• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
Are we expecting Walmart/Amazon to sell Splatoon 2 at $49.99 again anytime soon? What other PS4/Switch games should I be aware of with these deals?

Amazon has yet to budge on the Switch games, even though Mario is still in stock at Wal-Mart.

But yeah, I'm sure Splatoon and potentially Arms will restock once Wal-Mart can figure out some more numbers and such. I imagine these prices will last till Thursday! It's just, will Amazon budge while they're in stock or just hold out?

DenisQc

YtQUjL9.png

exactly the same thing here haha

jayu26

You'll have to buy something else as well 2x$49.99 isn't $100.

I think in the past they always rounded it, So $49.99 was counted as $50.

Does anyone know how long this is on sale for? I assume it insta-activates but don't really want PS+ until Destiny 2 comes out. Hoping that another retailer prices matches with digital codes or physical cards that I can activate when I want..
It is only offered this week.

Amazon has yet to budge on the Switch games, even though Mario is still in stock at Wal-Mart.

But yeah, I'm sure Splatoon and potentially Arms will restock once Wal-Mart can figure out some more numbers and such. I imagine these prices will last till Thursday! It's just, will Amazon budge while they're in stock or just hold out?

I may just jump on Splatoon 2 then... We're not expecting it to go lower at any point, are we? (I don't even have a Switch yet.)

Will I need to reach $100 for free shipping on Walmart? I'll probably hold out for Amazon in that case...

NYR

Ugh, Got Mario in my Wal-Mat cart but want to go through Amazon.

I think I'm going to risk it one more day to see if they match.

Ugh, Got Mario in my Wal-Mat cart but want to go through Amazon.

I think I'm going to risk it one more day to see if they match.

Yeah, if Amazon don't match by the next time Mario and Spla2n are in stock, I'm going to bite the bullet and just go through with Walmart.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Yeah, if Amazon don't match by the next time Mario and Spla2n are in stock, I'm going to bite the bullet and just go through with Walmart.

Why are you so against Walmart?

If you want those games for sure just order from them.

Its not like Amazons offering their own deals or any kind of initiative for that matter. Prime is worthless too.

SickBoy

Yeah, it was mentioned in the previous page, but if people want to order a single game from Walmart and not pay shipping, the best option is to have select the post office pickup option, which is free (at least at $49.96 before tax). I'm sure it's easy to find a filler item, but it's probably also a bit less hassle to cancel if it's just the single item.

(EDIT: ha ha, beaten, that's what I get for rambling about the stuff below)

BTW, I totally understand the push for a separate thread, but I agree E3 really is the substance of all the discussion at the moment and it's very on topic... just when you've got pages of people saying "hey, look at these games I ordered" you sometimes need to dig around a bit for the valuable information. (But who's to say a separate thread wouldn't have the exact same issue).

Speaking of which, hey look at these games I ordered: Still hoping Amazon matches Walmart on Mario Odyssey, but I bit the bullet and ordered it from WM. Also got a couple I don't know that I actually want (Days Gone, God of War) along with Red Dead via Amazon. After that, the stuff I actually wanted that we knew about from previous E3s, I had ordered during previous E3s.

Its not like Amazons offering their own deals or any kind of initiative for that matter. Prime is worthless too.

Eh, nothing against them, just I already had preorders in so it'd be less of a hassle if they get updated automatically rather than having to cancel and reorder. No big deal, just saves me a few minutes or having to worry if they go out of stock while I'm ordering or something. At the end of the day it doesn't matter that much. Game's a game and a price is a price.

NYR

Guaranteed release day delivery and I pay for Prime so I get games a day earlier sometimes.

Further, fuck Wal-Mart, for the many reasons that make it an anti-competitive, anti-union, anti-employee company, not to mention one of their murderer owners who literally got away with homicide.

Elitist1945

Can anybody possibly help here? I've been trying to buy this S8+ which comes to $1240 after tax. I have more than enough money. I've tried to both buy in store and on Amazon, all times my bank declines. I went in to raise my daily limit since I thought that was the problem, but I learned my limit has already been $2500. The bank has no idea whats wrong.

Anyone else had a similar issue?

Vinc

Got Mario, Splatoon, and Shadow of War at Walmart! What's their shipping like? Reliably day one? I mostly just care to play Mario on day one, and I'm having it shipped to a post office directly.

Cactus

Banned
I'm against the separate thread idea. The point of this thread is to post gaming deals, and that's what E3 Deals are.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Guaranteed release day delivery and I pay for Prime so I get games a day earlier sometimes.

Further, fuck Wal-Mart, for the many reasons that make it an anti-competitive, anti-employee company, not to mention one of their murderer owners who literally got away with homicide.

Walmart gets games to me on release day too.

If that other stuffs stopping you from getting $50 games then more power to ya.

i-Jest

Can anybody possibly help here? I've been trying to buy this S8+ which comes to $1240 after tax. I have more than enough money. I've tried to both buy in store and on Amazon, all times my bank declines. I went in to raise my daily limit since I thought that was the problem, but I learned my limit has already been $2500. The bank has no idea whats wrong.

Anyone else had a similar issue?

Have you tried placing the order through phone? Did you call your credit card company, asking why your card couldn't be charged?

Ventara

I think we should each have our own thread. Whoever has the most posts in theirs by the end of the month gets to be leeman's friend and have 6-hour early access to his deal posting.

Just want to weigh in and say I don't want another thread. Right here is just fine. I mean you guys didn't make a Nintendo Switch delivery thread either!

I might bight on The Last Guardian for 32.99 right now on PSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom