• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet Ivy

Oh damn, I didn't see this. Well, this isn't good considering I already made one order that doesn't have everything in it..

EDIT: I'm on the Amazon page and I don't see that though?
I think it refers to game copies (Offer limited to one per customer and account.), not orders (hyperlink of "here's how"), so I was wondering if anyone had any trouble ordering two copies of something and if the discount did apply (mostly is about Anthem for me).

Special offers and product promotions
Save 20% on select games when you pre-order during E3. Discount will apply at checkout. Full list of qualifying games can be found at: https://www.amazon.ca/b?ie=UTF8&node=14743896011 Here's how (restrictions apply)
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.ca price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

Mimosa97

Their library isn't good enough to justify my ownership of the system. Switch's library is obviously worse but I've given it some latitude in being able to play it on the go.

Do you like videogames ? lol

Nah I understand that tastes vary a lot but the PS4's library is very diversified. We just had a streak of great games launching on PS4 in 2017 so it's weird that you think the PS4's library is lacking.

CazTGG

Not sure i'll keep all these, but these are the games i'm currently pre-ordering for this year's E3
1. Assassin's Creed Origins Deluxe Edition
2. Code Vein (PC)
3. Dissidia Final Fantasy (PS4)
4. Dragon Ball Fighter Z (PS4 or PC, undecided as to which i'll keep)
5. Final Fantasy VII (PS4)
6. Mario + Rabbids
7. NBA 2K18 (Switch)
8. Starlink (Switch)
9. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
10. Vampyr (PS4) Maximum Games
11. South Park: the Fractured But Whole (PC)
12. Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology
13. Ni No Kuni II *
14. ARMS*
15. Splatoon 2*
16. Xenoblade 2*
17. Fire Emblem Warriors*
18. Final Fantasy XII
19. Red Dead Redemption 2
20. Kingdom Hearts III
21. Ever Oasis
22. Pokémon Ultra Sun
23. Pokken DX
24. Yomawari (PS Vita)

*Definitely keeping these after the 40% off deal.

We'll see what Sony and Nintendo are offering (here's hoping for a new Metroid) but that looks like it for now.

kennah

Im always amused watching the e3 portion of the thread. But I’m a ‘wait until it’s $20’ kinda guy anyway. I enjoy living vicariously through you all.

Man, all of my e3 preorders are still slated for 2018. I hope Sony's e3 conference manages to tide me over for Spiderman and some new 2017 games :/

The Nintendo games have been out of stock at Walmart for the most part, so they're probably not going to bother.

Hopefully they're back up (and priced at 50) by the time of Ninty's conference... I have Odyssey in my cart from last time but it went out of stock as I was ordering. :| That's literally the only unannounced game I'm interested in that I still need.

diaspora

Do you like videogames ? lol

Nah I understand that tastes vary a lot but the PS4's library is very diversified. We just had a streak of great games launching on PS4 in 2017 so it's weird that you think the PS4's library is lacking.

Between CDKeys and the Humble Store it doesn't have much of a library.

NYR

Can I blame them for being a shitty company that isn't initiating any deals and are just following Walmart's lead this year?
You can, but here are also hundreds of games Amazon is offering for 20% off that Wal Mart isnt, so you win some, you lose some.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You can, but here are also hundreds of games Amazon is offering for 20% off that Wal Mart isnt, so you win some, you lose some.
BB's 20% off is better than Amazon's because you also get RZ points. It's not a lot of points but it does eventually add up. Only reason to go with Amazon is if you plan to hassle CS after the game ships telling them they didn't apply a Prime discount also hoping they do it.

leeman

Oh Ubi, there is also a $199.99 version of Far Cry 5 up for pre-order. Hope County Edition.

http://store.ubi.com/ca/far-cry--5-hope-county-edition/59384182ef3aa5c82f8b4567.html

59384182ef3aa5c82f8b4567-1.jpg

Sweet Ivy

BB's 20% off is better than Amazon's because you also get RZ points. It's not a lot of points but it does eventually add up. Only reason to go with Amazon is if you plan to hassle CS after the game ships telling them they didn't apply a Prime discount also hoping they do it.
Agreed, in the end you do receive quite a few 5$ to 20$ reward certificates!

Mimosa97

Between CDKeys and the Humble Store it doesn't have much of a library.

Bloodborne, Horizon, The last of US, Nier, Nioh, Yakuza 0, ratchet, Uncharted etc...

But I understand if you don't like these kind of games. There are enough great games on PC to keep you busy :)

diaspora

Bloodborne, Horizon, The last of US, Nier, Nioh, Yakuza 0, ratchet, Uncharted etc...

But I understand if you don't like these kind of games. There are enough great games on PC to keep you busy :)
I don't think most of those are worth investing in the system having played them, no. I like RPGs, action adventure games, etc, I just don't think those are particularly remarkable.

Edit: nier isn't even an exclusive so... What?

shezbot

DEAL

Super Lucky's Tale is showing up as $79.99 but when you put it in the cart it appears $31.99 after E3 discount.

Most retailers are listing it for $39.99 so the $79.99 was probably a place holder, but for anyone who was interested and waiting for Amazon to drop it, you can order it now - the cart will show the adjusted price instantly.

JDH

DEAL

Super Lucky's Tale is showing up as $79.99 but when you put it in the cart it appears $31.99 after E3 discount.

Most retailers are listing it for $39.99 so the $79.99 was probably a place holder, but for anyone who was interested and waiting for Amazon to drop it, you can order it now - the cart will show the adjusted price instantly.

Wow thanks for posting this! Even if you're on the fence, it's worth it to hold at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom