• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

evanmisha

I almost went to bed before news of this deal broke. I'm never around for this shit, and I missed ARMS and Splatoon 2 at Wal-Mart, so this is awesome. Cheers, GAF. May the deals be ever in our favour.

If anyone is going to Erin Mills tomorrow to sign up for some Mario Odyssey time, say hi.

Just got Ace Combat, time to call it a night. Got tons of games, even some repeats for friends and family without Prime who aren't home right now. Hope those extra copies don't get cancelled, for their sake.

NYR

For all the people saying to delete the game from your cart: don't do that. It's way slower. Just switch the quantity between 1 and 2 over and over until the extra discount applies.
Yep, you're right. This is quicker, just tested it. Thanks for the heads up.

I think I am done for the night. What a night!

$50.39 - ARMS
$50.39 - Splatoon 2
$50.39 - FF7
$50.39 - Lego Marvel 2

Let's hope they don't cancel these orders now, lol.

Really annoying Pokken is $100, already have the Wii U version so a double discount would have softened the double dip bullet.

Oh well I think I'm gonna call it, here's hoping our orders don't get canceled.

Yep, you're right. This is quicker, just tested it. Thanks for the heads up.

I think I am done for the night. What a night!

$50.39 - ARMS
$50.39 - Splatoon 2
$50.39 - FF7
$50.39 - Lego Marvel 2

Let's hope they don't cancel these orders now, lol.

$50.39? With the stacked discounts I'm seeing $54.23?

Stage On

Urg I don't have prime and already used my free trial for the year! Not sure I should jump on this or not given how risky it seems having to pay $90 upfront before you can get the extra discount that may or may not be canceled

Seik

Banned
So far I got:

ARMS
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Fire Emblem Warriors

All for 54$ total each, wow...trying Splatoon 2 atm and can't make it work!! D:

EDIT: GOT IT MWAHAHA! This is so awesome! :D

I tried with ARMS, during check out I managed to get it for $55, hit place order. But when I look at the orders page the Prime discount isn't applied. Only the E3 one.

Alberta tax.

Different tax (I'm guessing Alberta v Ontario). I'm looking at $55.19 because I'm in Nova Scotia.

dbWtV93.gif

This thread just keeps on giving.

Got this to work for:
FF7 Remake (Have a very old 30% off pre-order which I will keep until these new orders go through)
Xenoblade 2
Ni No Kuni 2
Ys VIII (Goodbye EB Games pre-order)

Haines

Banned
I'm not even going to bother doing the refresh trick.

If it works for you guys I'll have enough proof to argue with customer service after the fact worst case.

I see it either being applied to every order or no orders

I tried with ARMS, during check out I managed to get it for $55, hit place order. But when I look at the orders page the Prime discount isn't applied. Only the E3 one.

Are you refreshing the page? It does that if you refresh the page to trigger the price. If you delete and re-add the game, or change the quantity and put it back to 1, then it should still work.

Just need Walmart to re stock Mario and Wolfenstein to be announced/ stocked and I'll be done for the year. 50 dollar games all year! HUZZAH.

CanGAF - 1
Shitty Can $ - .74

NYR

Got it to work on Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade. Wasn't planning on getting ARMS at this point but this price might get me to jump in.
Same. Someone mentioned earlier that 1st party Nintendo games hold their value and that is true, so I'll trade it in to EB when they do another promo.

kevin1025

Banned
Same. Someone mentioned earlier that 1st party Nintendo games hold their value and that is true, so I'll trade it in to EB when they do another promo.

One of EB's promotions is to get $50 trade-in on Arms within two weeks of launch. So if you definitely don't like it, you're breaking even.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Go to the item page. You should see mention of the E3 deal and Prime discount. If you see one or the other, or neither, this won't work.
Yeah, it's weird because there were some games that had the E3 discount thing but not the Prime discount thing that worked, but some that don't.

I guess you just have to remember which ones had Prime discount applied to them before the sale started which makes it a bit harder, but oh well. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom