• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Forgot to tweet you. :(
We should have a special Canadian Gaming Deals Twitter account we can subscribe to that would only be employed on the rare occasion when an Amazon glitch can be exploited to save $17/game that only comes around once or twice every few years.

Would help to ensure folks don't miss out if they're not monitoring the thread on a given night for some reason.

This account could also be employed to alert folks about once-in-a-lifetime pillow deals.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
We should have a special Canadian Gaming Deals Twitter account we can subscribe to that would only be employed on the rare occasion when an Amazon glitch can be exploited to save $17/game that only comes around once or twice every few years.

Would help to ensure folks don't miss out if they're not monitoring the thread on a given night for some reason.

This account could also be employed to alert folks about once-in-a-lifetime pillow deals.
lol
I think Canada Amiibo GAF tried this with LINE, but I don't think it's active anymore.
I guess we could use a special GAF hashtag and when something pops up someone can just tweet a link to the thread with the tag?

UberTag

The real kick in the teeth is that E3 savings are officially trash this year from Amazon and Best Buy outside of this shopping cart exploit.
Thank goodness for Walmart for stepping up. We may not even have that next year.
We should consider ourselves fortunate. Tonight may well have been the last hurrah for appreciable savings on Day 1 game purchases.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
lol
I think Canada Amiibo GAF tried this with LINE, but I don't think it's active anymore.
I guess we could use a special GAF hashtag and when something pops up someone can just tweet a link to the thread with the tag?
It's still active.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I hope this glitch comes back tomorrow when I actually have time to sit in front of computer and try many refreshes :p

farisr

The real kick in the teeth is that E3 savings are officially trash this year from Amazon and Best Buy outside of this shopping cart exploit.
Thank goodness for Walmart for stepping up. We may not even have that next year.
We should consider ourselves fortunate. Tonight may well have been the last hurrah for appreciable savings on Day 1 game purchases.
And this is why folks, if you do end up having the same things ordered at both wal-mart and amazon, when the time comes to cancel, try to keep the wal-mart orders so there's more a of a chance that they do this again next year after seeing its success.

I'm assuming last year turned out well for them since they discounted a lot more games this time around.

aechris

Man, my timing has been awful the last couple days. I've been sitting on this thread since yesterday morning because I missed the first round of Walmart orders and it seems every time I put my phone down either they go back up or something like this Prime glitch happens.

Come oooooon more deals!

Deadly

Yeah I already know I missed on the deal during the day.

I'm also fairly sure when it specifies French the game is actually in French but I put it in the order anyways

Yeah I already know I missed on the deal during the day.

I'm also fairly sure when it specifies French the game is actually in French but I put it in the order anyways

That's generally the case when you're buying older generation console games. This is literally just a code to download it on the Blizzard client. You can change the language willy-nilly on the service.

Samstrike

So I missed the glitch because i was sleeping. But seriously that e3 deal is really a slap in the face for prime members. Why I am paying for a subscription if I can just order my games for the same price at e3? Can't even get free one day shipping where I live. Really considering cancelling my subscription...

Edit : Wait is it for prime members only? How is it any different from any others days? lol

UberTag

So I missed the glitch because i was sleeping. But seriously that e3 deal is really a slap in the face for prime members. Why I am paying for a subscription if I can just order my games for the same price at e3? Can't even get free one day shipping where I live. Really considering cancelling my subscription...

Edit : Wait is it for prime members only? How is it any different from any others days? lol
It's not for Prime members only. It isn't any different from any other day during the year.
Except for last night when Prime members were able to stack their discount on top of the 20% being offered to everyone else.

Samstrike

It's not for Prime members only. It isn't any different from any other day during the year.
Except for last night when Prime members were able to stack their discount on top of the 20% being offered to everyone else.

In that case my first point still stand...

Kiro

I had to be at my girlfriend's last night. I saw this glitch at the beginning but had to go to bed. I managed to snag Arms but I didn't stay long enough. Poor FEW and XB2. With Walmart deals though, those are the only two things I missed out on completely.

Guess I can't complain. But deals look like crap this year.

Samstrike

Fair point. Hopefully it's as simple as that

I mean Amazon has had E3 deals for non-prime users every year...

Well that's why people were expecting prime member to get 30% or something because this way of doing it make no sense at all. Well who care anyway, I'm just gonna cancel my subscription. Their shipping have not been good for me either. Got 2 orders late in the last couple months.

farisr

So the french version of Destiny 2 won't be any different other than the box being in french?
So this is a post by someone who accidentally was sent the French version of Destiny 1 instead of the English one:

"Re: Destiny game disk in French!?!?!?
Options
Sep 10, 2014

I bit the bullet and opened the game..

Other than the case being in french, everything fired up in English.. Voice dialogs, text and all."

I believe Destiny sets the language based off your console's region.

Locked in my preorders before it stopped stacking. Just wondering why they're running a 20 percent promo when that is what prime members get regularly.

Cru Jones

My current list is a pain in the ass since I have friends who order their games through me since I have prime:
3X destiny 2 XBO 20/20
2X call of duty WWII XBO
1X call of duty WWII PS4
2X splatoon 2 20/20
2X Ni No Kuni 2 20/20
KH3
Detroit
Ultra Sun
Ultra Moon
Arms 20/20
Xenoblade 2 20/20
Shadow of war XB1 20/20
shadow of war PS4 20/20
Dragons dogma
SW Battlefront 2
Farcry 5 deluxe
FF7 remake 20/20
Agents of mayhem 20/20
Lego Marvel 20/20

I don't want to scare you, but on the FFXII glitch from a few months back, they cancelled duplicate orders (still allowing you to keep one). They may do the same thing here with the 20/20 orders.

So just to confirm. Amazon never officially matched Walmart's price on Mario, Spla2n, and Arms right? Only way to get any deals on Arms and Spla2n was through last night's glitch?

True Fire

True. Last year's preorders (Gow, death stranding, Spiderman, etc.) all got reduced to 50, the e3 promo better apply to those as it did when I ordered it.

You have to contact the CSRs after the games ship, and they'll give you a refund for the E3 discount.

That's why I reordered all of my Prime preorders as E3 preorders. Way more flexibility with price cuts.

JDH

I don't want to scare you, but on the FFXII glitch from a few months back, they cancelled duplicate orders (still allowing you to keep one). They may do the same thing here with the 20/20 orders.

They also cancelled my order of FFXII and I only had one. Unfortunately doing his could potentially put our orders at risk, but let's hope not!

So just to confirm. Amazon never officially matched Walmart's price on Mario, Spla2n, and Arms right? Only way to get any deals on Arms and Spla2n was through last night's glitch?

That's correct.

Cru Jones

They also cancelled my order of FFXII and I only had one. Unfortunately doing his could potentially put our orders at risk, but let's hope not!

That's correct.

Are you sure they cancelled the order? I got the email saying it was cancelled but after talking with CS they told me they sent it to everyone, but only extra copies would be affected. I looked last night and I still have mine.

Fularu

Banned
I just wanted to wish everyone a merry E3 sales and happy glitches and that even though we've had our disagreements, I love you all

Wait.. what? This isn't xmass! (sure feels like it)

So I woke up at around 3am this morning, following the trend of the recent few days (bad case of sore throat), only to discover I didn't brush my teeth nor did I remove my clothes. Looks like I feel asleep in the arms of my lovely girlfriend again, damnit! lol

Anyway, after brushing my teeth / making myself comfortable in my pyjama, I couldn't sleep. So what does a nice guy do when he cannot sleep in the middle of the night? He lurks on GAF of course!!!

At this point I went straight to this thread, thinking that maybe there were new e3 deals that went up and that I wasn't aware of. OH LOOK, IT APPEARS THAT THERE'S A COOL PRICING GLITCH ON AMAZON FOR PRIME MEMBERS! GOOD THING I JUST SUBSCRIBED TO THE SERVICE, RIGHT???

Little did I know.... After trying to proc this stupid glitch non stop for MvC Universe from 3am to 4:30am without any success, I decided it was time to let it go.

Gratz for anyone who got something out of it, but fuck me...

i-Jest

Welp, I only got one game with the double discount. As much as I regret not trying harding with glitched orders, one is better than none.

So I woke up at around 3am this morning, following the trend of the recent few days (bad case of sore throat), only to discover I didn't brush my teeth nor did I remove my clothes. Looks like I feel asleep in the arms of my lovely girlfriend again, damnit! lol

Anyway, after brushing my teeth / making myself comfortable in my pyjama, I couldn't sleep. So what does a nice guy do when he cannot sleep in the middle of the night? He lurks on GAF of course!!!

At this point I went straight to this thread, thinking that maybe there were new e3 deals that went up and that I wasn't aware of. OH LOOK, IT APPEARS THAT THERE'S A COOL PRICING GLITCH ON AMAZON FOR PRIME MEMBERS! GOOD THING I JUST SUBSCRIBED TO THE SERVICE, RIGHT???

Little did I know.... After trying to proc this stupid glitch non stop for MvC Universe from 3am to 4:30am without any success, I decided it was time to let it go.

Gratz for anyone who got something out of it, but fuck me...

Mine for MvC worked but that was around 2am. They might have caught it by the time you tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom