• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

evanmisha

This is what I see at checkout:

But this is the email that I get once I confirm it:

You're doing it wrong.

ONCE MORE FOR THE NEW PAGE

Apparently the fastest way to do it is to use the app, head to checkout, and if both deals aren't there, hit back then go back into checkout
This is what I wrote before the app caught on:

So, now that I'm done, for people joining in late: Games that are marked for the E3 discount, marked for Prime discount (you can see both of these on the item page), and are listed at 79.99 (that last part is just my conjecture, but I was never able to pop the double deal on items under or above 79.99 list price) are currently able to have both the 20% Prime and 20% E3 discount stack.

What I did was add one such item to my cart, then head to checkout. If the deals were both there, I processed the order. If the deals weren't both there, I deleted the item from my cart there at the checkout screen, then when it boots me back to the empty cart, the item in question is at the top of my 'Saved for Later' list automatically, so from there I clicked 'move to cart', then headed to checkout. Rinse and repeat until you get results. Some people were changing the quantity of the item in the cart which refreshed the checkout results faster than removing the item and re-adding it, but I didn't personally want to get stuck with an order for 2 things and have it get cancelled like people who, earlier this year, had multiple price error'd Final Fantasy 12 steelbooks and had their orders cancelled outright. Likewise, early on, some people were simply refreshing the checkout page, which is very fast and can result in you seeing the double discount, but orders processed this way did not actually carry the double discount from the checkout screen.
It has since been confirmed that it works for games with a list price of 79.XX so Marvel vs Capcom Infinite and Destiny 2 which are like 79.83 and 79.96 or whatever both also work

But other list prices do not, sadly

Mario Odyssey and Pokken both do not work because of their inexplicably high placeholder list price on Amazon

chrono01

Yeah, it's weird because there were some games that had the E3 discount thing but not the Prime discount thing that worked, but some that don't.

I guess you just have to remember which ones had Prime discount applied to them before the sale started which makes it a bit harder, but oh well. lol
This doesn't work, unfortunately.

Both Tokyo Xanadu eX Plus (Standard and Limited) had Prime savings before the E3 discount, however it's applicable to none of them right now. :(

Sora_N

I don't understand. Most games show the discount, but none of the nintendo games do, neither does Battlefront II.

You did it wrong then, I just ordered ARMS and it worked (3 reloads).

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 79.99
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Prime Savings: -CDN$ 16.00
E3 20% Off: -CDN$ 16.00
Total before tax: CDN$ 47.99
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 2.40
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 3.36
Grand Total: CDN$ 53.75

kevin1025

Banned
I don't understand. Most games show the discount, but none of the nintendo games do, neither does Battlefront II.

evanmisha's post sums it up best. Also, Battlefront II is already $49.96, and so the discount does not work on it.

You're doing it wrong.

Apparently the fastest way to do it is to use the app, head to checkout, and if both deals aren't there, hit back then go back into checkout

So, now that I'm done, for people joining in late: Games that are marked for the E3 discount, marked for Prime discount (you can see both of these on the item page), and are listed at 79.99 (that last part is just my conjecture, but I was never able to pop the double deal on items under or above 79.99 list price) are currently able to have both the 20% Prime and 20% E3 discount stack.

What I did was add one such item to my cart, then head to checkout. If the deals were both there, I processed the order. If the deals weren't both there, I deleted the item from my cart there at the checkout screen, then when it boots me back to the empty cart, the item in question is at the top of my 'Saved for Later' list automatically, so from there I clicked 'move to cart', then headed to checkout. Rinse and repeat until you get results. Some people were changing the quantity of the item in the cart which refreshed the checkout results faster than removing the item and re-adding it, but I didn't personally want to get stuck with an order for 2 things and have it get cancelled like people who, earlier this year, had multiple price error'd Final Fantasy 12 steelbooks and had their orders cancelled outright. Likewise, early on, some people were simply refreshing the checkout page, which is very fast and can result in you seeing the double discount, but orders processed this way did not actually carry the double discount from the checkout screen.
It has since been confirmed that it works for games with a list price of 79.XX so Marvel vs Capcom Infinite and Destiny 2 which are like 79.83 and 79.96 or whatever both also work

Mario Odyssey and Pokken both do not work because of their inexplicably high placeholder list price on Amazon

Can anyone catch me up on what deals there are for PS4/Switch and where?

Personally interested more in Splatoon 2 and PS4 games. Any of them reach the deals we saw earlier from Walmart?

Sora_N

I'm so tired...this is the damage.

Splatoon and Mario from WM

Amazon stuff

Switch:
Fate
ARMS (probably cancelling but not sure yet)
FE Warriors
Xenoblade 2

PS4:
Destiny 2
Gundam
Warriors All Stars
FF7 (reorder since it's a little cheaper than my 2015 order)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I think it's safe to say it only works for ~$80 games? Has anyone gotten it to work for games like Pokemon? For most of them I see no stack or no discount at all.

Anyone get Dissidia to discount yet?

Did it have the prime discount before? I couldn't get it to stack but the order I made before getting an E3 discount didn't have any prime savings.

Seik

Banned
No game priced anything but 79.xx has worked for me

Ah, makes sense, same here.

Welp I'll just re-order...that's a shame because I cancelled my previous order out of excitement, don't get me wrong, I will pay the same for Rime/CS+, but that order had Mario Oddysey when it was 79.99$+Prime Discount...now it's 100$ like Pokkén for some reason. :(

Yeah, to summarize:

1 - In order for the stack to work, you cannot refresh the checkout page, as that will not actually give you the stacked price on your invoice. You must either
a) Go to checkout, check the price. Delete from cart and re-add until the checkout page where you can place your order displays the 54.23 price.
b) Go to the checkout page, go to the order quantity, set it to 2, hit "Update", then set it back to 1 and repeat until the new price is displayed. IF you see the price $108 while the quantity is set to 2, it is safe to set the quantity to 1. It will give you the stacked 54 price.

2 - Games that do not have their prime discount applied (e.g. Dissidia Final Fantasy NT, Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash) are not eligible.

3 - The only eligible games are the ones listed for 79.99. Games like Super Mario Odyssey (99.99), the $50 price-matched Walmart games (e.g. Death Stranding, Spiderman, Battlefront II), or 3DS games (49.99) will not work. However, in the case of a game like Culdcept Revolt which has a 79.99 Limited Edition, the 79.99 SKU IS eligible while the cheaper base game isn't.

Jsheldon

I got:
Culdcept Revolt (Limited Edition)
Ys VIII (PS4)
Ni no Kuni 2
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Fire Emblem Warriors
Fate/Extalla
Xenoblade 2
Splatoon 2
ARMS

All for 54.23 each after Ontario tax. Good luck, GAF!

Used your trick to snag arms (gor mario from Wal-Mart) and for $54 all in I couldn't resist. Much thanks for sharing.

kevin1025

Banned
We're all flying too close to the sun.

That's my concern. Didn't someone in here have this happen, where they had double discounts and then were charged only one discount at shipping? I remember there was talk of screenshots and such to help their case.

chrono01

3 - The only eligible games are the ones listed for 79.99. Games like Super Mario Odyssey (99.99) or 3DS games (49.99) will not work. However, in the case of a game like Culdcept Revolt which has a 79.99 Limited Edition, the 79.99 SKU IS eligible while the cheaper base game isn't.
I just wanted to add that I got the double discount to apply to Mary Skelter: Nightmares ($54.99-priced title), but oddly enough the Prime discount only gave me $3 instead of the $11 I received via the E3 special.

So yeah, strange times.

That's my concern. Didn't someone in here have this happen, where they had double discounts and then were charged only one discount at shipping? I remember there was talk of screenshots and such to help their case.

Well. We should fine out soon enough with Arms.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just a list of stuff that worked for me for people:

Agents of Mayhem
Mary Skelter (only 3 dollars off though)
Middle Earth Shadow of War
Ace Combat 7
Tecmo Koei All-stars
Fate/Extella Switch
Culdcept Revolt Limited Edition
Ni no Kuni 2
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory
Ys VIII
Gundam Versus
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Fire Emblem Warriors
Xenoblade 2
Arms

Stage On

I managed to get a double prime discount when it glitched out while buying Story of seasons trio of towns which I blew my trial on.

kinger

Can anyone catch me up on what deals there are for PS4/Switch and where?

Personally interested more in Splatoon 2 and PS4 games. Any of them reach the deals we saw earlier from Walmart?
You're doing it wrong.

Changing the quantity repeatedly between 1 and 2 until it adds the second discount works.

Works on Splatoon 2, comes out to just under WM's discounted price.

Yay glitches!

Ordered:

Fate/Extella (switch)
Culdcept LE(3DS)
NinoKuni 2(PS4)
Xeno 2(switch)
Splatoon 2(switch)
Fire Emblem Warriors(switch)
Gundam Vs(PS4)
Marvel Vs Capcom(PS4)

Stage On

Since I still have my student e-mail is it cool to use that to get Student prime even if I've already graduated? I really want to grab Xenoblade 2 and Fire emblem warriors at the very least but am very Leary of paying $90 just to save an extra $36 vs going the best buy route

Since I still have my student e-mail is it cool to use that to get Student prime even if I've already graduated? I really want to grab Xenoblade 2 and Fire emblem warriors at the very least but am very Leary of paying $90 just to save $36

I think the email is all you need, so it should be fine.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
iVHfwLc.gif

Fularu

Banned
I think me an you are the only ones that still have their 12 orders, I somehow still have 2 orders but they'e at $31

I still have mine

Anyway my "haul" :

- Arms
- Splatoon 2
- Crackdown 3
- FIFA Switch
- Culdcept LE
- Xeno 2
- FE Warriors
- MvC infinite
- Ni No Kuni 2
- Ys VIII PS4 (wish it worked on Vita too)

kevin1025

Banned
Since I still have my student e-mail is it cool to use that to get Student prime even if I've already graduated? I really want to grab Xenoblade 2 and Fire emblem warriors at the very least but am very Leary of paying $90 just to save an extra $36 vs going the best buy route

Yep, I haven't been in university since 2008 and my student e-mail worked fine!

...oh god, I shouldn't have said that. Now I've realized how much dust I'm made out of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom