• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanBankz

Neo Member
Forget Walmart/Amazon/Best Buy, EB won E3.

c7POevFm.png

*cancels all pre-existing pre orders*

Ventara

Guys, is there some site or android app that keeps track of games you've preordered and their release dates, and notifies you 2 weeks in advance that it's releasing? Would really love one right now.

Super tempting, but I still have a massive backlog I need to get through. :(

Have to post everytime I see Nioh. My biggest surprise of this gen. Favourite game of this gen. Absolutley love it. It's challenging but way more accessible than Bloodborne at the beginning.

N° 2048

Pretty much got all I need except the new announcements, still not touching Wal Mart for pre orders.

And no new thread!

Xbudz

Does Nioh have difficulty settings?
I am interested in the game but I worry it might be too hard for me, lol.

a916

This is gaming deals, but how often do blu ray sales happen? Seems like Disney NEVER does sales. The only way to get in on their movies is the movie club.

Gxgear

Can anybody possibly help here? I've been trying to buy this S8+ which comes to $1240 after tax. I have more than enough money. I've tried to both buy in store and on Amazon, all times my bank declines. I went in to raise my daily limit since I thought that was the problem, but I learned my limit has already been $2500. The bank has no idea whats wrong.

Anyone else had a similar issue?

Call your cc company. They most likely stopped the transaction because of the amount. Had that happen to me when ordering a couch online.

DVCY201

Grabbing Nioh. 50% off, niche title, hasn't had any other price drops, makes me think the next time it's on sale it'll be the same or just get rare

Vinc

Grabbing Nioh. 50% off, niche title, hasn't had any other price drops, makes me think the next time it's on sale it'll be the same or just get rare

Yeah I did too for the same reason. I hope Yakuza 0 is next! Not holding my breath though...

antibolo

Banned
We all know this thread is for ranting about shipping and not for actual deals discussion.

But seriously no, let's not make a separate E3 thread. Not sure why this was even suggested?

I don't think that's gonna happen. Its already passed 1m sales and Sony is publishing the game, they are almost always good about keeping their games in stock for a long time.

UberTag

Man, I got all excited when I saw this thread had jumped 300 posts and all I missed were some Walmart restocks and a bunch of folks musing over having a different thread to post in.

What a letdown!

krae_man

Man, I got all excited when I saw this thread had jumped 300 posts and all I missed were some Walmart restocks and a bunch of folks musing over having a different thread to post in.

What a letdown!

You're going to have to wait until some new games get announced at this point no?

What a letdown!

I mean, some people really wanted those restocks. Can you blame them?

It's E3, the one time of the year when we actually get genuine deals*. Things are gonna move a little fast in the thread. It happens.

*quality of deals not guaranteed by this statement, offer void where prohibited, ask your doctor for details

SickBoy

Man, I feel bad about commenting on the notion of a new thread. I had been reading the earlier posts that suggested one and didn't think it was necessary, so I posted my late two cents and now.... :O

We need some more deals, STAT! (Also, a big list would be a great idea if actually has the time for that)

Does anyone think any of the yet-to-be-announced stuff will get discounted to $50 at Walmart? I'm pretty satisfied with what I've got in hand, but I assume that being a place to show new games, there will be new games shown at E3 that I will want.

Stat!

Has anyone tried calling Amazon about the price matching of Nintendo stuff? Has there been an official statement?

SickBoy

I'm wondering whether the $99 price on Mario is Nintendo or Best Buy/Amazon providing high-balled placeholders. Either way, I guess if either side of that equation thinks $100 is genuinely a possibility (please no), the notion of matching other retailers at $50 probably isn't something they're too interested in.

What a letdown!

It's been a good morning, tho yeah the last page or two is off a bit. Go back a few more pages, it's better.

We had Amazon up early with $49 Spidey/Days/Kojima/detroit, then WM switch restocks of Mario and Splatoon, help with getting over $50 threshold, $49 PS Plus, reminder of $15 back from $100 on PSN, TLG sale at $32.99 PSN, GT Sport $49 and $59, Costco PSN code.

Ventara

Does anyone think any of the yet-to-be-announced stuff will get discounted to $50 at Walmart? I'm pretty satisfied with what I've got in hand, but I assume that being a place to show new games, there will be new games shown at E3 that I will want.

Only if Walmart has them for $50. Right now, Amazon's E3 seems to consist of just Prime's 20% discount and matching other retailers.

edit: Misread, I'm an idiot

hiim_haz

Banned
What is up with the pre-order listings from Best Buy and Amazon for Super Mario Odyssey? It's listed as $99.99? Also lol @ $199.99 for NBA 2K18's Legend Edition.

NYR

What is up with the pre-order listings from Best Buy and Amazon for Super Mario Odyssey? It's listed as $99.99? Also lol @ $199.99 for NBA 2K18's Legend Edition.

Just pure speculation, but they may be trying to procure more units of the game so they can match Wal-Mart's price of $50, I assume they are only offering that price because of a bulk discount.

nordique

Canada-GAF, this might be a bit OT for gaming but I'm sure there are some people here who know their monitors very well!

I have been looking for an LG 27UD88-W, looks to be the ideal monitor for my laptop (Macbook, 2016)

That said, this monitor is impossible to find in Canada!

I can only see the LG 27UD68 version, which doesn't have the USB C/3.0 dock that would be ideal for me.

Anyone have any ideas where I can pick this guy up from? Or a comparable monitor with USB C/3.0 hub that also charges the computer?

Thank you :)

hiim_haz

Banned
Just pure speculation, but they may be trying to procure more units of the game so they can match Wal-Mart's price of $50, I assume they are only offering that price because of a bulk discount.

Yeah, I have no idea. I just tweeted both Amazon Canada and Best Buy Canada, not expecting much of an answer though.

It sucks because I saw it months ago priced at $79.99 on Amazon but didn't bother to pre-order since I didn't have Prime yet.

True Fire

Resident Evil VII was discounted by Walmart last year. I assume there will be at least a few new games that receive the same treatment!

But the real fun will be Amazon price errors and double discount hunting. I imagine we'll be F5ing this thread well into the night after Sony's E3 conference.

teeg

Guys, is there some site or android app that keeps track of games you've preordered and their release dates, and notifies you 2 weeks in advance that it's releasing? Would really love one right now.

I'm sure Google Calendar would work out nicely for you.

think nintendo might just be covering for a potential collapse of the dollar, pokken dx is also $99 on amazon, if the prices dont drop by pokken release, and then who knows what nintendo is doing

Possibly. Sometimes it's like:
-supplier offers x fixed quantities at a discount to retailer
-retailer then commits to special flyer/shelf space for said product, may also ask for exclusivity on price/features
-supplier generates product buzz, retailer generates traffic and gathers new customer info

Profit

What a letdown!

We got brand new games for 49.95 if that's not huge than I don't know what is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom