• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Chungus

will amazon email destiny 2 keys? when i finished the transaction it said something about keys being delivered via some company, s2go or something like that

Xbudz

Does Walmart do release day delivery?

Not getting Mario Odyssey on launch day would hurt.

Although I guess I could buy it at full price and return it unopened when the Walmart order arrives.

Haines

Banned
Does Walmart do release day delivery?

Not getting Mario Odyssey on launch day would hurt.

Although I guess I could buy it at full price and return it unopened when the Walmart order arrives.

Thats what i do.

I ordered mario and splatoon. Tired of waiting for amazon.

Thanks for the heads up on restock

Ventara

Just placed 3 orders at BB totaling a little over 1K. would've placed another order if they did Vita games. Will probably return/cancel a few, or have it all canceled.

Ventara

Huh, Amazon is offering me the free Prime 30 day trial, despite me using it earlier this year. I thought the free trial was just once a year?

Do you plan to get one? If so...don't pass this up.

Well my plan to get one weighs heavily on Nintendo releasing games that I'd want to play on the Switch. All of these Wii U re-releases do nothing for me since I own a Wii U with most of those titles. So far Mario is one of the few titles I actually want.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Do you guys think I should make separate orders for Amazon? Or will that not matter for shipping speed and whatnot?

Only with the Switch have I ever had Amazon use the excuse that they were going to delay shipment so they could ship everything together. Otherwise I've had orders of 15+ games together and never had issues with shipments.

carlo6529

PLESAE AMAZON match mario and splatoon, don't make me order from wal-mart. i will never forgiv

that seems oddly arbitrary, lol. thanks

Amazon.ca doesn't match. I just had a live chat with them. I ended up cancelling my order, and they added 5 bucks to my account for the hassle.

Do you guys think I should make separate orders for Amazon? Or will that not matter for shipping speed and whatnot?

I've twice had a game in a large order get "stuck" and not ship out. CSR had to manually change it. Easy fix but annoying.

Now I'm making multiple small orders just to be safe.

Ventara

Only with the Switch have I ever had Amazon use the excuse that they were going to delay shipment so they could ship everything together. Otherwise I've had orders of 15+ games together and never had issues with shipments.

Yeah, just went ahead and placed my order in a group. Think I recall someone here saying Amazon held one of their orders to ship with something else despite the 2 games being separate orders anyways, lol.

Maybe that's their e3 push? Prime for all.

Maybe. Good news for me, though. Would've been left high and dry for Vita and some other niche games otherwise.

They will drop the price on the site but not price match your order.

This is looking more like a WM exclusive deal for Switch games. Nintendo and WM have long had a good relationship, see N3DS $139 deal, lots of Switch stock, constant replenish of accessories etc.

Qwyjibo

Best Buy's 20% off is good for us non-Prime people. I just ordered Yakuza Kiwami, FF Zodiac Age, and Uncharted Lost Legacy from them. And also Nioh for $39.

Oh god. So many games ordered. Orders split between Amazon, Walmart, and now Best Buy. Why do we do this?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom