• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stage On

So I managed to get 2 codes that combine at Best Buy. Problem is, there isn't that much I want right now to apply them to. Picked up Ultra Moon and will likely keep it (especially when it drops to $50 retail), but Everybody's Gold and Hey Pikmin! I probably won't keep. Ever Oasis isn't able to be pre-ordered for some reason :(

If I was able to get a third code that some people got to work, there would be a lot more.

How do you even get a second code to stack? I never got an initial e-mail from them and was only able to get my first code using the same link that you put up earlier

Vinc

You guys think we're getting the new games put up at Walmart tomorrow or after all the conferences? Need that 49.99!

kevin1025

Banned
You guys think we're getting the new games put up at Walmart tomorrow or after all the conferences? Need that 49.99!

Total guess on my part, but I'm hoping since it's the weekend they just haven't updated, and tomorrow they open the floodgates some more.

killroy87

Just curious: What has convinced you to get an X? Do you have an Xbox One already?

I like having the latest tech, and I make enough money for it to not be that big a deal.

And yeah I do, but I'll sell it. I could see the X replacing my PS4 Pro as the multiplatform system of choice.

I'm gonna start getting some third party games for it instead of PS4. I'm gonna grab an X, so it sounds like that will be the place to grab those games now.

The biggest problem there is fragmented userbase for MP. Already PS4 has far more
diverse and larger MP playerbase. Will XBX players be put into one lobby (ie their own lobby) seeing as how they can use 60fps or whatever effect to their advantage?

kevin1025

Banned
October is a total wreck now.

Middle-Earth, Evil Within 2, South Park, Assassin's Creed, Wolfenstein II...

And that's before Ubisoft, Sony and possibly Nintendo add to it.

killroy87

The biggest problem there is fragmented userbase for MP. Already PS4 has far more
diverse and larger MP playerbase. Will XBX players be put into one lobby (ie their own lobby) seeing as how they can use 60fps or whatever effect to their advantage?

That's not how it works on PS4 Pro, why would it be like that here?

Microsoft won't allow a situation where half the playerbase is operating on double the framerate (in MP, at least)

And I think you're overstating how big a MP community needs to be to feel populated haha.

Gitaroo

October is a total wreck now.

Middle-Earth, Evil Within 2, South Park, Assassin's Creed, Wolfenstein II...

And that's before Ubisoft, Sony and possibly Nintendo add to it.

Probably wont see anything from Sony beside GT sports this sports this fall. They got marketing deal for a lot of the 3rd party games and mostly shooters. They were very clear that they would shift their games away from q4 to avoid the bloodbath. Nintendo too, they probably just got mario for q4, splatoon 2 and arms are enought for them to cover everything until q4.

leeman

That's...not just DLC?

Interesting

It's standalone? Oh, ok then.

DCGImCgV0AAoYf4.png

Ventara

I think people are gonna be disappointed when no more games get added to the $49 list.

I'll be very sad, but I've prepared my heart for this.

Having said that, between the Amazon glitch and $50 Mario, I'm pretty happy already if that's all. Will just stick to the must-haves for 3DS/Vita games with 20% off.

JDH

I'll be very sad, but I've prepared my heart for this.

Having said that, between the Amazon glitch and $50 Mario, I'm pretty happy already if that's all. Will just stick to the must-haves for 3DS/Vita games with 20% off.

$50 Mario alone was worth it. I'll actually probably end up cancelling like 75% of my pre-orders, as I usually wait until games are under $30 anyways. I barely ever play games on release.

Or maybe not? We'll see.

Xenoflare

Uhhhh for those who has both the One S and the PS4 Slim

Is the disc drive on the slim super loud? It makes weird clicking and tapping noises and I don't know if it's normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHUpgWexWb8

not my video, but it's the closest I could find for the same representation, the disc drive on the One S sounds a lot less noisy

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Just look at the Walmart list to see what Amazon offered. They didn't make anything that wasn't on there $50 also.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/video-games/N-22+120/page-1?sortBy=price&orderBy=ASC

Anything with a hidden price that's grouped together with the other $50 games. Some won't be available on Amazon.

So... only the BILINGUAL Destiny 2 copy is 50 bucks?

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/ACTIVISION/

that's weird, but.... that's still in English too so should I care? Just pre-order that instead of the regular, 80.- copy?

thanks! hope they add a bunch more games... not getting my hopes up too high though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How do you get more Best Buy codes? I've only gotten one so far... do you have to go somewhere to request more? Or is it reusable?

On Amazon, all with the E3 discount:
Anthem PS4
Anthem XB1
Anthem PC

Weird that this year it's Amazon who's on the ball with adding things. Felt like in previous years Best Buy was better? Or maybe I'm just misremembering.

I think you're right. Amazon was playing catchup with some stuff.

So. I am trying to figure this out since I missed most of the conference - will Battlefront II be better on the Xbox One X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom