• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Makes sense, they aren't going to pay you $8 to play the game :p

Lol yeah but i would have normally seen them adjust the stacked discount to reflect the adjusted price, not essentially remove the discount and give me the correct one. Oh well. It's not a big deal.

The Walmart promo is intentional, so buy those with confidence (unless you don't like their ecommerce setup, which is totally fair). Amazon has price-matched many of those $50 games, those should be fine to buy as well. All glitches from earlier this week seem to be fixed, so the best you can expect going forward for anything Walmart doesn't put on sale for $50 are the blanket 20% promos at Amazon and Best Buy.

I don't think anyone's reported earlier orders getting their discounts fixed, so so far so good. Amazon's are likely to stick. Others may not, but we'll see when ARMS ships.

I could see best buy canning those stacked discount orders pretty quickly but who knows.

Stat!

I feel like one of the few who didn't love the Nintendo conference. Mario/Yoshi/Kirby were awesome but Metroid/Pokemon were kinda lame announcements. We don't even know if they are 2019 or if they decided last week to start making it. Would have loved a new Smash or Animal Crossing in particular. I must be missing the hype for Skyrim/Rocket League on Switch. At this point, you have probably played it and wont pick it up again, no?

Oh well, just waiting on NHL 18 to go to 50. Or Mario Oddysey to go back in stock.

Kyolux

Well, glad I didn't get a switch. This was pretty disappointing. Metroid prime 4 is good news, but we didn't see anything.

Mario looked good this January, but this? I'm not sure what I just watched.

SickBoy

The coolest thing about Rocket League Switch IMO is the possibility it brings about for local network play. If I knew people with Switches, it would be super cool.

Some of those announcements were clearly just to please the fanbase (Metroid, Pokemon)... they're not for me, but the existence of those games ticks a couple boxes that a lot of people want to see ticked off.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
The coolest thing about Rocket League Switch IMO is the possibility it brings about for local network play. If I knew people with Switches, it would be super cool.

Some of those announcements were clearly just to please the fanbase (Metroid, Pokemon)... they're not for me, but the existence of those games ticks a couple boxes that a lot of people want to see ticked off.

Yeah they saw the backlash against Ultra Sun/Moon so they pretty much had to confirm something for Switch to calm the fanbase down. Metroid getting confirmed is good too to ease the fanbase suffering.

I hated how they announced it though, even a 15 second teaser would have sufficed.

On the other hand, getting Mario Odyssey for $50 feels like a steal. That game looks so amazing.

Totally fine with what was showed.

Confirmation for mainline Pokemon on switch is cool, MP4
logo
HYPE, Kirby and Yoshi games are usually really fun and Mario looks amazing.

People not satisfied with what is already released/announced for the switch will probably never be so keep complaining lol.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Does Walmart do release day delivery in the GTA?
Only things I've gotten from Walmart the last few years has been Amiibo and I've gotten them on Day 1 every time.

Possibility of a Rocket League tournament at a future Toronto-GAF meetup now.

I'm really disappointed Ori hasn't showed up on amazon yet. I know it doesn't completely rule out a physical release on release, but its not looking good.

Fuzzy

New Mario Amiibo. Could that $100 listing be a Mario Amiibo bundle like some thought? Are we lucky Walmart buyers getting that bundle for only $50? I'm happy at $50 for just the game but will be ecstatic if it includes the Amiibo.

New Mario Amiibo. Could that $100 listing be a Mario Amiibo bundle like some thought? Are we lucky Walmart buyers getting that bundle for only $50? I'm happy at $50 for just the game but will be ecstatic if it includes the Amiibo.
I still think $99 was just a placeholder. I'd love to get one of the amiibos included, though! Will definitely be getting all three either way.

It blows my mind people still think it could be an amiibo bundle and not exchange rate protection

Fuzzy

It blows my mind people still think it could be an amiibo bundle and not exchange rate protection
Exchange rate protection doesn't make sense though. The dollar would have to crater in a major way to get anywhere near that. We're talking a 15 cent drop over the next few months.

NYR

If it was one store, sure. But both Best Buy and Amazon are doing it. Other Switch games just announced are listed at $80.

Something is up and it is likely Nintendo driven. Wal Mart hasn't re stocked.

khaaan

I feel like this year was kind of a bust outside of price errors (which I didn't take advantage of). Like waiting for the games to drop in price is a better decision than launch day deals. The $50 stuff was great but unfortunately most of it is not stuff I'm interested in :(

Being a Nintendo fan is harsh on your wallet.

Anthem and Metroid = E3 2018
Would the 20% stack with future deals on Best Buy or Amazon? I have Anthem ordered on Amazon right now, but if I pre-ordered on BB and they offer the game for $49 next year, do you think I could keep the 20% off at that new price? (same for Amazon)

I feel like this year was kind of a bust outside of price errors (which I didn't take advantage of). Like waiting for the games to drop in price is a better decision than launch day deals. The $50 stuff was great but unfortunately most of it is not stuff I'm interested in :(

Being a Nintendo fan is harsh on your wallet.

Did you at least order Mario for 50 bucks?

kevin1025

Banned
Mario, Assassin's Creed, and Wolfenstein on the same day. What is with this year?!

(Assassin's Creed is totally jumping into November, platform difference or not.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom