• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

Stoked for Xbox in 7 hours!

Going to have a heart attack if the Scorpio really is $499 US like some rumors say, didn't think anyone would ever release $700 CAD console again lol.

Edit: words.

UberTag

Stoked the Xbox in 7 hours!

Going to have a heart attack if the Scorpio really is $499 US like some rumors say, didn't think anyone would ever release $700 CAD console lol.
Wasn't the 3DO in that price range when it was launched?
Heck, I think it ran for close to $700 US.

Proc

If Scorpio runs anything that runs on windows 10 (including Steam), I'd consider it.

Not happening, though, so yeah.

That's what I'm thinking too. I guess we'll see their pitch. I haven't even bought into 4k yet in the living room.

I'll most likely be missing this conference, as I'm heading out to a picnic in a bit. I was given a Xbox One S for christmas, and I've barely touched it since I got it (the controller that came with it is now my PC controller, and its pretty awesome). I'm personally more interested in what games they'll have, as opposed to Scorpio (I don't have a 4K TV either).

kevin1025

Banned
So Geoff Keighkey now says that it's gonna be $499 US huh...

...well, I hope my i5-3570k can last these Play Anywhere games for another year or two. Jesus.

If Scorpio runs anything that runs on windows 10 (including Steam), I'd consider it.

Not happening, though, so yeah.

That would be real good. As much as I love Forza (well, Horizon moreso), Gears, Halo, and Rare... $650-700 CDN is close to a new PC while installing my GTX 1060 to it.

kevin1025

Banned
I'm banking on mine lasting the end of this gen. Games still have to run on regular Xbone. So should be fine.

Yeah, that's true. Everything is requiring i5-2500 at the moment, and playing Prey all maxed out with 3570 has gotten rid of my concerns.The only game that's really given me trouble Microsoft-wise was Gears 4, where it would stutter a tiny bit when starting a new area before settling in perfectly (though that could have been either textures fighting with my RAM or maybe even a save checkpoint thing). Playing Horizon 3 at 55fps was cool with me, haha.

Edit: Also, there are now two Destiny 2's? Looks like they made the $49.96 French one the bilingual package, and yet the $79.99 is still alive and well (the one some of us double discounted).

Kyolux

Edit wrong thread

zelda-ii-i-am-error.png

I'm banking on mine lasting the end of this gen. Games still have to run on regular Xbone. So should be fine.

The only thing I really care about on Xbox is Forza, and Forza Horizon 3 ran like dogshit on PC for a very long time. I'm hoping Forza 7 will be better, since Apex was decent and should be the foundation for 7's engine, but I will be resolutely sceptical. I'm definitely considering an upgrade from my i5 3570k as it's finally beginning to feel like a major performance drag in isolated cases.

kevin1025

Banned
The Xbox presentation is going to be a great watch, one way or another.

I'm still excited to see what they have! It's going to be a fascinating show.

The only thing I really care about on Xbox is Forza, and Forza Horizon 3 ran like dogshit on PC for a very long time. I'm hoping Forza 7 will be better, since Apex was decent and should be the foundation for 7's engine, but I will be resolutely sceptical. I'm definitely considering an upgrade from my i5 3570k as it's finally beginning to feel like a major performance drag in isolated cases.

I'm hoping for Forza 7 to run like Apex, too. Since it's not open world it shouldn't be as deadly in the performance.

N° 2048

Yea I sold my XO long time ago and the system doesn't really have anything I want but I'm still excited for the presser.

kevin1025

Banned
Yea I sold my XO long time ago and the system doesn't really have anything I want but I'm still excited for the presser.

I sold mine for a PS4 Pro because I'm a massive fanboy!

Haha, but no, once Play Anywhere happened, it changed my mind on it. I was considering Scorpio, but if these E3 discounts hold out, I'll just end up with a ton of games instead.

Though, I do miss watching live TV and PVR with headphones. My Xbox One was a dream for that. Maybe I'll pick up a One S on Black Friday.

Sealtest

I just wish rental places still rented out systems. I'd love to finally play my copy of Sunset Overdrive. It's the one exclusive I'm jealous of.

I regret not jumping on that E3 glitch for the white xbones a few years back.

eyesradar

With all xbone exclusives coming over to win10 store I don't see myself dish out $$$ to buy another console that I don't really need...

Ventara

I bought my X1 when BB had the 1TB Division Bundle for $200. Seemed like an amazing price so I picked it up. Thing is I still have it sealed in my closet. One of my few gaming regrets.

UberTag

With all xbone exclusives coming over to win10 store I don't see myself dish out $$$ to buy another console that I don't really need...
That's the inherent problem with releasing a high-end game console aimed towards gaming enthusiasts... at a price point only enthusiasts can afford... who will all undoubtedly have high-end gaming PCs built that will perform better than the console you're poised to unveil... with exclusive titles that will also be released on the PCs they already own... in an ecosystem they don't have to pay extra to play online with their friends.

kevin1025

Banned
That's how much I paid for the ps4 at launch. It was pretty much that price into mid January.

Yep, I got mine closer to Christmas 2013 and it was $399 still. I think it was March? when it went up, around the time Ground Zeroes hit. I remember a friend of mine buying it for that and being pissed the price shot up, haha.

eyesradar

That's the inherent problem with releasing a high-end game console aimed towards gaming enthusiasts... at a price point only enthusiasts can afford... who will all undoubtedly have high-end gaming PCs built that will perform better than the console you're poised to unveil... with exclusive titles that will also be released on the PCs they already own... in an ecosystem they don't have to pay extra to play online with their friends.

Yeah, plus PS4 Pro took quite a bit of share of those people (including me) too.

X-Factor

I have a gaming PC but prefer using the consoles instead due to the exclusives and convenience.

Most of the time on my PC I only use it to browse the internet and do other computer activities rather than use it for dedicated gaming.

I also do not want to put a gaming PC in the living room either.

UberTag

I have a gaming PC but prefer using the consoles instead due to the exclusives and convenience.

Most of the time on my PC I only use it to browse the internet and do other computer activities rather than use it for dedicated gaming.

I also do not want to put a gaming PC in the living room either.
Well, if you're looking for the most powerful gaming box to stick under your TV in the living room then the Xbox One X is for you.

True Fire

Scorpio is cool and all, but I'm interested to see what software comes out of Microsoft's conference.

My Xbox is just a UHD Bluray player at this point, but I'd love to play some exclusives. I have high hopes.

Hazu

Never owned an Xbox, the only game that could possibly make me buy one is Banjo-Threeie.

Hopefully today's the day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom