• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

I feel like this year was kind of a bust outside of price errors (which I didn't take advantage of). Like waiting for the games to drop in price is a better decision than launch day deals. The $50 stuff was great but unfortunately most of it is not stuff I'm interested in :(

Being a Nintendo fan is harsh on your wallet.
Walmart stepped up. Everyone else dropped the ball. 'Nuff said.

AAK

I'm too lazy to research, can someone post which e3 pre order deal is better between the Best Buy rewards zone pre-orders vs Amazon Prime pre-orders?

Thanks in advance

ohlawd

Cool, so the only difference is quantity? The magnitude of the sale is the same (assuming you're preordering <8 games)?

yeah

you might get a freak price glitch like sub $20 Xenoblade X a couple years ago. if you want that, order from Amazon.

still ordering from Best Buy (when they put up the shit I want, fuck) cuz I don't have to pay for a scam to get release day delivery lol

So you need Prime to get the pre-order deal now...? -_-

I tried just now with Cave Story Switch and I still get the 20% off at the checkout page

Metroid CE and the Metroid amiibo. Good heavens. What a day so far.

v0MEfWo.png

You don't say

I got 16 games I want to pre-order that don't fall under the 50 bucks games. You think I should just suck it up and pre-order with 20% off using Amazon. Or best to wait a little while longer to wait for further possible deals?

Grimsen

I got 16 games I want to pre-order that don't fall under the 50 bucks games. You think I should just suck it up and pre-order with 20% off using Amazon. Or best to wait a little while longer to wait for further possible deals?

There is zero downside to preordering now.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I need all that Metroid goodness.

Help me leeman, you're our only hope.

SickBoy

Dear Walmart: Your one job this week is to restock Splatoon 2 and list Mario + Rabbids at $50, at a time when I'm not totally occupied with something else.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
If they already have 20% deals there's no reason to wait. You can always cancel if you see a better deal somewhere else.

Kiro

If i preorder metroid/kirby/yoshi from amazon with out the E3 discount. Will it get applied later automatically?

That's one way to kill my hype.

I'm sure they'll be $79 once the release date is closer, but I don't appreciate the reminder of how terrible our dollar is.

Yeah I just preordered the three new Switch games on Amazon. Not risking a potential $100 price hike down the line. Holy shit that is ridiculous.

If i preorder metroid/kirby/yoshi from amazon with out the E3 discount. Will it get applied later automatically?

No the 20% won't. I had to cancel my pre-orders without the 20% and do it again when it popped up for yesterday's titles. For me the price only updated on titles that had its actual price reduced (ie. $30 off).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom