• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

If reports are to be believed, $700 CAD seems like a lock for the Scorpio. Thing is dead in Canada, I wonder if people will boo this during the conference.

CazTGG

Considering Microsoft seems intent on bringing over their major titles to PC and Xbone (Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3), I think i'll stick to building my PC instead of sinking $700 on a console with maybe one exclusive of interest.

Seik

Banned
I wish the E3/Prime glitch would work again on Amazon.

I'd grab Fifa Switch now that it seems like a decent effort.

a916

If reports are to be believed, $700 CAD seems like a lock for the Scorpio. Thing is dead in Canada, I wonder if people will boo this during the conference.

I'm not buying it at 700.. but it feels really fanboyish to boo.

Also, if it's a step above PS4 pro... should it not be priced a step above the Pro? I mean pricing it at the PS4 Pro would be super super aggressive on Microsoft's part.

kevin1025

Banned
I'm sure we'll get a couple of "Zodiac Age" price glitches out of this E3.

Yep. We're likely going to get Assassin's Creed: Origins in a few hours, along with Microsoft's games. Plus Anthem was weirdly taken down from their pre-order and search lists, even though its product page is still active.

SickBoy

I was musing on Twitter that the forum wishes out there for the possibility that the Scorpio would be Windows 10 capable would have probably lured me if I didn't already have a gaming-ready PC.

When I was on time off earlier this year, I finally bought a PC (I'd long been kicking tires and the timing seemed right: the new-gen graphics cards seemed like they offered the right kind of price-performance update).... but really, the number of new games that I feel compelled to buy/play on PC is quite low. I just have a big Steam library (that I wanted to get to) after partaking in various Humble Bundles and other offers.

farisr

From the sounds of everything, Assassins Creed Origins will likely be a game I want to buy, so I hope Wal-Mart puts it up at $50. That's the only game I see releasing this year that is yet to be revealed/listed which I'd want.

farisr

Didn't realize it was that bad, damn.

Surely the most they will do is price it at 600 CAD right? They're dead otherwise.
$70 is too much to give up, even for MS who are usually generous with their CAD pricing. They'll likely not send much stock up here anyways. Not sure just what the breakdown is of sales up here for the XB1, but anecdotally, I come across more people than own a ps4 or wii u than an xbox one this gen. Whereas last gen, it was rare that I came across folks who had a ps3 as opposed to a 360 or wii.

firelogic

I'm thinking MS deliberately let slip the $500 price point so that everyone would be angry and write off the console and then at their conference, announce it's $400, same as the PS4 Pro but a lot more powerful which would make everyone gasp in surprise since they were expecting $500.

Ventara

I can see them doing $650 CDN for a $500 USD price point. Doesn't hurt as much as $700, but not cheap enough for people to start importing from Canada with shipping factored in.

farisr

Honestly though, 499 USD is abysmal for a mid-gen upgrade that won't get taken advantage of properly. 399 USD should be the max for these kinds of systems.

soultron

Banned
After having paid only $60 for the PS4P after trade deals I still feel like it wasn't worth it, in hindsight. Fuck 790 after taxes in Ontario, if the 499 USD MSRP is to be believed.

I don't even have a 4K monitor/TV.

Just give me a good price on the XB1S and I'll jump in that way.

After having paid only $60 for the PS4P after trade deals I still feel like it wasn't worth it, in hindsight. Fuck 790 after taxes in Ontario, if the 499 USD MSRP is to be believed.

I don't even have a 4K monitor/TV.

I absolutely feel like my upgrade was worth it, paying about the same as you, and it has nothing to do with in-game improvements. New, quieter console that means longer until it dies / needs replacement, with a fresh warranty.

That being said, in a very few games the frame rate stability improvements have been worth it.

kevin1025

Banned
The Pro has been worth it for me, running everything better or downscaled has been great, and the Boost Mode has been wonders for some older games. But I think if you only buy a couple of games a year, it wouldn't be so worth it.

Hopefully Scorpio does the same... though that price will scare me off.

Anth0ny

499 USD = 670 CAD

I think MS will price as 650.

putting-gun-to-headntjgn.gif

Thanks! Grabbed it, why not for now, haha.

No problem!

How was NBA 2K17? I'm not big into sports simulator games but I might pick this up to play with my more sports-savvy friends if the multiplayer is good.

Honestly, I've never played any of the NBA2K games, so I have no idea. I feel like I've heard that they're decent. At any rate, if it ends up being good, that price isn't too shabby!

The Pro has been worth it for me, running everything better or downscaled has been great, and the Boost Mode has been wonders for some older games. But I think if you only buy a couple of games a year, it wouldn't be so worth it.

Hopefully Scorpio does the same... though that price will scare me off.

Yeah the Pro has been a pleasant surprise. Difficult to justify the extra dough for a Scorpio when a One S plays the exclusives too. But we shall see, 40 minutes until the unveiling!

Sweet Ivy

So guys, am I 100% safe ordering the Destiny 2 - PC - French - Standard Edition by ACTIVISION?
I am still undecided whether to go PS4 or PC but since I could run it at 4k and 60+ FPS I could prefer Battlenet, also they are going to be hard on cheaters!

- For reference all my E3 pre-orders from Amazon from last year got their price slashed (God of War, Detroit etc. without me doing anything, is just the lowest price now and it applied automatically)

So guys, am I 100% safe ordering the Destiny 2 - PC - French - Standard Edition by ACTIVISION?
I am still undecided whether to go PS4 or PC but since I could run it at 4k and 60+ FPS I could prefer Battlenet, also they are going to be hard on cheaters!

- For reference all my E3 pre-orders from Amazon from last year got their price slashed (God of War, Detroit etc. without me doing anything, is just the lowest price now and it applied automatically)
I have no idea how the french thing works on PC but for consoles it just uses your system language

Fularu

Banned
I'm hoping for an early listing by Amazon.ca with the US price only to have it be corrected minutes later after I snag my order in!

(yes I can dream :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom