• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

Just got it to work on ARMS. This was at 12:52.

Edit: Got Splatoon 2 at 12:53. It is definitely working, have persistence!

Kyolux

Yep, I was wrong! I got it to work on Danganronpa V3 just now. I'm just being greedy at this point, haha.

I only have the first game (couldn't really get into it because saw the anime years before). How much would I need to know for V3 or is it standalone?

kevin1025

Banned
How is FF7 a full-priced game? Isn't it episodic?

Now that it was transferred to in-house at Square-Enix, it's super unclear what it is at this point. But the last I read, they're treating each piece of the original FF7 as a full-fledged, expanded game now. But now that they've essentially switched developers, I'm not sure if that is still the plan. Someone else may know more!

I only have the first game (couldn't really get into it because saw the anime years before). How much would I need to know for V3 or is it standalone?

I believe V3 is a whole new setting, so I think it may be standalone enough to jump in!

farisr

I'm not even going to attempt to update my spreadsheet and start cancelling some orders until E3 is over. It's gonna be a mess.
I had a good streak, but seems like NFS is the one that will stop me.
It's probably because the game listing doesn't have the prime discount yet.

chrono01

I got the discount to stack for Mary Skelter: Nightmares (Vita). For some reason though, Prime only took off $3.00 and not the $11.00 from the E3 discount. They're both supposed to be 20%, right?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So, now that I'm done, for people joining in late: Games that are marked for the E3 discount, marked for Prime discount (you can see both of these on the item page), and are listed at 79.99 (that last part is just my conjecture, but I was never able to pop the double deal on items under or above 79.99 list price) are currently able to have both the 20% Prime and 20% E3 discount stack.

What I did was add one such item to my cart, then head to checkout. If the deals were both there, I processed the order. If the deals weren't both there, I deleted the item from my cart there at the checkout screen, then when it boots me back to the empty cart, the item in question is at the top of my 'Saved for Later' list automatically, so from there I clicked 'move to cart', then headed to checkout. Rinse and repeat until you get results. Some people were changing the quantity of the item in the cart which refreshed the checkout results faster than removing the item and re-adding it, but I didn't personally want to get stuck with an order for 2 things and have it get cancelled like people who, earlier this year, had multiple price error'd Final Fantasy 12 steelbooks and had their orders cancelled outright. Likewise, early on, some people were simply refreshing the checkout page, which is very fast and can result in you seeing the double discount, but orders processed this way did not actually carry the double discount from the checkout screen.

I got:
Culdcept Revolt (Limited Edition)
Ys VIII (PS4)
Ni no Kuni 2
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Fire Emblem Warriors
Fate/Extalla
Xenoblade 2
Splatoon 2
ARMS

All for 54.23 each after Ontario tax. Good luck, GAF!
Isn't Fate a game that came out earlier in the year?

krae_man

There's nothing that I don't already have that this will work for and I don't really feel like signing up for prime and F5ing all night to save $2.

NYR

You're not sticking with it long enough. I wasn't exaggerating when I said it took almost 50 tries for it to work on Xenoblade 2 for me. Other games have taken 5-10 tries.
This. You have to keep trying and then the floodgates open.

1. Add a game to cart.

2. Proceed to checkout.

3. Discount not there? Change quantity and hit Delete.

4. Automatically goes back to page with "Save Later" items.

5. Re add to cart.

6. Proceed to Checkout.

7. Working? Check out. No? Repeat steps 3-6.

chrono01

Isn't Fate a game that came out earlier in the year?
It is, but the Switch version has a lot of the DLC (costumes mostly) as well as new features (portability, I originally purchased mine on the PS4).

I was going to pass, but for the double discounts, I'll double dip!

chrono01

Screenshot?
maryskelter.png

Davide

The Last Jedi character pack for Battlefront II should work for Amazon pre-orders right? It mentions it on Amazon US and Best Buy but on Amazon Canada it's only listed for the elite edition.

Sora_N

It is, but the Switch version has a lot of the DLC (costumes mostly) as well as new features (portability, I originally purchased mine on the PS4).

I was going to pass, but for the double discounts, I'll double dip!

Yeah I fucking bought it, I never finished the PSP game though. Love FSN anyways so yolo.

Also got FEW and XB2. Woot.

chrono01

Yeah I fucking bought it, I never finished the PSP game though. Love FSN anyways so yolo.

Also got FEW and XB2. Woot.
Same here! I'm already preparing myself for Fate G/O, keep bringing on the Fate greatness!

I pre-ordered FEW and XB2. Such a great day, and more to come? Maybe? Possibly?

chrono01

So it works but it's broken for games under 80 dollars? :(
Seems so, doesn't take off the 20% like it should. Hell, it's not even 10%.

We might be able to get that corrected post E3 though, as Prime states that it's 20% off all games, and this definitely isn't 20%.

evanmisha

Really wish Pokken was working. The E3 and Prime discounts show up on the item page, but the E3 discount, for whatever reason, does not apply. Bleh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom