• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cake Boss

Banned
yo fams, when does this $49.99 deal end for both Amazon and Walmart?

Walmart finally has NHL 18 up and its $49.99, Amazon has it but $79.99

Kiro

So can't find sotc or last of us 2(expected) on Amazon. Also will these 49.96 games actually stand?

49.96 walmart and amazon price matches will.

40% off deals from Amazon probably will.

40-60% off deals from Best Buy probably won't, but who knows for sure.

Madden seems like it might become $49. Price is hidden on Walmart buy still is 79 in cart

My double discount order from. Best Buy with ARMs has a shipping ID (though says I haven't been charged yet) so seems I may get it with the double discount

Deadly

So the "bilingual" version of Destiny 2 is 49.96 on Amazon and but it also says that it's eligible for the 20% off E3 that applies during checkout. Is this some kind of error? Sounds way too good to be true :lol

Waiting for Code Vein. SOTC, NNK2, Monster Hunter World to hit 49 at amazon

I will be shocked if this happens. I know Walmart's been adding to the $50 promo this year, unlike previous (last?) year, but these seem too niche for Walmart to bother with. I hope they do, though!

So the "bilingual" version of Destiny 2 is 49.96 on Amazon and but it also says that it's eligible for the 20% off E3 that applies during checkout. Is this some kind of error? Sounds way too good to be true :lol

If you add to cart it doesn't work, no dice

Stat!

Still annoyed that I missed out on Super Mario. I assume NHL 18 might be different but who knows with Amazon?

Looks like Super Lucky's Tale was set back to $39.99 on amazon.. and they also edited my order and adjusted the $48.00 discount that I originally had and set it back to the correct $8.00. Anyone have this happen to theirs?

killroy87

Looks like Super Lucky's Tale was set back to $39.99 on amazon.. and they also edited my order and adjusted the $48.00 discount that I originally had and set it back to the correct $8.00. Anyone have this happen to theirs?

Yup. Makes sense, they aren't going to pay you $8 to play the game :p

Dunlop

Amazon only charges for pre orders when shipped?

Also can they be cancelled before shipping?

Bunch of games I want, will almost certainly get Destiny digital but want to add it just in case

killroy87

How's NHL looking this year? I think I last played 15?

Haha to be fair, we've only seen a one minute teaser. To my knowledge, they haven't actually shown the game off yet. That said, NHL hasn't had more than incremental upgrades since like 2008, when the skill stick was introduces. If you haven't played in years, than at $49 it's probably a good deal. If you play it every year? You know if you want it or not.

jcutner

Anyone know how to update an old Future Shop pre-order? I've had Crackdown pre-ordered since E3 2014, and I keep getting reminders about it.

I'll need to update the credit card and shipping address. I assume if I contact Best Buy? Or will they need to cancel the order, and do it again?

killroy87

Anyone know how to update an old Future Shop pre-order? I've had Crackdown pre-ordered since E3 2014, and I keep getting reminders about it.

I'll need to update the credit card and shipping address. I assume if I contact Best Buy? Or will they need to cancel the order, and do it again?

Call Best Buy

F4r0_Atak

I am not sure but I think Knack 2 will be digital only... Mark Cerny's phrasing:

Gamers will have the chance to go hands-on this entire week at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles, and pre-orders will be live soon at PlayStation Store.

Did they announce a physical copy for this game? I already checked Amazon.ca and .com and Bestbuy.ca and .com. only BestBuy.com has it but at the wrong price... which made me think: is it possible it could be digital-only?

NYR

Just call Best Buy and mention it is an old Future Shop order.

Last time I called though, they couldn't pull up my order. Thankfully, I paid with a gift card. I wanted to switch to a credit card so I could use the balance of the gift card on another Best Buy purchase.

I am not sure but I think Knack 2 will be digital only... Mark Cerny's phrasing:

Did they announce a physical copy for this game? 8 already Amazon.ca and .com and Bestbuy.ca and .com. only BestBuy.com has it but at the wrong price... which made me think: is it possible it could be digital-only?

Cerny just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Knack culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it...

killroy87

Don't they usually promote other retailers with their other big AAA games.

I don't think so? Unless they have a specific retailer partnership, I have no idea why Cerny in that context (a pre-show interview) would call out a specific retailer.

Moral of the story though, Knack 2 is 100% a retail title. It's available for pre-order and everything.

jokkir

I haven't been keeping up. Where's the best and cheapest place to get pre-orders on games announced at E3? I used the Amazon glitch before so I guess the games aren't $50 anymore? Whata bout Walmart? Are they sticking to the $50 games?

I haven't been keeping up. Where's the best and cheapest place to get pre-orders on games announced at E3? I used the Amazon glitch before so I guess the games aren't $50 anymore? Whata bout Walmart? Are they sticking to the $50 games?

The Walmart promo is intentional, so buy those with confidence (unless you don't like their ecommerce setup, which is totally fair). Amazon has price-matched many of those $50 games, those should be fine to buy as well. All glitches from earlier this week seem to be fixed, so the best you can expect going forward for anything Walmart doesn't put on sale for $50 are the blanket 20% promos at Amazon and Best Buy.

I don't think anyone's reported earlier orders getting their discounts fixed, so so far so good. Amazon's are likely to stick. Others may not, but we'll see when ARMS ships.

dcelw540

The Walmart promo is intentional, so buy those with confidence (unless you don't like their ecommerce setup, which is totally fair). Amazon has price-matched many of those $50 games, those should be fine to buy as well. All glitches from earlier this week seem to be fixed, so the best you can expect going forward for anything Walmart doesn't put on sale for $50 are the blanket 20% promos at Amazon and Best Buy.

I don't think anyone's reported earlier orders getting their discounts fixed, so so far so good. Amazon's are likely to stick. Others may not, but we'll see when ARMS ships.

What deals were fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom