• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

krae_man

Best Buy has said that their discount should automatically adjust if the price drops, so if you don't want to deal with Amazon CSRs, they're an option, too.

Did they say the 20% will be automatically applied if a lower MSRP is announced? Or that you would get the lower of the 20% discount and the new MSRP?

Kyolux

I love that the Spider-man game is very much a comic book game, not a MCU tie in thing.

Didn't expect one of the first villains to be revealed to be a Dan Slott created character.

edit: Also that Miles hints at the end + and with what happens to Spidey at the end of the helicopter bit, I think we might be playing a chunk of the game as Miles dealing with an evil version of Spidey..

Madness

Too lazy to read through if mentioned. Apologies. What is best place to get Destiny 2, Battlefront 2 etc. Amazon or Best Buy. I don't know if I want to save money but receive my games like 12 days after launch. Also, why the hell is Super Mario Odyssey almost $100 on Amazon?

Diagol

So uh, anyone STILL have their $39.99 KH3 Futureshop/BB orders from moons ago?

yall the real mvp

wish kept mine :(

I still do! It's the very last game that I have pre-ordered from Future Shop.

I think that was....4 years ago?? They need to hurry and finish making the game already!

Too lazy to read through if mentioned. Apologies. What is best place to get Destiny 2, Battlefront 2 etc. Amazon or Best Buy. I don't know if I want to save money but receive my games like 12 days after launch. Also, why the hell is Super Mario Odyssey almost $100 on Amazon?

With Walmart you can save money and according to some people here, get it on time.

I've never pre-ordered from them so I have no idea.

Fularu

Banned
I hope Walmart adds Nintendo's games tomorrow after the event so that we can get proper discounts on Pokemon, Pokken, Mario and Rabbids and so on.

NYR

I hope Walmart adds Nintendo's games tomorrow after the event so that we can get proper discounts on Pokemon, Pokken, Mario and Rabbids and so on.
Isn't their conference dedicated to 2017 games only? You'll likely get 1/3 taken up by Mario. Don't set your expectations.

Saprol

Dang, retailers knocked another $10 off Horizon. I wanted to do that $100 PSN deal with the PS+ sub and Horizon. What to do about the sub then? 🤔

Fularu

Banned
Isn't their conference dedicated to 2017 games only? You'll likely get 1/3 taken up by Mario. Don't set your expectations.

I just listed a bunch of games I want for 50$ that come out this year (or 35-40$ in the case of Pokemon).

Rest is just gravy

JDH

You know, I can see you looking at my spreadsheet. The least you can do is tell me whether or not I wasted my time compiling that.

Spreadsheet? Could you post it again? I missed it! I love spreadsheets!

Edit: 2 pages back, found it.
Edit 2: wow, looks god! Thanks for putting that together. Why do some not have prices though?

Anth0ny

never in a million years did I think i'd come out of today only wanting to add one game to the pre-orders list

THE FUCKING RABBIDS MARIO CROSSOVER

and I might cancel spiderman... shit was all QTEs.

Just a heads up for anyone preordering on Walmart.ca who also might be getting The Evil Within 2, they have PC copies of TEW1 for $5. Steam currently lists it at $26. Granted it will probably be 70-80% off during Steam Summer Sale, but this is a box copy that comes with a CD Key that can be redeemed on Steam also. Not quite worth it to get it on its own b/c there is a $5 "order processing" fee if you get it just by itself, but if you combo it with a preorder its worth it. Since WM is the only place that has AC:Origins I'm getting those together. I'll probably just cancel the AC preorder later anyway.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Just a heads up for anyone preordering on Walmart.ca who also might be getting The Evil Within 2, they have PC copies of TEW1 for $5. Steam currently lists it at $26. Granted it will probably be 70-80% off during Steam Summer Sale, but this is a box copy that comes with a CD Key that can be redeemed on Steam also. Not quite worth it to get it on its own b/c there is a $5 "order processing" fee if you get it just by itself, but if you combo it with a preorder its worth it. Since WM is the only place that has AC:Origins I'm getting those together. I'll probably just cancel the AC preorder later anyway.

Amazon has it too

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B071ZZLMGT/

Cmagus

Really hope Monster Hunter goes up on Best Buy I wanna pre-order it at the discount.I think that's all I'm gonna pre-order this year. *edit never mind they just added it with a bunch of other games*

i-Jest

Really hope Monster Hunter goes up on Best Buy I wanna pre-order it at the discount.I think that's all I'm gonna pre-order this year. *edit never mind they just added it with a bunch of other games*

Monster Hunter World was already posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom