• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yakuza Kiwami? Sadly it won't work since it's a 39.99 game. This only works with 79.xx games. Makes me wish 6 was up for preorder since that's probably going to be full-priced...

Nope, only the single discount unfortunately.

Not that we'd save much if it did stack with the two deals, but hey...it's better than nothing!

from what i've seen it hasn't worked on anything under 79.xx

Otherwise I'd be reordering pokemon ultra sun/moon, uncharted, yakuza, and 1-2 other cheapo titles.

well, at least it's being released at an affordable price. It's also great that the 49.96 games (death stranding, detroit, etc) are back in stock, so that's good too.

looks like my bad e3 experience has been actually quite decent! Thanks again all!

I know the rule for Switch is 79.99, does that also apply to PS4 games? Lost Legacy ($49.96) would be cool with a double discount.

Yeah, only 79.xx PS4 games get double stacked. Stuff like Lost Legacy, Dragon's Dogma, Yakuza Kiwami, FFXII, or Everybody's Golf that are priced lower than 79.99 to begin with won't get it.

well, at least it's being released at an affordable price. It's also great that the 49.96 games (death stranding, detroit, etc) are back in stock, so that's good too.

looks like my bad e3 experience has been actually quite decent! Thanks again all!

No prob!

When did the Playstation E3 Experience tickets start finally working?

I turns out I'll be off work and in the area at the time, but tickets seem to be all out for Montreal. Shame, I'll have to watch at home like a peasant.

Stage On

It's very useful for Nintendo games and cult games since those rarely get drastic price cuts. But for everything else yeah, you can usually afford to wait a bit. I just put in Nintendo preorders and stuff I'm interested enough in that 50 is a good price (since that's my upper limit for stuff I'm interested in but not dying to have). I'm not expecting to keep 100% of them since there's a few I put in just for the hell of it.

Yeah, I'm doing it for Nintendo stuff since this is the cheapest that gets but most of the other stuff I'm interested in is from Ubisoft and Namco Bandai so if I'm willing to wait a few months to a year after release then it'll be cheaper in the long run.

I'm tempted to get more stuff like Arms but I haven't been getting too many hours at work lately and it's likely to stay that way for most of the summer so I need to tread carefully.

jokkir

Okay, finally got some games.

- Arms
- Splatoon 2
- Xenoblade 2
- Fire Emblem Switch
- Skyrim Switch

Am I missing anything else? Mario should be coming from Walmart

bakawind

Neo Member
Pretty nice haul tonight:
Splatoon 2
Arms
FF7 Remake
Ni No Kuni II
Fire Emblem Warriors
Warriors All Stars
Shadow of War
Lego Super Heroes 2
Gundam VS
Xenoblade 2
Destiny 2
South Park Fractured But Whole

And this doesn't even include the $50 pre-orders from the other day

chrono01

Oops forgot I got that too, I'l update my list
Great stuff!

There's a bunch of games you could add, not sure if they're something you'd enjoy though.

Fate/Extella
Ni no Kuni II
Lego Marvel
Digimon Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory
Mary Skelter: Nightmares (only $3 off from the Prime discount, though :/)
Culdcept Revolt: Limited Edition
FFVII Remake
Ys VIII (PS4)

I'm probably missing some. >_<

Seik

Banned
At the beginning I was a bit upset to pay the full price for ARMS, even with the Prime savings, but with this it's as if it was sold for 46.99 + tax, bring it on. :lol

It also broke some psychological barrier I had for Skyrim.

My current list is a pain in the ass since I have friends who order their games through me since I have prime:
3X destiny 2 XBO 20/20
2X call of duty WWII XBO
1X call of duty WWII PS4
2X splatoon 2 20/20
2X Ni No Kuni 2 20/20
KH3
Detroit
Ultra Sun
Ultra Moon
Arms 20/20
Xenoblade 2 20/20
Shadow of war XB1 20/20
shadow of war PS4 20/20
Dragons dogma
SW Battlefront 2
Farcry 5 deluxe
FF7 remake 20/20
Agents of mayhem 20/20
Lego Marvel 20/20

Lizardus

Xseed Fate/EXTELLA The Umbral Star - Nintendo Switch
State of Decay 2 - Xbox One Standard Edition
Crackdown 3 - Xbox One
Fire Emblem Warriors - Switch - Edition
Xenoblade 2 - Switch
Splatoon 2 - Switch
ARMS - Switch
Red Dead Redemption 2 - Xbox One Standard Edition
Kingdom Hearts III - Xbox One
Super Mario Odyssey

Got all of these for $50 each, saving me $300 in total. I just might be able to pay for a Scorpio with that plus trading in my One S.

Seik

Banned
Xseed Fate/EXTELLA The Umbral Star - Nintendo Switch
State of Decay 2 - Xbox One Standard Edition
Crackdown 3 - Xbox One
Fire Emblem Warriors - Switch - Edition
Xenoblade 2 - Switch
Splatoon 2 - Switch
ARMS - Switch
Red Dead Redemption 2 - Xbox One Standard Edition
Kingdom Hearts III - Xbox One
Super Mario Odyssey

Got all of these for $50 each, saving me $300 in total. I just might be able to pay for a Scorpio with that plus trading in my One S.

Mario Odyssey? Isn't it like 100$ so even with both discounts it would reach 50$?

Never managed to make it work either.

Having the lists is useful if only to see which games are eligible.
This is the only reason I posted mine, to help give visibility to some games, like lego marvel and agents of mayhem.

BTW it also works on Dead Island 2 but at an odd rate it gives $11X2 but at 20% it should be almost $15

Are we expecting the glitch to remain exploitable until the end of E3?

Can't wait to get some good deals on new announcements if that's the case.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I look forward to the people who missed all of this coming back and wondering why the thread has 500+ more posts.

I give up. All I wanted are Arms and Ni No Kuni 2. Can't seem to replicate using my iPhone. Did both the delete and increase/decrease item trick. OH well.

I have Prime too.

From last year I now have God of War and South Park at $50.

Today I grabbed Spider-Man, RDR 2, Death Stranding, and Battlefront II for $50.

And the Crash Trilogy for $30.

E3 is off to a good start. Amazon's delivering after last year was kind of underwhelming too. I only remember there being like... 10 games that were $30 off last year.

UberTag

I look forward to the people who missed all of this coming back and wondering why the thread has 500+ more posts.
I just popped in for the first time in a few hours and I'm presently bewildered at how to get this exploit to work.

I hopped on that ARMS deal. I was fully prepared to pay full price on launch day, but waiting an extra week to have it shipped for $20 less is well worth it. Thanks, GAF!

tsundoku

So if you preorder e3 discount games with prime enough times it glitches and applies twice? wont all those orders just get cancelled?
My FFXII steelbook glitched order got cancelled

especially with how bad amazon has been with ps4 and switch games this and last year shipping days after release.
One of their hottest excuses has been the "preorder queue in order of the earliest orders" excuse
I've had some of these switch games preordered since the first day the skus went up and it just feels like amazon is going to ship them as late as possible if theyre brand new preorders remade now or just sit on the orders when it comes to the days of to encourage people to just cancel them

chrono01

I've been trying with Lego Marvel 2 and it doesn't work, so they might have fixed it.
Seems like it.

I even went and tried it on games I've already managed to order (with the double discount) and couldn't get it to work either. It really might be fixed after all.

Sorry to those that missed out. :/

UberTag

wooow i was late for a couple minutes =(
Yeah, looks like we missed out on all of the festivities. What a shame.
LLShC.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom