• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was one of the best conferences I've ever seen. Just non stop games, and a LOT of them looked incredible.

Def getting a One X, especially at that exchange rate.

Looking forward to Digital Foundry comparing these one One S vs One X

Will they justify the $300 CAD difference?

Funny thing is the masses will be playing on cheapo 4K TV models (fake HDR, low contrast, uneven backlight) they get at the grocery store, which holds back the graphical power even further between One S and One X

Qwyjibo

$599 ain't too bad when a Switch is $480 with a Pro controller. Wonder what kind of trade-in deal EB will offer on old Ones. I have an OG though. I am sure whatever deal they offer will be S only.
That's what I'm wondering too.

I'm sitting on an OG PS4 now that I need to re-sell, and if EB ends up having a good trade-in option, I could also trade in my One S. Do I really need to have a PC, Pro, and X though? This hardcore gaming thing is a goddamn sickness...

UberTag

Anthem looks like EA is chasing Destiny money
Isn't that what everyone is doing these days? Chasing Activision's haul from Destiny and Overwatch?
Major balls by Microsoft to end their conference with a Bioware game after the major dropped ball that was Andromeda.
And props to them for rolling the dice on that ridiculous exchange rate discount at $599.

I don't have a 4K TV just yet so none of these new consoles are a priority for me. I'm picking up a new phone in the next month or so (still trying to talk myself into a OnePlus 5) and then I'll be upgrading my PC around the holidays. 4K TV will be late next year at the earliest and then... I may start entertaining the idea of another console investment.

Until then I'm content with my PS4 and my Switch.

sikkinixx

Decision to upgrade my pc paid off. Every game is on windows 10 as well. Phew.

$600 isn't obscene. Like it's a lot but most people will be trading in so getting $200ish off.

Now we just patiently wait while Walmart preps all those game announcements for their site at 49.99....right? right? thats what they are doing? Perfect....no one can convince me otherwise.

Xenoflare

God I hope so. RE7 was 50 dollars after it was announced last year.

In particular I want Ass Creed for 50.

I managed to grab the Nier Automata at $50 because BB was nice enough to honor the sale price that actually expired, picked up that ugly(amazing) gold ps4 slim and I was so happy.

kevin1025

Banned
Now we just patiently wait while Walmart preps all those game announcements for their site at 49.99....right? right? thats what they are doing? Perfect....no one can convince me otherwise.

I imagine a few more will after Sony is done tomorrow night. I'm guessing Assassin's Creed, Evil Within 2, and probably a random new game from Sony's show.

UberTag

For a game that's supposedly 5 months away and positioned to help carry the One X launch, Crackdown 3 showed terribly and it seems like Microsoft themselves have very little confidence in it.

Sweet Ivy

Ok guys, dumb question, the E3 price on Amazon, is it supposed to show before checkout?
I checked out a bunch of 49.96 games but that is still the price I see on the order page.

Gitaroo

Sylwest

just a heads up for people, PS4/pc are getting the + version with more stuffs I think, I had that preordered then canceled it when I found out of the + version.

Yeah, I plan on purchasing the PS4 version at some point but I wanted some of the extras in this LE (like the Blade cards and art book). The one with the figure quite pricey.

trixx

Looking forward to Digital Foundry comparing these one One S vs One X

Will they justify the $300 CAD difference?

Funny thing is the masses will be playing on cheapo 4K TV models (fake HDR, low contrast, uneven backlight) they get at the grocery store, which holds back the graphical power even further between One S and One X

Is the Samsung KS8000 good enough? I have it but apparently even that has a lot of issues some of which I've experienced it myself, and it was $2,000 on boxing day.

I just want to hear about trade in values, not even close to being interested in parying $700 straight up.

Sealtest

Yeah EBGames will just charge you the correct price regardless what your order says. I remember the email they sent during that overwatch CE glitch they had few years ago.

I think the only people who could legit take advantage of EB glitches are people from Quebec and I'd bet that involves a lot of complaining.

Sorry if this has been brought up already, but do we know why Switch games are showing up as $99.99? Noticed Pokken Tournament DX and Super Mario Odyssey at that price at Amazon and EB... $60 USD

Hazu

Damn it, I wish the Amazon glitch happened AFTER Nintendo's Spotlight Presentation so I could preorder all the games announced during E3. :(

i-Jest

49.96 is already the reduced price. No additional 20% for those.

Pretty much this. If you live in Ontario you likely know how good a deal that price point is. Credit where credit is due, thanks Walmart! I wish you'd widen the selection at that price point.

Edit:

Has everyone asked Walmart on Twitter to give us more preorders at $49.96?

Anyone else think its strange that PlayStation hasn't added any games to their PSN e3 sale? I was expecting new games every day for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom