• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone pre-order COD WW2? I'm still on the fence about it since it's developed by Sledgehammer and I didn't play Advanced Warfare. I did enjoy Black Ops 3 though and put a ton of hours into it but that was Treyarch..

Did people like the MP for Advanced Warfare?

I bought Advanced Warfare at launch and enjoyed it, but the movement system in that particular game may have turned off a lot of people. The gun balancing is also the wonkiest out of the three currently released current gen COD's. I still standby all three Black Ops games being the best modern COD games below COD4.

The campaign in AW is surprisingly competent, I'd say with Infinite Warfare being a slight nudge lower (I thought it was actually a really good campaign), with Black Ops 3 being the worst.

I'd say they'll at least do good by the campaign for WWII, but the MP needs a few beta runs to test the waters.

Oh fuck I just checked my old pre-order from last year and got Gran Turismo Sport, South Park Fractured But Whole, Death Stranding, Spiderman, Detroit, and God of War for $49.99 plus the 20% discount

Occasionally Amazon pulls through

Oh fuck I just checked my old pre-order from last year and got Gran Turismo Sport, South Park Fractured But Whole, Death Stranding, Spiderman, Detroit, and God of War for $49.99 plus the 20% discount

Occasionally Amazon pulls through

Wait, what? I don't recall South Park being part of the initial Walmart promo, and all versions are currently $79.99 on Amazon. If you really did get a drop to $49.99, count your lucky stars maybe!

Wait, what? I don't recall South Park being part of the initial Walmart promo, and all versions are currently $79.99 on Amazon. If you really did get a drop to $49.99, count your lucky stars maybe!

Oh I think I just misremembered. I think it dropped to $49 previously in the past few months but I didn't notice until now

5KLIVkr.png

I'm still salty I missed Crash. I'm fucking shook that I didn't pre-order it previously cause I was willing to buy that game at $49.99 anyway but kept forgetting to order it.

Ondore

I want to say it dropped to $50 in late November last year as part of a Cyber Monday thing.

kevin1025

Banned
Safe to say Amazon won't discount Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2?

They might if Wal-Mart restocks! Since they went out of stock fairly quickly, and these sales were probably going to last for a few days, I can see Wal-Mart trying to get them back up, and Amazon jumping on that.

Lexxism

Safe to say Amazon won't discount Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2?
I pretty much pre-ordered all of the Switch games. If they bother matching Walmart's price, I already pre-order and just wait for price adjustment. It won't be a problem even if I'm sleeping when the deal goes live

Kiro

I love that we haven't even started worrying about deals for unannounced games. More ordering inbound! And with it, cancelling.

Anyone cancelling Walmart orders yet? Is it going smoothly? I want to cancel 3 out 4 of the games I have with them (maybe Mario too if Amazon decides to match it.) I'm going to wait and see what shakes. Just hope Walmart isn't too difficult.

Still no Arms restock at Walmart?

The Tekken 7 I ordered this morning from Walmart will be delivered to the Canada Post near me tomorrow.

That's a good sign. I will probably just keep my orders with them.

kevin1025

Banned
Still no Arms restock at Walmart?

The Tekken 7 I ordered this morning from Walmart will be delivered to the Canada Post near me tomorrow.

That's a good sign. I will probably just keep my orders with them.

I'm checking fairly regularly and nothing yet, as far as I've seen!

eyesradar

Took an look at my previous Amazon e3 orders. Found out that my KH3 order from e3 2015 now has grandfathered the -30%off on top of the new $49.99 price. While the e3 2016 orders of GoW and GT Sport only reflected today's price changes, both at $49.99 as well. None of them got Prime discounts tho. But at $50 a pop I am super happy already anyways. I guess I'll deal with this mess later, poor CSRs are prolly getting hammered hard at the moment lol.

Maximus.

walmart still has a bunch of games at $50 that aren't there at amazon, any reason why i shouldn't order from there?

No? In fact if you don't want a game, it is easier to return at Walmart than Amazon. Amazon has price protection, but the chances of any of these preorders going any lower is slim. I guess Amazon has better online support?

Lexxism

walmart still has a bunch of games at $50 that aren't there at amazon, any reason why i shouldn't order from there?
There? Walmart? You can't cancel a pre-order 2 hours after you order. So, you are stuck with the order unlike Amazon where you could cancel it anytime. I guess that's the only con I see between the two. At least to me.

Edit: it seems like you can. Just need to call.

Kud Dukan

So do we think Amazon is going to restock a lot of the games that are currently unavailable, or should I just go ahead and order from Walmart?

MercuryLS3

There? Walmart? You can't cancel a pre-order 2 hours after you order. So, you are stuck with the order unlike Amazon where you could cancel it anytime. I guess that's the only con I see between the two. At least to me.

Edit: it seems like you can. Just need to call.

ok cool.

So far i have the following pre-ordered:

FarCry 5
Crash
COD WW2
Spider-Man
Death Stranding
God of War
RDR2

Are there any other PS4 games I'm missing? Detroit is sold out on walmart and amazon and no interest in days gone.

Lexxism

ok cool.

So far i have the following pre-ordered:

FarCry 5
Crash
COD WW2
Spider-Man
Death Stranding
God of War
RDR2

Are there any other PS4 games I'm missing? Detroit is sold out on walmart and amazon and no interest in days gone.
Destiny 2? KH3? Gran Turismo?

MercuryLS3

Already had

Death Stranding
Spider-Man
God of War
Kingdom Hearts III

Preordered from previous e3. I think I had KH3 Preordered like 5 e3s ago?

Just Preordered CoD, Red Dead, Uncharted and battlefront. Holy shit.

Just need Last of Us 2 to get on there and maybe Mario and Splatoon

Says unable to add to cart

Uncharted is full price at $50 no? Last of Us 2 needs to be on there for sure, hope that they add in over the next week.

MercuryLS3

Destiny 2? KH3? Gran Turismo?

Pass on those, not really my kind of games. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm racking my brain trying to think of any more games to pre-order. I want Detroit but that's sold out and I would love it it Uncharted Lost Legacy went down to $30 like crash.

Im unsure about Shadow of War. I enjoyed the first game and this looks more of the same but I think I only have room for one more Ubisoft open world like game this year and im saving that for AC: Origins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom