• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jashobeam

It'll be highly unlikely that this trick will still work during e3, but i'll bet most of the new game announcements won't even be released by the time next e3 comes around and hopefully walmart will save the day again next year lol.

What did the email say?

It's actually the most confusing email ever. It reads:

Items from your recent order # XXXXX have been cancelled.

Because this order has been cancelled, your credit card number ending in XXXX was never charged. Authorization holds placed on your credit card for these items will automatically expire in accordance with your card issuer's policy. Please contact them for more information.

But then under Cancelled product and Cancelled qty it's blank, as in nothing was cancelled?

What the hell Walmart...

Man, this has been a bad e3 for me so far. I've missed out on pretty much every single deal/glitch that's happened so far. lol

I even tried adding Ys to the cart to get that discount... it had the prime and e3 discounts listed.. and it didn't work. I went back to the store listing, and it looks like they had JUST fixed it because the prime discount was removed from the page. d'oh!

chrono01

Man, this has been a bad e3 for me so far. I've missed out on pretty much every single deal/glitch that's happened so far. lol

I even tried adding Ys to the cart to get that discount... it had the prime and e3 discounts listed.. and it didn't work. I went back to the store listing, and it looks like they had JUST fixed it because the prime discount was removed from the page. d'oh!
Still works, I just got the discount to show, keep at it!

Well, for the PS4 version.

Xbudz

Because this order has been cancelled, your credit card number ending in XXXX was never charged. Authorization holds placed on your credit card for these items will automatically expire in accordance with your card issuer's policy. Please contact them for more information.

But then under Cancelled product and Cancelled qty it's blank, as in nothing was cancelled?

What the hell Walmart...

Strange indeed! Hopefully it's a false alarm... I got my Mario Odyssey and Splatoon from Walmart. I can safely say that if either one of them gets cancelled, I'll simply never buy a game from them again.

Fularu

Banned

Ys 8 has the prime promotion listed (PS4 version)

Edit : I just got it to work on Ys VIII PS4

What the hell Walmart...

You got me paranoid, I'ma make a backup Splatoon 2 preorder at amazon lol. I'll stick with Walmart if they don't cancel it tho since it was their sale to begin with so I'd rather give them my money.

I'm not even going to bother doing the refresh trick.

If it works for you guys I'll have enough proof to argue with customer service after the fact worst case.

I see it either being applied to every order or no orders

I think you're gonna get burned. Customer Service won't give you a discount simply because some other people were able to exploit an illegitimate glitch. That makes no sense.

What do you mean you see it being applied to every order or none? I've never had Amazon take away a deal received from a glitch. Once you get it, you're good to go in my experience. So you should have snatched these up.

Xbudz

Hopefully this becomes the normal deal for all Prime Members.
I could certainly go for $50 Assassin's Creed: Origins and Forza 7 once they get announced properly.

I'm a bit bummed that Odyssey, Pokken, and Dissidia NT aren't eligible, and that this might not last for the various games that get announced at E3, but all things considered I made off like a bandit here so I'm fine with what I managed to grab, heh. What a night this would end up being if they actually honour this.

chrono01

Well, i don't know what i'm doing wrong then. I followed the instructions listed.. using both the app and browser over and over, and so far, no dice.
You either need to continually add/remove the item from your cart (when the discounts don't show) or change the quantities from 1 to 2 (and then back to 1) until it does.

If you've been doing the above and it's still not working, I don't know. You could just be extraordinarily unlucky, haha.

Hopefully this becomes the normal deal for all Prime Members.
I could certainly go for $50 Assassin's Creed: Origins and Forza 7 once they get announced properly.

Would be nice, but I doubt it. Amazon already has all the E3 deal banners up explaining what the deals are, and it's just a glitch getting us the extra discount.

More likely scenario is Walmart has $50 for some new games when announced and Amazon price matches.

Stage On

Man I feel like something is seriously wrong with me when I feel like I don't even want most games at $50.

I don't know if it's not having a lot of spending money or because of my huge backlog but for a lot of stuff I'm like "eh I can wait until it's $30 or less"

Would be nice, but I doubt it. Amazon already has all the E3 deal banners up explaining what the deals are, and it's just a glitch getting us the extra discount.

More likely scenario is Walmart has $50 for some new games when announced and Amazon price matches.

I still see the banner on Amazon that says Prime members save on pre-order games. The deal they have now is everyone saves, no extra benefit for prime members so maybe something else is coming for prime members.

I managed to get the checkout screen to show the double 20% off glitch for Splatoon 2... but now I'm stuck between a rock & a hard place.

I don't have a Switch.

I don't really plan on getting one until Spring/Summer 2018. (Unless games are announced that really change my mind like Metroid)

Should I get the game regardless? Or will it end up at $47.99 eventually anyway?

JDH

Just use the browser and keep switching between 1 and 2, it will pop (if you have prime of course)

I had the best luck this way as well. Refreshing looks like it works, but then when you actually click purchase, it reverts back to the regular price.

chrono01

What I don't understand is Amazon's mention of "Prime members save on pre-order games". If the discounts don't stack, and instead are over-written by the default 20% off E3 deal, what's the benefit of being an Amazon Prime member during this time if we don't receive anything extra (aside from the free two-day shipping)?

You'd think they would encourage non-members to sign up for something, so if they don't do double discounts there's little to no reason to become a paying member right now (outside of taking advantage of the current "glitch", if that's indeed what it is).

Fularu

Banned
I managed to get the checkout screen to show the double 20% off glitch for Splatoon 2... but now I'm stuck between a rock & a hard place.

I don't have a Switch.

I don't really plan on getting one until Spring/Summer 2018. (Unless games are announced that really change my mind like Metroid)

Should I get the game regardless? Or will it end up at $47.99 eventually anyway?

Was SPlatoon WiiU ever discounted?

I don't think so so... at your own risk?

I don't have a Switch.

I wouldn't bet on that, I don't think I ever saw the first Splatoon drop down that low for a new copy.

I don't have a Switch.

It's a first-party Nintendo game. You're not going to see a cut that deep for a long time.

Worst case scenario, keep it and sell it for a profit.

Man I feel like something is seriously wrong with me when I feel like I don't even want most games at $50.

I don't know if it's not having a lot of spending money or because of my huge backlog but for a lot of stuff I'm like "eh I can wait until it's $30 or less"

It's very useful for Nintendo games and cult games since those rarely get drastic price cuts. But for everything else yeah, you can usually afford to wait a bit. I just put in Nintendo preorders and stuff I'm interested enough in that 50 is a good price (since that's my upper limit for stuff I'm interested in but not dying to have). I'm not expecting to keep 100% of them since there's a few I put in just for the hell of it.

chrono01

I don't have a Switch.

If Splatoon 2 is the game I think it will be, you'll be lucky to find it on-sale in the next three years (probably more).

So yeah, I'd say it's a pretty safe purchase for $50.

JDH

I don't have a Switch.

I may not be the best person to answer this as the Switch is my first [new launch] Nintendo console since the NES, but from what I've seen and read, Nintendo games don't really go on "sale" or discounted unless it moves to their Nintendo Selects. I'm buying for the Wii U (new collector here!) and can't believe some of the prices for essentially "old" games.

I say keep it!

kevin1025

Banned

I don't have a Switch.

If you are definitely getting a Switch in the future, I'd say $47.99 now versus $79.99 + tax later (or maybe even higher if game prices leap in the fall) is the better choice. Especially if you plan on getting one for certain.

But it's your choice! Nintendo games are really iffy on price.

Jashobeam

my haul from amazon deal:

Ys VIII
Warriors All-Stars
Middle Earth Shadows of War
Gundam Versus
Xenoblade 2
Fire Emblem Warriors
Lego Marvel 2
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
Final Fantasy VII: Remake
Ni no Kuni 2
Ace Combat 7

also managed to get Mario Odyssey and Grand Turismo Sport Limited Edition from walmart.

this has been really tiring ripping off amazon, gotta get some rest now lol

Just use the browser and keep switching between 1 and 2, it will pop (if you have prime of course)

You either need to continually add/remove the item from your cart (when the discounts don't show) or change the quantities from 1 to 2 (and then back to 1) until it does.

If you've been doing the above and it's still not working, I don't know. You could just be extraordinarily unlucky, haha.

I finally got Ys and Xenoblade to work, but I had to remove/add from the cart at checkout until it stuck.

Has anyone gotten this to work on Yakuza? that's actually the one I really want this to work on. lol

I finally got Ys and Xenoblade to work, but I had to remove/add from the cart at checkout until it stuck.

Has anyone gotten this to work on Yakuza? that's actually the one I really want this to work on. lol

Yakuza Kiwami? Sadly it won't work since it's a 39.99 game. This only works with 79.xx games. Makes me wish 6 was up for preorder since that's probably going to be full-priced...

from what i've seen it hasn't worked on anything under 79.xx

Otherwise I'd be reordering pokemon ultra sun/moon, uncharted, yakuza, and 1-2 other cheapo titles.

Thanks for the input everyone - went ahead with it.

I'm going to go through and double check to see if there's any other games I may want for the Switch. (Does this work for BotW? I don't think so but just checking.)

Yakuza Kiwami? Sadly it won't work since it's a 39.99 game. This only works with 79.xx games. Makes me wish 6 was up for preorder since that's probably going to be full-priced...

Ugh now I'm wishing the same thing. I know I'm gonna get it day 1 anyway, would be nice to have double discounts.

Seik

Banned
my haul from amazon deal:

Ys VIII
Warriors All-Stars
Middle Earth Shadows of War
Gundam Versus
Xenoblade 2
Fire Emblem Warriors
Lego Marvel 2
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
Final Fantasy VII: Remake
Ni no Kuni 2
Ace Combat 7

also managed to get Mario Odyssey and Grand Turismo Sport Limited Edition from walmart.

this has been really tiring ripping off amazon, gotta get some rest now lol

I've been trying to get Lego Marvel on Switch and can't so far....

I NEED TO SLEEP!

You guys think the Middle Earth game will be good? I liked the last one but it got really easy and repetitive by the middle of the game

Thanks for the input everyone - went ahead with it.

I'm going to go through and double check to see if there's any other games I may want for the Switch. (Does this work for BotW? I don't think so but just checking.)

For first-party Switch games, your other options are:

ARMS
Fire Emblem Warriors
Xenoblade 2

Super Mario Odyssey and Pokken Tournament DX are ineligible because they're listed at 99.99 (plus Pokken's prime discount isn't active).

The double stack won't work for games like BOTW and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe that are already out.

Ugh now I'm wishing the same thing. I know I'm gonna get it day 1 anyway, would be nice to have double discounts.

Yeah, same here. Hoping this remains active throughout E3 but that's probably unlikely. Ah well, a single discount is better than none I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom