking a chance buy getting all my third party games on Xbox . I'm hoping they look better than ps pro.

It's only some games if I'm not mistaken. Check games like Destiny 2 and Battlefront 2

Oh I see! Guess I'll wait for some more games

kevin1025

Banned
They're updating the E3 page fairly regularly now. They messed up and the Splatoon 2 banner leads to Ultra Street Fighter, haha.

Elitist1945

I tried to get an actual phone plan with Wind (Freedom) and ditch my pay-as-you-go plan and remembered why I thought they were so shitty in the first place. They required a credit check. Really? Am I renting a house here lmao. I don't have a credit card to obviously I couldn't proceed with getting a plan. They're lucky its only $50 a month otherwise I'd ditch them so fast.

Also, is there a thread for non-gaming related Canadian things, or is this kinda it as well.

CazTGG

The Pokémon games are up but unavailable.
Pokemon Ultra Sun: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B072MP3LJ1/
Pokken DX: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B071WSVV33/

I tried to get an actual phone plan with Wind (Freedom) and ditch my pay-as-you-go plan and remembered why I thought they were so shitty in the first place. They required a credit check. Really? Am I renting a house here lmao. I don't have a credit card to obviously I couldn't proceed with getting a plan. They're lucky its only $50 a month otherwise I'd ditch them so fast.

Also, is there a thread for non-gaming related Canadian things, or is this kinda it as well.

This is it!

On the subject of phones, any Blackberry Keyone deals/plans that are worthwhile?

Elitist1945

This is it!

On the subject of phones, any Blackberry Keyone deals/plans that are worthwhile?

I actually considered this phone and looked for a while and saw nothing. Same with the S8+ (which I'm going with). The LG G6 is $750 unlocked on Amazon.ca though which was seriously tempting as hell.

You're probably not looking for unlocked versions, though.

Interesting banner that Amazon has on the main videogame page: "E3: Prime members save on preorder games".

Extra Prime member-only discounts coming (aside from the amazing $50 price matching)? Or just the normal 20% off for Prime members?

Talha

I work for Freedom, you could get the monthly plans on a pay as you go, if your getting a contract than they require a credit check

Elitist1945

I work for Freedom, you could get the monthly plans on a pay as you go, if your getting a contract than they require a credit check

I already have a pay-as-you go and was trying to just change the account/number to a normal plan. And I also tried just buying the phone without a term but apparently to that I need to sign up for a new contract, as per the lady told me. I think there might be a language barrier between her and I though so maybe I'll go back in another day and see.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
My damage list with Walmart

Crash Trilogy
Splatoon 2
Mario Odyssey
God of War
Spiderman
Death Stranding

Not much else I want to preorder at this point. Lets see what else gets announced and what Amazon does besides matching Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom