• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Honestly would rather pay an extra 20 Canadian for the CE than sit glued to my computer waiting for it to come up. Realistically it is going to be 65-69+ tax here. Hopefully I'll be around when amazon puts it up and I can cancel this order.
If it doesn't get 20% off at BB.ca then I doubt I'll get it if it's $65-70 + tax considering the discounted non-CE is $40 + tax. That's a lot extra for just a CD.

1337Sauce

If it doesn't get 20% off at BB.ca then I doubt I'll get it if it's $65-70 + tax considering the discounted non-CE is $40 + tax. That's a lot extra for just a CD.

Well content wise it isn't worth it. But I mean if you collect Metroid or Nintendo CEs in general like I do then it isn't THAT THAT bad IMO.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Until when does the Walmart 50.- promo last? I wanna wait as long as possible to wait for an Amazon match of NHL18 before pre-ordering through walmart...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Until when does the Walmart 50.- promo last? I wanna wait as long as possible to wait for an Amazon match of NHL18 before pre-ordering through walmart...
And then if it goes out of stock on Walmart and Amazon never matches it you'll kick yourself. Just order it from Walmart and ship it for free to your nearest Canada Post outlet.

i-Jest

Is it once per item, or can I apply it over multiple items in a single order?

Multiple games in a single order.

Say it was the maximum number, which is 8 games in an order, then it can be applied to all those games. Just enter the code in the promo field and all 8 in the order should get a 20% discount.

This code can be used for up to 8 separate orders. The maximum number of games per order being 8.

Ventara

Think I've preordered everything I'd want, save Mario & Luigi: SS, Metroid 2 SE and the 3 Atlus games. Hoping for Best Buy to put them up. I might just preorder the Atlus games from Amazon.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
The amiibo and Metroid CE will go up in the middle of the night when we're all sleeping

chrono01

So the hot items to watch out for are Metroid CE and various amiibos right? Has any of them gone up yet?
As with all Nintendo Limited Editions, I can't wait for the Metroid Samus Returns CE to go up on Amazon randomly in a few weeks time at 3AM in the morning only for it to sell out in five minutes and never be restocked.

jholmes

Is there confirmation that this is in fact a special edition of the Metroid 2 remake, and not just that first editions come with the CD soundtrack in a sleeve?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
How's the stock situation with the Switch nowadays? With Metroid announced I'm gonna need one.

Still sold out almost everywhere. I think there's gonna be stock issues for the rest of the year, especially with Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey months apart.

How's the stock situation with the Switch nowadays? With Metroid announced I'm gonna need one.

There was a decent spike when Mario Kart 8 Deluxe came out but things have slowed back down since then. There might be more restocks in a couple days when ARMS is out, definitely next month when Splatoon 2 is.

kevin1025

Banned
There might be a good chunk of Switch stock on Friday coming with ARMS, kind of like when Mario Kart hit. But that's just me totally guessing.

There was a decent spike when Mario Kart 8 Deluxe came out but things have slowed back down since then. There might be more restocks in a couple days when ARMS is out, definitely next month when Splatoon 2 is.

Yep, if not with ARMS, Splatoon 2 will probably see a lot of stock.

Try checking your local Shoppers Drug Marts. I've seen some just sitting there.
Also try refreshing the map on the EB Games website, that's how I got mine, the local one near me went green, I called and asked them to hold it for me and they did.

Sweet Ivy

Still no discount for Vampyr on Amazon (can't even find it on Walmart and Best Buy) so I'll probably not even pre-order.
I want to support them, but not at 79.99 and November is already gonna be brutal, so I'll probably wishlist it on Steam.

etta

my hard graphic balls
So it's safe to order a TV from Amazon, they won't leave it at the door until I get back from work?
I really want to get that X900E in preparation for all the 4K goodness coming to Xbox and PS4.

So it's safe to order a TV from Amazon, they won't leave it at the door until I get back from work?
I really want to get that X900E in preparation for all the 4K goodness coming to Xbox and PS4.

If they do it's not your fault if it goes missing lol, they'd have to be pretty damn stupid >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom