• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blam

It came in an email.

Basically trade your PS4 for a slim, or an Xbox for the Xbox S or whatever it is called, for a $99 upgrade fee. The Xbox trade in stacks with another promotion, where you get the latest fast and furious movie and an extra controller with a system bundle (forza console bundle, or something else), which makes it great.

I traded in my PS4 for a slim. You also should get the 1TB system even if you traded in a 500 GB system, but YMMV. People have also been able to trade in their old PS4 and get the pro for 230~, but YMMV

4-170713.jpg

Here are the XB bundles: https://www.ebgames.ca/SearchResult/QuickSearchHeaderPlatform?platform=52&promotions=true. As I said, you also get a controller and the Fast and Furious movie on blu-ray if you trade in a Xbox

I seriously need to do this before it ends.

i-Jest

some Nintendo stuff on sale

$70 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe / save $10
$30 7th Dragon III Code: VFD / save $15 (fucking worth. RPG with a lot of team composition possibilities and fair difficulty)
$10 Final Fantasy Explorers / save $15 (out of stock online tho, try in store)
$30 Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse / save $25 (also OOS, go to your local store)
and other stuff

I was hoping Amazon would price match but with SMT4A OOS, I doubt I'll happen now.

Undertale physical regular and collector's edition PC / PS4 / Vita pre-orders are up on Fangamer

https://www.fangamer.com/products/undertale-ps4-vita

Do they charge credit cards when the item ships or once purchased?

You can copy save data to USB storage. I haven't experimented with it though so I don't know if it's a smooth procedure.

I did a back up to usb harddrive back when they had the PS4 Pro promotion and everything seemed to work great. Even took over my P.T install. Just remember to deactivate your ps4 before trading it in.

Madness

Bought this for 55 CAD from cdkeys, still haven't played past the tutorial...

That is what people don't get. It isn't the price keeping people from playing and enjoying. It is just not a very fun game. If you ignore a lot of the sidequest stuff you could get some enjoyment from the main quest, loyalty missions. But it isn't a game you enjoy as a wham-bam thank you ma'am. It is a chore at times, slog through tens and tens of hours of crap.

Early buyers got nothing but a few cosmetic items. I will never preorder or buy a BioWare game day one again.

Anyone know of where I can get a decent priced Beats Studio Wireless 2.0 headphones? Reg is $399, sale is $269, and RFDers were getting it for like $110 last year from the source? Then there's "recertified" but I can't tell where exactly these came from.

FN-2187

It came in an email.

Basically trade your PS4 for a slim, or an Xbox for the Xbox S or whatever it is called, for a $99 upgrade fee. The Xbox trade in stacks with another promotion, where you get the latest fast and furious movie and an extra controller with a system bundle (forza console bundle, or something else), which makes it great.

I traded in my PS4 for a slim. You also should get the 1TB system even if you traded in a 500 GB system, but YMMV. People have also been able to trade in their old PS4 and get the pro for 230~, but YMMV

I wonder how much trade you get for a Kinect... I have an OG XBO with a Kinect. I am tempted by this deal, but I love the Kinect purely as an IR blaster. I am nervous about upgrading to an S or an X in case the integrated IR blaster doesn't work as well as the Kinect one...

MrHectarPeabody

Neo Member
Would anyone have any recommendations for ISP's in Whitby, ON? I just recently purchased a home in the area and move in the middle of September. I am a bit eager to get everything in order, and was hoping to see what's out there.

Would anyone have any recommendations? I don't think I'll be buying cable so we'll be looking for it to be fast enough for gaming as well as streaming.

Thanks in advance!

c-murph

savage

Sad to see a Canadian studio game drop this fast.

Yeah, I know. AAA titles are a complete gamble nowaday. Most hope they can release an unfinished product and fix it through patches and sell the bigger parts to you through dlc. Guess the system works for some.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I didn't receive it yet but gonna complain until I get it lol. Will either sell it for profit or return it

Realized that the add was false but couldn't cancel. Ended up ordering hyperx clouds too
Got mine today and they gave me a prime extension. I guess that's better than nothing.

FN-2187

Would anyone have any recommendations for ISP's in Whitby, ON? I just recently purchased a home in the area and move in the middle of September. I am a bit eager to get everything in order, and was hoping to see what's out there.

Would anyone have any recommendations? I don't think I'll be buying cable so we'll be looking for it to be fast enough for gaming as well as streaming.

Thanks in advance!

TekSavvy

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I asked the same. I didn't even see the NES Mini anywhere and it got discontinued. I'll never give a scalper the satisfaction so I hope I can get an SNES Mini somehow.
Apparently the issue is getting FCC certified or something, which is why it hasn't gone up for preorder in NA.

Ryde3

my Astro a40 + MixAmp from the Amazone Prime sale arrived today without the MixAmp (as we all suspected.)

spoke to Amazon on the phone and got them to adjust the price on an order for the actual Astro a40 + Mixamp so I'm not paying an extra, but the downside is that it's back ordered for a month or 2.

happy that they're taking care of it but it took me escalating it to a phone call and some time to get it done, plus the wait.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
my Astro a40 + MixAmp from the Amazone Prime sale arrived today without the MixAmp (as we all suspected.)

spoke to Amazon on the phone and got them to adjust the price on an order for the actual Astro a40 + Mixamp so I'm not paying an extra, but the downside is that it's back ordered for a month or 2.

happy that they're taking care of it but it took me escalating it to a phone call and some time to get it done, plus the wait.

Oh wow, they are giving you the actual thing for the same price? I don't think I care enough to try that though. lol

Gitaroo

savage

Sad to see a Canadian studio game drop this fast.

More savage for any Canadian made games to price the same as USD equivalent when they come here to take advantage of tax credit and receive our government funding. All ubi games should be 59.99 CAD not a penny more. Same we lots of EA games and others.

The Source has an XB1S bundled with the Halo Collection on sale for $299 (+ $25 off with the newsletter code)

Someone please reassure me that I do not need to buy this right now, and can wait until September or October to get a bundle just as good for the same price.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Wait, can you have online-only things shipped to a Best Buy location and do financing since that’s only available in-store?
I’d rather just get the 1080 Ti on a 3 month plan then, much easier to swallow.

i-Jest

Really tempted to get this. I also want Remastered but that's not going to happen unless there's a reprint.

Yeah, if Sony or Amazon doesn't reissue a reprint then I'll chill with the digital version. I'm not paying scalper prices for a disc. Fuck that and fuck them.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'm tempted at that price despite its story and my current backlog of games

Ask yourself why its $20 less than 4 months after release.

Not to mention down to $20 from $80, not from $60.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Man, I have this weird urge that creeps up everytime I see you post anywhere on the forums, to just avatar quote whatever you wrote, no matter the context.

It just fits in every situation!

You're welcome to avatar quote me to your hearts content as long as you let the copycats know they're not allowed to rock my Feature Length avatar.

It came in an email.

4-170713.jpg

Here are the XB bundles: https://www.ebgames.ca/SearchResult/QuickSearchHeaderPlatform?platform=52&promotions=true. As I said, you also get a controller and the Fast and Furious movie on blu-ray if you trade in a Xbox

And my return, gst and trillium have all just come in as well. Trudeau paying for my vidya

Bronetta

Any of y'all play Rainbow 6 Siege?

R6 Siege is awesome.

Bonus points for dragging me away from Overwatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom