• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fularu

Banned
I don't know why people sleep during E3. You shouldn't be doing that.

True story. I went to bed early yesterday for the first time in forever. Got woken up at 00:15 and decided to check the thread

Then I witnessed the insanity

Thank you Morpheus for kicking me out of my sleep

Decided to browse gaf before going to bed around 1am and the rest is history...

Managed to get everything I wanted that seemed eligible for the glitch.

Welp, I only got one game with the double discount. As much as I regret not trying harding with glitches orders, one is better than none.

All that mattered on my end of the glitches I got was Arms for my son.

- Lego Marvel 2 will come down lower then the price I got.

- MvC is a good deal if I was going to pay full price day1, but reality is, It'll be cheaper by the time I get around to playing it, if ever.

- And my order from Walmart for Spla2n was cheaper with my son's employee discount (assuming those don't get terminated now that he's no longer working there).

JDH

Are you sure they cancelled the order? I got the email saying it was cancelled but after talking with CS they told me they sent it to everyone, but only extra copies would be affected. I looked last night and I still have mine.

Yup, even though I jumped on it about 30 seconds after it was announced on RFD I still got the shaft. Had to dig it up. It's a typical excuse Amazon uses these days. Beware.

Hello,
We're contacting you about order # for the following item(s):
Final Fantasy Xii The Zodiac Age Steel Book, Playstation 4
We're unable to fulfill your order for the item(s) listed above because they aren't available from the supplier any longer. As a result, we've cancelled them from your order and your original payment method won't be charged.
We’re sorry for any disappointment or inconvenience this may have caused. To help make up for the inconvenience, we’ve added a $5 Amazon.ca Gift Card to your account. This amount will automatically apply the next time you buy an eligible item shipped and sold by Amazon.ca, without entering a claim code.
We hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely,
Customer Service Amazon.ca

Fularu

Banned
Yup, even though I jumped on it about 30 seconds after it was announced on RFD I still got the shaft. Had to dig it up.

are you positive it's not in your order history as still active

Just check your open orders

Mine is alive and kicking

etta

my hard graphic balls
it will be in French
until you change it to English

So this is a post by someone who accidentally was sent the French version of Destiny 1 instead of the English one:

"Re: Destiny game disk in French!?!?!?
Options
Sep 10, 2014

I bit the bullet and opened the game..

Other than the case being in french, everything fired up in English.. Voice dialogs, text and all."

I believe Destiny sets the language based off your console's region.

I have the french version of destiny 1. You will be ok other then french being on the box. Hell id buy every game in french if it was cheaper lol
Oh, cool cool, thanks.

kevin1025

Banned
Decided to browse gaf before going to bed around 1am and the rest is history...

Managed to get everything I wanted that seemed eligible for the glitch.

I got everything I was hoping for, too. Now it's only things getting added throughout the shows!

lol I'm running on like four hours of sleep.

Fucking E3.

Work is going to be brutal.

Sleep comes during EA and their infinite working-at-desk videos.

Best part: E3 HASN'T EVEN STARTED YET

We broke E3 before E3 begins!

JDH

are you positive it's not in your order history as still active

Just check your open orders

Mine is alive and kicking

Yup definitely cancelled, just checked for the heck of it. I'm really not a fan of steelbooks, but a deal is a deal. I think it was made up for with the little glitch most of us took advantage of anyways.

This and the PSVR Aim bundle was cancelled by Amazon too (which they did relist in the end) but this is why I don't feel bad about taking advantage of things like this. I'm not going to dupe CSR's, but glitches is a free for all IMO!

Mimosa97

I just wanted to wish everyone a merry E3 sales and happy glitches and that even though we've had our disagreements, I love you all

Wait.. what? This isn't xmass! (sure feels like it)

Sure feels like it. The only time I felt happier this year was when I became a canadian citizen lol

So now that I'm part of the familia I just want to say that I love all of you cunts and wish you a happy E3-mas

Anyone try and making multiple shipments from Amazon last year? Terms say only one order can have the discount but I want to lock stuff in now. Was wondering if they actually cancelled multiple orders.

I got a bunch of the 50 bucks games pre-ordered from Amazon and Mario from Walmart. I am still looking for a good deal on the following games:

PS4 UNCHARTED: The Lost Legacy
Need For Speed Payback Playstation 4
Elite Dangerous Legend Edition Playstation 4
South Park: The Fractured But Whole - Trilingual - PlayStation 4 - Standard Edition
Namco Bandai PS4 Project Cars 2
The Crew 2 Playstation 4

And possibly more unannounced games!

Fularu

Banned
Sure feels like it. The only time I felt happier this year was when I became a canadian citizen lol

So now that I'm part of the familia I just want to say that I love all of you cunts and wish you a happy E3-mas

Welcome to the club

was in 2009 for me!

NYR

If anyone complains this E3 sucked for discounts or sales, you deserve to be shamed out of this thread forever.

i don't know, the 20% thing, while expected, is seriously disappointing when you're talking $80 games. thank you, walmart! - at least i got some some genuine deals out of amazon via price match :) ...

Stat!

Woke up this morning and I take it the double 20% glitch deal no longer works?

Still kinda lame on Amazon for not offering anything except 20% for prime orders. Its the same as it is normally!

Is the Walmart deal for Mario still up?

Jashobeam

too bad Dissidia NT didn't qualify, I doubt there will be a chance to grab that for $55, hopefully the games I preordered will still have high trade-in value at ebgames by the time it releases lol.

True Fire

Anyone try and making multiple shipments from Amazon last year? Terms say only one order can have the discount but I want to lock stuff in now. Was wondering if they actually cancelled multiple orders.

I have like 15 to 20 orders, one for each item. I did the same last year too.

In my experience they only cancel multiple orders if you stockpile items with glitched prices (Zodiac Age).

What do you mean?

E3 discount is removed from final price. Prime discount is removed from MSRP.

If your 79 dollar game sells for 50 dollars, you'll be eligible for 20% off of 50 dollars with the E3 discount, but in most cases you'll need to chat with a CSR to get it to happen. Amazon's discount tracker is glitchy.

If your 79 dollar game sells for 50 dollars, you lose your Prime discount. In most cases you can trick a CSR into giving you the 20% off, but it's morally dubious.

kaiyo

reizmtc5mzu3nkfdrtm1o6gurm.png
=D

farisr

Yeah, best buy has no problem cancelling these kinds of orders. Heck, they'll even outright rescind a promo they promised you initially that wasn't offered in error (and was confirmed by multiple CSRs) and fight you on it till you go to the BBB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom