• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Guys, I think the timing of when you reach the checkout page matters. You have to reach the last page on an odd second.
I thought it had to be with the seconds ending with 6 so you get the max fireworks.

o0Hlc9i.gif

Ondore

Another game I'm checking for success on: RPG Maker FES. (Got ARMS/Splatoon 2/XC2/FE Warriors/Fate Extella Switch/Culdcept, just going through my preorders now)

Cru Jones

Games at list prices other than 79.99 ish were not thought possible until that screenshot up there. I don't think many people have been trying tbh

Why? Destiny was $79.89 and worked (with the two 20% discounts being applied correctly). My assumption is it will work on anything that has the prime discount turned on and shows the 20% E3 discount when you add it to the cart. I know Cave Story+ has the prime discount because I had it previously ordered with it.

I hope to god they actually honour this. I'm preordering shit I never would have preordered otherwise. Lord help me.

How many times do you retry before it works?

Really variable. I did South Park and FE Warriors just now and it took me maybe 4 tries. Other games have taken one or two dozen at least. But it works.

Anyone get Dissida to work? lol

Dissidia sadly won't work because they haven't activated its Prime discount yet.

N° 2048

Can't get it to work anymore but got everything I want except Ace Combat 7 and Digimon.

Time for bed!

Much love everyone.

evanmisha

Why? Destiny was $79.89 and worked (with the two 20% discounts being applied correctly). My assumption is it will work on anything that has the prime discount turned on and shows the 20% E3 discount when you add it to the cart. I know Cave Story+ has the prime discount because I had it previously ordered with it.

Many people have been trying and aside from that one screenshotted instance above, the only prices I've seen work are 79.99, 79.96 (MvC Infinite), and I guess 79.89. That's a pretty clear pattern, but I'd love to be wrong. Been trying Ultra Sun for forever and still nothing, meanwhile popped like 12 other games

NYR

If their promo does turn out just to be a straight 20% off once the announcements start rolling that will be disappointing.
What difference does it make if the following year Walmart does the $50 thing again and all these 2018/19 games you'll pre-order this year are discounted next year? I wouldn't gauge it until you see a final price. All those games pre ordered last year and Amazon lowered the price to $50 this year.

Nicodemic

Glitch is working with the mobile app by the way if anyone was wondering.

And I was just hitting "Proceed to Checkout" and if it wasn't working, I was hitting the "Go Back" button on my phone. Got all the games I wanted. No changing quantities or anything.

N° 2048

ROFL so I went ahead an ordered Ace Combat 7 before bed with just the E3 %20 off because I gave up on glitch and I checked my invoice:

Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 79.99
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Prime Savings: -CDN$ 16.00
E3 20% Off: -CDN$ 16.00

Total before tax: CDN$ 47.99
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 6.24
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 0.00
Grand Total: CDN$ 54.23

What a night.

So even if it just shows E3 discount you might get a Prime discount.
It's like Amazon RNG.

What difference does it make if the following year Walmart does the $50 thing again and all these 2018/19 games you'll pre-order this year are discounted next year?
Pretty much. At this point, something like this that doesn't cost me up front doesn't matter to how I order.

My Last Guardian was in the Best Buy queue for 4 years, Zelda Wii U was in the queue for 3 years. Sea of Thieves I had from E3 2015 on Amazon still, along with FF& at the time.

Cru Jones

Many people have been trying and aside from that one screenshotted instance above, the only prices I've seen work are 79.99, 79.96 (MvC Infinite), and I guess 79.89. That's a pretty clear pattern, but I'd love to be wrong. Been trying Ultra Sun for forever and still nothing, meanwhile popped like 12 other games

Ultra Sun/Moon didn't have the prime discount turned on yet (at least it wasn't as of yesterday).

What difference does it make if the following year Walmart does the $50 thing again and all these 2018/19 games you'll pre-order this year are discounted next year? I wouldn't gauge it until you see a final price. All those games pre ordered last year and Amazon lowered the price to $50 this year.

This is a fair point and I will definitely still partake at the 20% it just will only help games for us that wont be released until the following June. It also puts alot of faith in Walmart but I understand your point.

Xbudz

We'll know by Friday if they are honoring the price for people who ordered ARMS.

I'll be sure to post my results one way or the other.

Ventara

Alright, think I've played this clicker game enough for tonight. Will check in later to see if anyone has unlocked Vita/3DS rounds proper.

killroy87

Woah, I just got out of a movie and everything's gone crazy haha. Is all this just because of another way to get $50 games? Or is it a better deal than that?

For all the people saying to delete the game from your cart: don't do that. It's way slower. Just switch the quantity between 1 and 2 over and over until the extra discount applies.

I think I'm going to call it a night. I managed to get the discount on three games so far, so I'm going to count my blessings. Hopefully people can get it to work with the proper double discount on the sub $79.99 games (I'm looking at you Valkyria Revolution).

farisr

Woah, I just got out of a movie and everything's gone crazy haha. Is all this just because of another way to get $50 games? Or is it a better deal than that?
Another way to get basically $50 games. Stuff that walmart hasn't discounted but is at 79.99 right now, can be gotten for $48+tax if you have prime.

Got:
Culdcept LE
Danganronpa 3
FF7 (I have a old 30% off, I'll keep my old one in case they cancel these orders)
Ni No Kuni 2
Ys 8
FE Warriors
Xenoblade 2
Arms

I think that's everything I need that wasn't apart of the $50 pre-orders from before.

Kyolux

For all the people saying to delete the game from your cart: don't do that. It's way slower. Just switch the quantity between 1 and 2 over and over until the extra discount applies.

Yes, and it's safe to switch to 1 if it shows up on 2. It's gonna stay there.

I think I pre-ordered about 10 games now.

I'm off to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom