• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So why can't Amazon.ca get Raiden V PS4 and Sine Mora PS4 up is beyond me.

I've been spammed (read trolled) for weeks now by Amazon.com asking me to buy them

Get better Amazon.ca QQ
You should contact them about it. Knowing you they'll give it to you for 50% off without you even trying.

Ventara

Your discount will be lost. Heck, anyone on Prime who is even entertaining the idea of leaving Prime before all of their current pre-orders are fulfilled should be cancelling all of their existing orders and re-making them NOW during this week's E3 window because the E3 discount won't lapse once you quit Prime.

I and others have verified that you do indeed keep the discount. I suppose Amazon can change this, but it would be a bit of a tricky slope for them, as although Prime membership being needed to keep the discount is mentioned by them, they're still agreeing to sell that preorder item at that price, not at the higher price. So they'd have to just cancel your order if they want to remove the discount, which I don't think they'll do.

Fularu

Banned
You should contact them about it. Knowing you they'll give it to you for 50% off without you even trying.

CSR is no help about the future availability of titles on the website.

I tried in the past (to know when something would go up) and was told "reggienotmyproblem.jpg" more or less.

Now that Switch FIFA looks decent, what's the easiest way to get it cheap?

I anticipated that this morning and got it along with the rest

Boy am I glad! First Fifa since 2014, going to have a blast

UberTag

I and others have verified that you do indeed keep the discount. I suppose Amazon can change this, but it would be a bit of a tricky slope for them, as although Prime membership being needed to keep the discount is mentioned by them, they're still agreeing to sell that preorder item at that price, not at the higher price. So they'd have to just cancel your order if they want to remove the discount, which I don't think they'll do.
I find it rather unsurprising that losing Prime discount retention when your Prime subscription lapses is a bluff on Amazon's part.

Mimosa97

Yes. Both Prime and non-members are getting the same treatment. So, if you are using the service exclusively to buying games then it's time to stop using it.

I stopped being a prime member more than a year ago.

Even with the 20% off games are 74$ after tax which is only 5$ less than Digital day one (no taxes). Sucks.

Lexxism

What's that?
You can do a double or even a triple stacking. It's pretty much trial and error to get a matching code. So a 79.99 game will be 51.19 or 40.95. That's a dollar over to what Walmart/Amazon are offering but they are good for those games that aren't $50 games like some Switch games or other PS4/XB1 games.

You can do a double or even a triple stacking. It's pretty much trial and error to get a matching code. So a 79.99 game will be 51.19 or 40.95. That's a dollar over to what Walmart/Amazon are offering but they are good for those games that aren't $50 games like some Switch games or other PS4/XB1 games.
Oh, so you just put in your own code and then type random letters/numbers hoping that one of them will be another 20% off code? (for a 40% total)

Deadly

Your discount will be lost. Heck, anyone on Prime who is even entertaining the idea of leaving Prime before all of their current pre-orders are fulfilled should be cancelling all of their existing orders and re-making them NOW during this week's E3 window because the E3 discount won't lapse once you quit Prime.
How does it work with delivery? Same thing? I chose the 2 day/release day delivery since I was on Prime trial.

Lexxism

Oh, so you just put in your own code and then type random letters/numbers hoping that one of them will be another 20% off code? (for a 40% total)
No. More like you will try to get another code from BB and try to stack it with the one you have. Based on what I read on this thread, there are some who can't get the double stack. It is pretty much a miss and match. Plus, there's a chance that this might be cancelled depending on how many people where able to stack it. Also, it is 36% off and not 40%.

Best Buy doesn't typically have the best track record with exploits / price errors.

Wouldn't be surprised to see cancellations, but hoping for the best :).

For anything you really care about, I'd make sure you have backup pre-orders.

I'm preordering as many copies as I can of $50 games with the intent of reselling. $50 games in Canada where games go for $79.99 before taxes? Easy $20 profit per game.

Qwyjibo

I'm preordering as many copies as I can of $50 games with the intent of reselling. $50 games in Canada where games go for $79.99 before taxes? Easy $20 profit per game.
I considered doing that with the Switch games. Nintendo games generally never go on sale and I don't plan on getting a Switch any time in the near future. Dealing with people on Kijiji can really really suck though. Good luck.

Hey man, that prime membership has got to pay for itself.

It's also a win-win for you and the buyer. I do it but not more than one copy of easy to sell games, two when it's a huge title. Made a lot of people happy by selling them games for cheaper than what they would pay in store, sometime a day before release with Prime.

Dealing with people on Kijiji can really really suck though. Good luck.

That's why I slowed down, some hassles did not worth the profit and I am getting tired sometime even if I don't move from my place and don't reply to silly mails.

krae_man

How are you getting $75 easy?

There's tons of people doing the same thing and I've had trouble unloading $40 preorders I didn't want any more at cost. I got bombarded with lowballs and rediculious trade offers. No I don't want your 3 year old madden for a brand new $80 game genius.

It's also a win-win for you and the buyer. I do it but not more than one copy of easy to sell games, two when it's a huge title. Made a lot of people happy by selling them games for cheaper than what they would pay in store, sometime a day before release with Prime.

That's why I slowed down, some hassles did not worth the profit and I am getting tired sometime even if I don't move from my place and don't reply to silly mails.

Yea, it's certainly a win-win. It's just the lowballers that are a buzz kill. They're already getting something that just released at a lower price than retail and they are still looking for a better deal, smh.

I considered doing that with the Switch games. Nintendo games generally never go on sale and I don't plan on getting a Switch any time in the near future. Dealing with people on Kijiji can really really suck though. Good luck.

Yea, dealing with people on kijiji is a pain but we'll see how it goes.

Qwyjibo

I just bought a PS4 Pro yesterday and I REALLY want to avoid Kijiji re-selling my OG PS4. I'm thinking of just sitting on it for now and hoping for some kind of EB promo in the future.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Dont talk like one of them, you're not! Even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a scalper, like me! They need you right now but when they don't, they'll cast you out, like Bioware! You see, their sales, their codes, its a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of a price match. They're only as good as Amazon allows them to be. I'll show you. When the inventories are down, these... Canadian gamers, they'll eat each other. See, Im not a scalper. Im just ahead of the glitches.

daevv

Is the 20% off only on select preorders? Adding Dragons Dogma to the cart gets the discount but not on Everybody's Golf. Also my order from yesterday of Red Dead 2, Far Cry 5, and Battlefront 2 did not get any discount.

Edit: Think I found my answer. I was clicking the banner with 20% off listed and was taken to all games I can order. The actual link is below the banner for the 20% off games. :)

I had nobody serious bidding even at $220 a few months ago. Kept it up 2 weeks Lots of "still available?" messages. One guy seemed serious but did a "dear blog, I want to buy a PS4, but should I? Um, maybe? Um yeah I'll take it, but only if blah blah blah your price is cool but should I?"

It was weird, maybe it's a Toronto thing. I have no idea how you guys are getting $250-$300.

Traded to EB for $210 credit. (~$235) Time and hassle free savings.

I just bought a PS4 Pro yesterday and I REALLY want to avoid Kijiji re-selling my OG PS4. I'm thinking of just sitting on it for now and hoping for some kind of EB promo in the future.

Quote above from me a couple of weeks ago re: selling PS4 online classifieds

Too many weirdos

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Living in an apartment is a bonus for Kijiji, because you don't really have to worry about meeting someone at your home since the furthest they can get is the lobby.

The problem with Kijiji is annoying low ballers. You can put "no low balling/trades" and you'll still get a bunch of dumb asses wasting your time.

I bought a NES classic on impulse and realized I didn't want it, still had people asking me if I'd take $60 for it or trade for Hyrule Warriors Wii U.

ElNino

I try and meet in parking lots so then when I get stabbed my screams will be heard better.
Maybe I'm just lucky that I've been selling things that aren't likely to be stolen at gun point (furniture, piano, kitchen appliances, coffee machines, kids toys, etc) as I've never had any problems getting people to pick the stuff up at my home.

kevin1025

Banned
Maybe I'm just lucky that I've been selling things that aren't likely to be stolen at gun point (furniture, piano, kitchen appliances, coffee machines, kids toys, etc) as I've never had any problems getting people to pick the stuff up at my home.

Yeah, I've sold appliances and chairs and such from home, but the audience for those types of items tend to skew a little older. My PS4 sell was a parking lot deal and they skimped me $20, but it's all in good fun. When it's electronics I tend to be a little more cautious since their value is a little easier to pawn or keep or whatever thieves do, haha.

ElNino

Yeah, I've sold appliances and chairs and such from home, but the audience for those types of items tend to skew a little older. My PS4 sell was a parking lot deal and they skimped me $20, but it's all in good fun. When it's electronics I tend to be a little more cautious since their value is a little easier to pawn or keep or whatever thieves do, haha.
True, the majority of my Kijiji sales are items that would skew to a more mature crowd.
I only say mature because I don't want to call myself old. ;-)

When I sold my Fanatec racing setup, I met the guy half way (he was coming from 100 km away) in a mall parking lot. But I got asking price for that since it is a fairly niche product I guess. For most of my other stuff (games, consoles, etc) I either give them away to family/friends or I trade-in to EB to avoid the hassle of Kijiji. When EB has a good promo I can get decent (and sometimes better) value than selling on my own.

kevin1025

Banned
True, the majority of my Kijiji sales are items that would skew to a more mature crowd.
I only say mature because I don't want to call myself old. ;-)

When I sold my Fanatec racing setup, I met the guy half way (he was coming from 100 km away) in a mall parking lot. But I got asking price for that since it is a fairly niche product I guess. For most of my other stuff (games, consoles, etc) I either give them away to family/friends or I trade-in to EB to avoid the hassle of Kijiji. When EB has a good promo I can get decent (and sometimes better) value than selling on my own.

Yeah, EB is usually the way to go. I managed to get $280 right before the slim PS4 hit, so I made a good chunk more than EB would have given, but like you said, the hassle along with the trolling/lowballs made the little extra more of a paycheque than a sale, haha. Niche sales can be great, since it's fun to see someone mega excited for that deal.

Note to self do not use notepad to keep a log of info on a computer that has a history of shitting the bed.

There goes 7 codes I couldn't stack but could have given away :/

The Amazon glitch isn't working anymore, is it?

Yes, its over I believe.

What glitch?

There was a glitch where certain games that were $79.99 would stack both the E3 and prime discount if you did some cart manipulation involving adding the item to the cart, checking out, see if stacked discount applied at checkout, delete item from checkout if no stacked discount appears in which case it then gets added to your "save for later" queue, put the saved item back into the cart, and repeat the process until hopefully you were to see the stacked discount appear.

It might also have worked if you made quick back and forth changes to the number of items you wanted to order in the cart or checkout. I'm not too sure how well this method worked though.

Stage On

Lol turns out the code I got over the phone from Best buy doesn't even work. Luckly I was finally able to get the e-mail to finally work properly and snag a code.

I think I'll go with Best buy for getting Pokemon at least. Why? Because according to their faq if the price of the game is reduced closer to release, you'll still receive 20% off the new lower price!

So that means when Pokemon goes back to $50 which we all know it will I'll get 20% off that where as I'm not so sure the same will apply to Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom