• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
45nQ7RW.png
got mario odyssey and splatoon 2 preordered at walmart

Ventara

Ah, screw it. Went ahead and ordered Mario Odyssey for pickup at my local post office. Not gonna risk missing out on this while I wait for Splatoon 2.

Stat!

Im holding out hope that Amazon price matches Walmart for Nintendo stuff

so amazon offers nothing extra for prime sub?

Im hoping they do. I dont think they've really released their final E3 deals as the 20% is just a "normal deal" for Prime members

BadWolf

PS+ membership is $50 for 12 months and $30 for 3 months on PSN, as in where it should be.
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/become-a-member/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PSPLUSMEMBER

Man, screw PS+ unless they introduce a new cheaper tier for online play only. I can't justify paying for it anymore with the games they offer now (which are garbage compared to pre-PS4 days).

The only reason I activated my last stashed year was because of KoF but now I'll just get my fighters on PC moving forward after my current sub runs out.

Nicodemic

Hey! Here's my amazon E3 haul for now:

- Star Wars Battlefront 2
- Call of Duty: WWII
- Kingdom Hearts III
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
- Gran Turismo Sport
- Days Gone
- Spider-Man
- God of War
- Destiny 2 - PC
- Detroit: Become Human
- Death Stranding
- Red Dead Redemption 2

Did I miss anything? Input is appreciated. I'm not a hoarder by the way. ;-)

I'm on a wait and see approach for Switch games hoping they'll price match.

And finally, concerning the french version of Destiny 2, I have serious doubts this version is bilingual. They are not proposing 2 versions in Canada for nothing. If you look at some stores with already released games, you will find many french only versions for sale. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare would be a good example.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-ps4-french/6000196100835

And it's from the same company to boot. Anyway, just my 2 cents. Enjoy E3!

jayu26

Is there a limit on how much it can stack? Like could I do 5 years, or is there a cap?

I don't think there is any cap.

Mine is good until June 2020 right now, but have a feeling the $50 is as good as it's going to get in the foreseeable future.

2020? Man, you went in hard.

Edit: just realized 2020 is less than three years away. Man, time flies.

JDH

Not sure if there is a cap, but yeah, 5 years is fine. Some people were stacking up more back when it was $30 a few years back.

Mine is good until June 2020 right now, but have a feeling the $50 is as good as it's going to get in the foreseeable future.

Ventara

Yeah, sadly, it most likely is. I might have to pick up a few for myself since I think mine is expiring next year.

If I had a Switch I'd jump on those prices, damn.

We're not expecting them to go that low again, are we?

Splatoon WiiU is still commanding a high price, Mario 3D World only dropped to $30 after being added to the Selects collection. If you're remotely interested in a Switch and like these games, might as well buy them now.

killroy87

Man, screw PS+ unless they introduce a new cheaper tier for online play only. I can't justify paying for it anymore with the games they offer now (which are garbage compared to pre-PS4 days).

The only reason I activated my last stashed year was because of KoF but now I'll just get my fighters on PC moving forward after my current sub runs out.

*Thinks back to the days where online services literally only paid for online play*

Man, we sure have become an entitled bunch. Our free games aren't good enough free games!

BadWolf

*Thinks back to the days where online services literally only paid for online play*

Man, we sure have become an entitled bunch. Our free games aren't good enough free games!

Except we didn't have to pay at all for online play on PS3.

And those aren't free games.

imBask

Banned

well I mean... the PS5 will probably be out by then and who knows what PSN will look like at that point

I just checked and I'm good till November 2018. Plenty to time to see if PSN improves, if Scorpio delivers, what Sony does, etc.

killroy87

Except we didn't have to pay at all for online play on PS3.

And those aren't free games.

It's just hilarious that we live in an age where PS Plus is considered a bad value. It's incredible.

I maintain the gamers are the most entitled fandom on the planet.

kevin1025

Banned
I'm convinced Amazon waits as long as possible to initiate their price matching in the hopes that the other site goes out of stock.

It's just hilarious that we live in an age where PS Plus is considered a bad value. It's incredible.

Yeah. Totally crazy. How much value do people really need. There's EASILY 6 good games a year. EASY. We're paying for the online service. The games are just a bonus.

jayu26

That Mario deal is so good (considering Nintendo and their price drops) that it made me break my no pre-order policy I had adopted since Mass Effect 3. $100 for a game! Get the fuck out of here Nintendo.

BadWolf

What's hilarious is the defense force.

If it's worth it for you then great. It is absolutely not anymore for me.

True Fire

If the Walmart sale is a week long there will be plenty of opportunity for Amazon to price match Mario and Splatoon. And maybe ARMS, but it's coming out next week so maybe not

Are we expecting Walmart/Amazon to sell Splatoon 2 at $49.99 again anytime soon? What other PS4/Switch games should I be aware of with these deals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom