• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to get Dissidia, but it hasn't been marked for prime discount eligibility yet. Looks like I got everything else I wanted.

Oh shit, THAT'D explain why it's not working no matter how much I try. Now I feel like a dingus!

Okay, so final hitlist for now...

Splatoon 2
FFVII Remake
Ni no Kuni II
Xenoblade 2

And the $50 pricematches from Walmart...

Kingdom Hearts III
Spider-Man
Death Stranding
Gran Turismo Sport

Yeah, that's a pretty damn good haul for me. I just need Mario Odyssey to drop to $50 and I'm golden. Maybe ARMS. God damn, $50 video games... Feels soooo good.

What are you guys doing and why?

Are you breaking Amazon again?

Sort of. I don't feel bad about this one compared to some other things people have done, because:

a) We're not wasting the time of the Amazon customer service reps

b) Prime members SHOULD save more than non-Prime members

c) They're selling tons of other games for $49.99. These ones we're getting for $47.99

The true work comes when we try and cheat the system on new game announcements. We will need a huge team effort on that one, haha.

lol BRING IT

Stat!

Both Destiny 2 and Shadow of War took a couple of dozen tries. But I got them both to work, so it's definitely possible! Keep trying!

I really hope this isn't an error and its fixed tomorrow.

Also, kinda odd that NHL 18 was announced and its not up on Amazon :(

Ventara

It'll be funny after all this effort if this is the deal Amazon does in the end, 20% off for everyone and 2x20% off for Prime.

That would be amazing, lol. Anyways, I've pretty much given up on trying anymore Vita games. Sadly, doesn't seem to work.

Managed to get Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and FF VII Remake with the double discount.

I signed off and then signed back in, maybe it will some of you guys :)

I am considering dropping my order of FF VII Remake (79.99 - 20%) from last E3...

Managed to get it for ARMS and Xenoblade 2 after a few tries. But Skyrim (Switch) doesn't seem to be working. Anybody else try with that one?

edit: nvm finally got it!

evanmisha

So, now that I'm done, for people joining in late: Games that are marked for the E3 discount, marked for Prime discount (you can see both of these on the item page), and are listed at 79.99 (that last part is just my conjecture, but I was never able to pop the double deal on items under or above 79.99 list price) are currently able to have both the 20% Prime and 20% E3 discount stack.

What I did was add one such item to my cart, then head to checkout. If the deals were both there, I processed the order. If the deals weren't both there, I deleted the item from my cart there at the checkout screen, then when it boots me back to the empty cart, the item in question is at the top of my 'Saved for Later' list automatically, so from there I clicked 'move to cart', then headed to checkout. Rinse and repeat until you get results. Some people were changing the quantity of the item in the cart which refreshed the checkout results faster than removing the item and re-adding it, but I didn't personally want to get stuck with an order for 2 things and have it get cancelled like people who, earlier this year, had multiple price error'd Final Fantasy 12 steelbooks and had their orders cancelled outright. Likewise, early on, some people were simply refreshing the checkout page, which is very fast and can result in you seeing the double discount, but orders processed this way did not actually carry the double discount from the checkout screen.

I got:
Culdcept Revolt (Limited Edition)
Ys VIII (PS4)
Ni no Kuni 2
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Fire Emblem Warriors
Fate/Extalla
Xenoblade 2
Splatoon 2
ARMS

All for 54.23 each after Ontario tax. Good luck, GAF!

cant you use the double stack on arms to get ir for 50$? Someone did it a few pages back

Oh I can, I was just on the fence as to if I wanted to get it or not (Ever Oasis, Tekken 7 competing for my cash this month...). But $50 is probably the best price there'll be for a while so I might cave.

farisr

Reminder of a potential other game you may want to preorder that has not been discounted yet:

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

Kyolux

So I got Destiny 2, FFVIIR, YsVIII, Shadow of War, Kingdom Come deliverance and gonna go for MvC Infinite. Not sure of anything else I'm missing.

chrono01

I got:
Culdcept Revolt (Limited Edition)
Ys VIII (PS4)
Ni no Kuni 2
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Fire Emblem Warriors
Fate/Extalla
Xenoblade 2
Splatoon 2
ARMS

Wow, out of this glitch, I have the exact same list. Like, everything is exactly the same, no more no less.

Lizardus

The first party Nintendo games are absolutely worth it at this price even if you're on the fence about them because they hold their price very well.

N° 2048

Still working, just did Kingdom Come Deliverance.

Did the quanitity 2 to 1 trick over until Prime showed on confirmation page. Game now shows "Grand Total: CDN$ 54.23" on invoice.

Vinc

E3 deals are exhausting, lol!

But this is fun. I'll keep the 49.99 games at walmart, but just made a few orders from Amazon because of the double discount. Destiny 2, Ni No Kuni, FF7, and Xenoblade 2! Also got Yakuza Kiwami for regular discount, because why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom