• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

i-Jest

I have a question. How has importing from Yes Asia been for Canuck GAF? I'm giving serious consideration to buying from them.

Clive

I have a question. How has importing from Yes Asia been for Canuck GAF? I'm giving serious consideration to buying from them.

Importing from Asia in general is a bit of a test of patience for Canadians unless you use a courier like FedEx for example. Feels like Japan is excluded from this hassle "sometimes". For whatever reason, the process between the item reaching the Canadian border and being put into Canada Post's regular mailing system is very slow.

Check some recent shipping times in this RFD thread:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/mail-processing-canada-customs-slow-711375/223/

So, if you order from Asia, seemingly South East Asia and China in particular, either pay extra for express shipping (increases your chance to be forced to pay duties though) or be prepared to wait for months.

On the topic of Yes Asia, I have used them once a long time ago and it went absolutely fine. Not sure how long I had to wait for it but I am sure it was delivered properly.

teeg

^ Check your local Walmart stores. I've picked up both Star Fox Zero and Mario Tennis ultra Smash for $9.96 each. I also found Just Dance 2014 for Wii U with a bundled Wii Remote Plus for $5 at one of the stores.

Anyone here having trouble with their FF12 order from Amazon?

Mine is still not yet shipped, MIA, and now it says delivery won't be until next Wednesday. Prime member too.

Whyyyy

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Anyone has experience ordering PC components from Vuugo?

I ordered a mini-ITX ryzen ASRock board last friday, they still have not even shipped the thing, even after contacting support 2 days ago.

Cmon ..

Whales

Banned
also having some amazon issues too.

Some stuff I ordered says ''excepted 11 jul'' and excepted 12 jul even if we're the 13th now lol

they probably have their hands full due to prime day and its slowing everything down

i-Jest

Importing from Asia in general is a bit of a test of patience for Canadians unless you use a courier like FedEx for example. Feels like Japan is excluded from this hassle "sometimes". For whatever reason, the process between the item reaching the Canadian border and being put into Canada Post's regular mailing system is very slow.

Check some recent shipping times in this RFD thread:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/mail-processing-canada-customs-slow-711375/223/

So, if you order from Asia, seemingly South East Asia and China in particular, either pay extra for express shipping (increases your chance to be forced to pay duties though) or be prepared to wait for months.

On the topic of Yes Asia, I have used them once a long time ago and it went absolutely fine. Not sure how long I had to wait for it but I am sure it was delivered properly.

Thank you for the input. I'm use to waiting a while for packages to come, so the wait time doesn't bother me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone get Destiny 2 beta access codes from Amazon yet?

Trying to get this beta pre-loaded before my data cap resets..

EDIT: NVM looks like I got it in my e-mail when I made the initial order.

khaaan

Sorry was just wondering if anyone else knew what was going on. Contacting Amazon is always a painful ordeal for me so I try to avoid it. I'll just be patient

Sometimes when people hit a product hard, some people get delays in their order. What you described doesn't sound particularly weird unless it's estimating your order in the range of months. You can try shooting Amazon a message but all they might offer is a one month extension on your Prime. What do you mean by MIA though?

Sometimes when people hit a product hard, some people get delays in their order. What you described doesn't sound particularly weird unless it's estimating your order in the range of months. You can try shooting Amazon a message but all they might offer is a one month extension on your Prime. What do you mean by MIA though?

I just mean there was no explanation or email. Usually I get something like 'we are having trouble fulfilling your order' or to that effect.

I might just send them an inquiry email, it's not a rush I was just curious if it was a specific issue with this game. Im not stranger to Amazon's shipping shenanigans :p

Can anyone recommend a good Bluetooth adapter for PC? Interested in getting one, particularly for using Switch Pro controller

contrary to reports, the switch pro controller does not really work on pc, the analogs are fucked up on pc and i couldnt get the controller to properly work with steam

DVCY201

Amazon keeps sending me dented Blu Rays and Games, FFXII Steelbook is the latest victim. What do the employees do? Throw inventory at each other?

Also, do I need to keep Prime for the discounts applied to my order by the time they ship?

zroid

Banned
Very few people seem to use the kiosks at the one near me. I bet App penetration is even worse.

I don't even bother with drive-thru anymore since the kiosks. The drive-thru line is almost always long and it's rare that all the kiosks are occupied at a given time. So much faster.

Amazon keeps sending me dented Blu Rays and Games, FFXII Steelbook is the latest victim. What do the employees do? Throw inventory at each other?

Also, do I need to keep Prime for the discounts applied to my order by the time they ship?

In theory, yes. In practice, people have reported getting the discounts after their subscription expires. YMMV.

Sealtest

the worst part about it is that if you complain too much about them messing up your products they can close your account for abuse.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Did anyone who preordered Destiny 2 from Walmart get a beta code yet?

Do you have any tutorial links to reference? I'd love to learn how to do this.
https://newagesoldier.com/make-your-own-amiibo/

It's easy if you have an Android phone with NFC. Which is why I was asking for recommendations for cheap phones a few days ago. lol

Has anyone here bought those amiibo cards from eBay? I want the set for BOTW but don't know what I'm looking for.
I just bought a set of Zelda cards, because it's actually cheaper than buying the blank cards yourself. Maybe there's one of those alibaba places that you can buy the cards for pennies each instead of a couple of bucks.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
It's going to be pretty much the same price everywhere at launch.

Your best bet was getting in on those E3 deals.
Hmm. Too bad.

Why trade your Pro Controller? I imagine the trade value is somewhere in the $15 range. Not worth it, in my opinion.
You two should talk.
Instead, I'll try to sell on the B/S/T thread with a priority to kennan since a PM was sent to him and he's in Canada.

firelogic

The fine print says you need to order while you have Prime and still have Prime when it ships. However, there have been numerous cases where the Prime discount and shipping still applied when something shipped after Prime expired. The thing is, you can't really complain if it doesn't because it's in writing.

jzbluz

I used it a few years back, and decided to pay extra for shipping. I got the game like two days later, and didn't pay any duties or taxes. I was impressed since I only payed like $5 for shipping. YMMV though.

Not to alarm anyone, but the dollar's the highest it's been since a year and a half.

I guess ignorance is bliss because I hadn't noticed when our dollar got below 0.79 cents.

etta

my hard graphic balls
What the hell men the Switch is not that comfortable to play laying down. A bit heavy and flat to hold, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ventara

What the hell men the Switch is not that comfortable to play laying down. A bit heavy and flat to hold, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Grab another pillow and create a sort of half rest. Optimal way to get some portable gaming done before bed. Easy on the arms and neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom