• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So happy I'm not into 4k.

I'll just grab an Xbox One S for the games I want.

So fucking expensive.

Its funny because they just did an AMAZING job with this presentation on selling people on the One S at $249

Lmao at $499 USD for this. Buying a Porche to have it sit in my driveway

Xenoflare

Yeesh, I'm not looking forward to that Canadian launch price.

At this point I'd need the trade in to take 50% off to make it reasonable, no way in hell the One S would worth that much even at 2TB

Also, ironically this is the best platform to play FFXV, go figure

CazTGG

The games they showed looked promising (Super Lucky's Tale, Dragon Ball FighterZ), I look forwarding top playing them on PC or PS4. $700-ish for a console when could go towards a good GPU is a no-go, even if I wasn't still bitter about the Xbone's planned DRM.

kevin1025

Banned
Xbox Canada's Twitter account was announcing shit all through the briefing, and then went mysteriously dead after the price announcement, haha.

NYR

Yeesh, I'm not looking forward to that Canadian launch price.

At this point I'd need the trade in to take 50% off to make it reasonable, no way in hell the One S would worth that much even at 2TB

Also, ironically this is the best platform to play FFXV, go figure
Same - I would need $349 for my Xbox One S for a trade in price. Zero chance that happens, they really screwed up here, I'm thinking we are seeing the end of a chapter here with Xbox, why not just go full PC and make it about Windows 10 games.

kevin1025

Banned
Preorder this asap if it goes up for 599. It's definitely going to launch for 699 or 749 depending on the economy.

No way it remains this way for the first few months. Also that price makes it only $100 more than the PS4 Pro here, which is $499

Yeah, everyone make sure to pre-order whenever your favored store goes live. Never can be too careful! I'll likely pre-order for the hell of it, even though $599 is still too high for me. I trust in glitches too much, haha.

So Bethesda's conference is at 12am? Looks like I'm getting a shit sleep tonight for work.

Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein! You have to be awake for it! It's at 12am, yep!

Anth0ny

$599 is still way too much considering what they've shown lol

Give me my Dragon Ball Fighters for $49 and I'm done for the day, I think.

killroy87

That was one of the best conferences I've ever seen. Just non stop games, and a LOT of them looked incredible.

Def getting a One X, especially at that exchange rate.

Grimsen

That was one of the best conferences I've ever seen. Just non stop games, and a LOT of them looked incredible.

I feel the same on the conference, but the need to get the xbox just isn't there for me.

NYR

Respectfully disagree. It was nothing but trailers with almost no release dates. Some of the games, like State of Decay, looked like PS3 games. It was mostly Indy games as Microsoft desperately attempted to show they had "exclusives", it was a con job. Almost no major 3rd party games were shown. Their first party games looked like shit too, Crackdown looked like nothing special and Sea Of Theives dragged on and was pointless. Even Cuphead, which should be out today, is delayed until September.

I'd argue it was one of the worst capped with the second worst price point in the history of gaming.

500€ ($750 CAD)
450£ ($dont want to even look)

Canada gets a nice exchange rate

So PS4 will coast into 2020 and with no competition this is never good.

On the plus side this will delay urgency for a PS5

FN-2187

$599 ain't too bad when a Switch is $480 with a Pro controller. Wonder what kind of trade-in deal EB will offer on old Ones. I have an OG though. I am sure whatever deal they offer will be S only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom