• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon Prime ends tomorrow, don't think I'll bother to renew. Going to miss out on getting 20% off WWE 2K18, but I'm sure I can trade in a game or two at EB Games to get the price down to that mark anyway.

Between Walmart's $49 games and BB's 20% off, I think I'm set for Day 1 purchases until next E3.

Lexxism

Can't see it. What does it say?
Wario64‏ @Wario64
Xbox One X won't go on sale until FCC approval is obtained http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one-x ...
DCFBibQVoAA7C7-.jpg:large

Is the Samsung KS8000 good enough? I have it but apparently even that has a lot of issues some of which I've experienced it myself, and it was $2,000 on boxing day.

I just want to hear about trade in values, not even close to being interested in parying $700 straight up.

It's totally fine. Hopefully firmware updates sort out any lingering issues. Great TV. I know the feeling; my buddy got a vizio M series for only $900 over 2 years ago on clearance, she's enjoying 4k and incredible contrast since then.

Unfortunately for us high end users, the big winners are still the 1080p users rocking 55" or bigger, and midrange 4k set owners, as supersampling looks to be an easy patch for existing games. It's like, spend under $1k and get a set that covers almost all the TV tech advances from 2012 - 2020.

Meanwhile the high end 4k @60fps getting lots of talk, but doesn't seem to have widespread adoption yet, outside of PC gaming. Makes sense; That's a ton of horsepower, and console userbase is 90% 1080p or grocery store 4K.

kevin1025

Banned

NYR

There's talk on Twitter that they can't put up preorders until the product gets cleared by the FCC, haha.

Coming in hot, I guess.

Yep. Super weird.
Actually makes sense since the FCC filing would be public when published so they kept it secret. The OG iPhone was the same way since it wasn't going to be on sale for months.

kevin1025

Banned
Actually makes sense since the FCC filing would be public when published so they kept it secret. The OG iPhone was the same way since it wasn't going to be on sale for months.

Did not know that! I guess I'm used to pre-orders being so instant that it's just expected for me at this point. But all the business dealings and keeping products quiet before it's ready, there's a lot more to it than putting things up on storefronts that never crosses my mind.

Mimosa97

Damn I feel like I should preorder a few games while the E3 20% off prom is running but I don't feel like paying 73$ after tax. Now I only feel like paying 49.99+tx for a game day one.

Walmart what have you done :(

i-Jest

Damn I feel like I should preorder a few games while the E3 20% off prom is running but I don't feel like paying 73$ after tax. Now I only feel like paying 49.99+tx for a game day one.

Life has taught me you will normally get your standards. Wait for sales and price drops.

JDH

I feel the same way. It's like the good old days!

kevin1025

Banned

The way I do it is, pre-order anything I'm remotely interested in, and hope for random drops. All over E3, as they're adding and matching and all that, you never know what might randomly happen. Plus then you'll feel safer watching or doing whatever in case you miss it!

But yeah, more $50 would be so good. Seeing all those $50 games and double discounts next to $72.31 amounts for Assassin's Creed and Need for Speed doesn't feel right anymore, haha.

So I managed to get 2 codes that combine at Best Buy. Problem is, there isn't that much I want right now to apply them to. Picked up Ultra Moon and will likely keep it (especially when it drops to $50 retail), but Everybody's Gold and Hey Pikmin! I probably won't keep. Ever Oasis isn't able to be pre-ordered for some reason :(

If I was able to get a third code that some people got to work, there would be a lot more.

Haines

Banned
Haven't added to my preorders on amazon since the conferences started.

Anthem for sure.

Metro?

I can't actually think of any. Has e3 been this bad so far

Mimosa97

Life has taught me you will normally get your standards. Wait for sales and price drops.

I hope the price goes down or I'll probably just cancel those preorders

I feel the same way. It's like the good old days!

It really felt like Christmas lol

The way I do it is, pre-order anything I'm remotely interested in, and hope for random drops. All over E3, as they're adding and matching and all that, you never know what might randomly happen. Plus then you'll feel safer watching or doing whatever in case you miss it!

But yeah, more $50 would be so good. Seeing all those $50 games and double discounts next to $72.31 amounts for Assassin's Creed and Need for Speed doesn't feel right anymore, haha.

Yeah I won't repeat the same mistakes as last year. I thought about going all digital this gen but there are a few games that I know I'll only play once and never play again so I should just get a physical copy and then sell them on kijiji.

The thing is I usually wait for price drops and psn sales and rarely get games day 1 but I played Horizon day 1 and felt that I was part of the hype and it just felt like a different experience sharing my feelings about the game when it was still new and fresh instead of being late to the party. I feel like there are a few tentpole games that you need to play day one if you want to be part of the hype train lol

Mimosa97

Anthem for sure.

Metro?

Only Sony can save us. They've had perfect E3s for the last 3 years. Let's hope this year is no different.

I'd settle for Bloodborne 2 and a new TLOU 2 trailer lol

JDH

Anthem for sure.

Metro?

I hear ya. Not 100% sure, but the majority of games on the Xbox I'm interested in seem to be digital only (Cup Head, The Last Night, Ori and the Will of the Wisps) or are available on PS4 (Anthem) so I'd go with that due to PS4 Pro over Xbox One S (not shelling out for an X)

UberTag

how the heck do you guys get more than one BB code anyway
I believe they're creating dummy accounts. I haven't even received codes for my primary Reward Zone account and when I Emailed in to to support to inquire I received a tone deaf response back that acted as if I hadn't jumped through the proper hoops on the website to generate them.

I suppose I simply won't be making any pre-orders with Best Buy this year unless they get something listed that Amazon doesn't put up for some reason.

i-Jest

I believe they're creating dummy accounts. I haven't even received codes for my primary Reward Zone account and when I Emailed in to to support to inquire I received a tone deaf response back that acted as if I hadn't jumped through the proper hoops on the website to generate them.

I suppose I simply won't be making any pre-orders with Best Buy this year unless they get something listed that Amazon doesn't put up for some reason.

Did you reapply for the Bestbuy Rewardzone newsletter? That's how I got mine. Sign into rewardzone, and sign up for the news letter. You should get the code soon after.

NYR

Just realized I don't have a single Xbox One game pre ordered nor do I plan to order one. At all. Wow. That really blows my mind as someone who owns all three consoles specifically to ensure I can play what I want.

Just realized I don't have a single Xbox One game pre ordered nor do I plan to order one. At all. Wow. That really blows my mind as someone who owns all three consoles specifically to ensure I can play what I want.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. It's crazy. Just State of Decay 2 for me.

killroy87

I'm pretty much in the same boat. It's crazy. Just State of Decay 2 for me.

I'm gonna start getting some third party games for it instead of PS4. I'm gonna grab an X, so it sounds like that will be the place to grab those games now.

Stat!

I was out all night and just catching up on the MS conference now, anything up for pre-order that isn't the standard price that is new from the past couple days?

No point in pre-ordering if I have prime.

kevin1025

Banned
I was out all night and just catching up on the MS conference now, anything up for pre-order that isn't the standard price that is new from the past couple days?

No point in pre-ordering if I have prime.

Nothing's really been a lower price quite yet, all standard price so far. But I'm hoping since it's the weekend, Wal-Mart pops some 50's on a weekday and gives us more dreams!

Stat!

Nothing's really been a lower price quite yet, all standard price so far. But I'm hoping since it's the weekend, Wal-Mart pops some 50's on a weekday and gives us more dreams!

Thanks. Trying to go through the Xbox conference. I assume the Xbox One X price has been announced and we're all happy its only going to cost $300 CDN?

Just kidding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom