• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
$1000 for the Assassin's Creed Dawn of Creed Legendary Collector's Edition

Only 200 made for NA

http://store.ubi.com/ca/assassins-c...edition/592598cbef3aa5164c8b4568.html?lang=en

592598cbef3aa5164c8b4568-1.jpg

A grand. This is it boys. The most expensive collector's edition ever. How will this possibly be topped?

Luigi87

So I missed Horizon at BB (anyone remember where I work realize the irony of this)
I missed most of Ubisoft's conf
My car got a flat tire

x_x

NYR

Ubisoft killed it.
They had a great conference, really impressive. Sony has a high bar to exceed tonight if they wish.

I have a feeling BG&E2 will disappoint - a prequel and online seems to be a focus. Ugh. Might be a Ubisoft cash grab.

Gitaroo

So now Prime is damn useless for anything outside of the base versions of games?

Anyone who has the money to spend on prime will be getting collector's editions.

This just doesn't make sense.

Yup, done with prime after sub is up. Useless shit now consider 2 days shipping is a standard at bestbuy.

Kingdom Battle, Far Cry 5, South Park, Just Dance 2018. I need these all on Day One, and they are coming soon.

and we still have Sony's conference in a few hours. I need to win the lottery or something. This hobby is going to break my bank.

They had a great conference, really impressive. Sony has a high bar to exceed tonight if they wish.

I have a feeling BG&E2 will disappoint - a prequel and online seems to be a focus. Ugh. Might be a Ubisoft cash grab.

Yeah. The prequel and online one-two punch killed my excitement fast.

I really hope Online is just a part rather than a focus - fans of the original weren't supporting the project to get a twisted mockery of what they loved.

Yup, done with prime after sub is up. Useless shit now consider 2 days shipping is a standard at bestbuy.

I really hope GCU comes to Canadian Best Buys soon - Amazon removing multiple things from Prime doesn't make anyone want to keep their subscription.

Collectors editors are a bigger waste of money that pretty much anything...

It really depends on the game - if it's worth it for the buyer, it's not a waste.

I can agree some are really bad, but some are truly limited and contain cool collectibles.

Regardless, why are they doing this? Won't this kill collectible version sales on their store?

Sweet Ivy

Amazon offer of E3 20%off says "one per customer", has anyone tried to order more than 1 copy?
I am just interested in ordering two copies of co-op games, nothing fancy, but in case I'll have to order one at Amazon and the other at Best Buy.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I just discovered my University Staff e-mail counts as a student e-mail for Amazon Prime purposes. Awesome.

Now I'm just gonna buy everything off Amazon except... NHL18. Because it's still 79.99. And because I have a gift card from best buy I'll never use otherwise...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Amazon offer of E3 20%off says "one per customer", has anyone tried to order more than 1 copy?
I am just interested in ordering two copies of co-op games, nothing fancy, but in case I'll have to order one at Amazon and the other at Best Buy.
Oh damn, I didn't see this. Well, this isn't good considering I already made one order that doesn't have everything in it..

EDIT: I'm on the Amazon page and I don't see that though?

diaspora

Hm. My haul is going to be thin this year. I've largely given up on Sony so right now I'm at:
  1. Anthem
  2. Destiny 2
  3. TEW2
  4. Wolfenstein
  5. NBA2k18 Switch

kevin1025

Banned
I just discovered my University Staff e-mail counts as a student e-mail for Amazon Prime purposes. Awesome.

Now I'm just gonna buy everything off Amazon except... NHL18. Because it's still 79.99. And because I have a gift card from best buy I'll never use otherwise...

Oh damn, I didn't see this. Well, this isn't good considering I already made one order that doesn't have everything in it..

EDIT: I'm on the Amazon page and I don't see that though?

Wait, are they pulling that crap again where all the 20% orders have to be in a single order? The language in their Here's How section kind of sounds like that.

diaspora

Why did you give up on Sony? Just wondering, they have been amazing this gen.

Their library isn't good enough to justify my ownership of the system. Switch's library is obviously worse but I've given it some latitude in being able to play it on the go.

Strange days. I'm having to double order everything multi-platform on both Xbox and PS4 as I'm planning on getting a Xbox One X and will have to wait until close to release to see which version is better (PS4 Pro or XBox One X).

Uggggggh!

Crash is back to $50 on Amazon.

Also, Final Fantasy XII is not on the list of eligible titles for the promotion. Weird.

EDIT: It's on the list, but I'm not seeing the 20% off when I attempt to place an order.

Yeah, this is confusing me. I wanted to pre-order it earlier and saw it on the list, but a discount is never applied. I'll probably try Amazon Support to see if they can get it applied.

"Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger."

im....curious.

diaspora

You must have incredibly high standards, haha. Or a lot of games aren't your thing.

No, it's just Sony doesn't have many exclusives that I think justify ownership of the system. I actually only have NBA2k16 on it at this point. I've already traded in Horizon, and FFXV, and swapped P5 for Steam credit and I get most non-console games on CDKeys or the Humble Store now.

kevin1025

Banned
No, it's just Sony doesn't have many exclusives that I think justify ownership of the system. I actually only have NBA2k16 on it at this point. I've already traded in Horizon, and FFXV, and swapped P5 for Steam credit and I get most non-console games on CDKeys or the Humble Store now.

Ah, cool. I have so much piling up and so much stuff pre-ordered, I was taken aback by it. But when you factor in PC, it can definitely eat up some of their stuff. But for me, there's enough beyond PC/PS4 shared games that I've never been more pleased with a console.

No, they're not, don't worry.

When things are looking up, I'm always looking out for something bad to take it away, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom