• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are braindead! I had a one day delivery today from Amazon, I even had a huge sign on my door "Everyone is home Purolator please ring the doorbell" nope they marked it delivered, left it fucking outside... my neighbour found the box and gave it to me. I called them on it, every time it's issues with them and I hate having to drive to Pickering over their mistakes, how can they be too lazy to push a damn button?!
I dont know about you guys but whenever I see purolator as my delivery service I get excited. Games always come either on launch day or a day later from amazon (on free shipping none the less) and always around 8:30 in the morning. Canada post and fedex though, id have better luck with a kindergarten class as a delivery service.

I dont know about you guys but whenever I see purolator as my delivery service I get excited. Games always come either on launch day or a day later from amazon (on free shipping none the less) and always around 8:30 in the morning. Canada post and fedex though, id have better luck with a kindergarten class as a delivery service.

once you have to deal with intelcom, you be happy canada post is the one delivering the package

Not sure - I could ask my landlord. Where would I put my consoles, though?

Ideally you still wall mount and then have a very small shelf for consoles.

Some tv stands come with a mount for the tv attached to the shelf itself so no need to use the wall.

Why wall mount? Eye level, better angle (wall mounts are adjustable for tilt), space saving.

Any suggestions for cheap TV benchs anywhere but IKEA?

Pfffft! Ikea for the win!
g7g2ZVE.jpg

EuEQkLp.jpg

4YIJnym.jpg
Messy kids for the loss!

There's nothing wrong with IKEA, I just don't live close to one. I'd have to drive to Vaughn which would be a four hour trip there and back. At that point, I might as well just pay the $20 for shipping or buy one of the more expensive units at Walmart, etc.

My gf just went through basically the same thing not 4 days ago, we ended up grabbing a cheapo tv stand from walmart for $100 that looks surprisingly decent https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/hometrends-espresso-hollow-core-tv-stand/6000196031521
I actually quite like this one! I have some extra stuff I wouldn't mind having on display. Right now, all I have to take with me when I move in a CD/DVD rack and a nightstand.

I'll keep this in mind, thanks.

There's nothing wrong with IKEA, I just don't live close to one. I'd have to drive to Vaughn which would be a four hour trip there and back. At that point, I might as well just pay the $20 for shipping or buy one of the more expensive units at Walmart, etc.

I actually quite like this one! I have some extra stuff I wouldn't mind having on display. Right now, all I have to take with me when I move in a CD/DVD rack and a nightstand.

I'll keep this in mind, thanks.
No prob, we were on a huge time crunch on wednesday looking for something to hold her new tv, sears was too expensive, jysk was mostly glass and all the thrift store stuff was too small so walmart kinda saved the day there.

Whenever I get Canada Post I'm happy they are the only ones that don't leave shit out in front of my door
Apartment?

Since moving to a house I now get very annoyed when I don't get stuff dropped at the door, which is now just fedex (can get it with repeat delivery) or Canada Post when the sender is stupid and says no safe drop.

Zzoram

Apartment?

Since moving to a house I now get very annoyed when I don't get stuff dropped at the door, which is now just fedex (can get it with repeat delivery) or Canada Post when the sender is stupid and says no safe drop.

It especially sucks if the nearest depot to pick up your parcel is 45 minutes drive away and only open during business hours :s
It's either have them leave it at the door or take a half day off work to get the parcel.

Canada Post isn't too bad because they have pickups at Shoppers Drug Marts everywhere, but UPS and FedEx don't.

KarmaCow

What are the chances the new 3DSes get a massive (over 50%) discount come black friday? I'm waffling over trading in my launch 3DS for the new 2DS XL to take advantage of that trade in promo even though I probably wouldn't even use it for a few months.

Ventara

What are the chances the new 3DSes get a massive (over 50%) discount come black friday? I'm waffling over trading in my launch 3DS for the new 2DS XL to take advantage of that trade in promo even though I probably wouldn't even use it for a few months.

Over 50%? Negative 10%, I'd say.

Go for the promo.

KJA

What's the best realistic price that I can get for selling/trading ARMS? I only played it once and I don't really have the motivation to play it again.

Ventara

What's the best realistic price that I can get for selling/trading ARMS? I only played it once and I don't really have the motivation to play it again.

I couldn't offload it at $65, though I also wasn't willing to meet up anywhere (pick-up only). Ended up trading it at EB for $55, which wasn't bad when you factor in tax.

KJA

I couldn't offload it at $65, though I also wasn't willing to meet up anywhere (pick-up only). Ended up trading it at EB for $55, which wasn't bad when you factor in tax.

I wish I could do a straight up trade for Splatoon 2 for it, if it weren't for the fact that new games cost $80 + tax now...

I wish I could do a straight up trade for Splatoon 2 for it, if it weren't for the fact that new games cost $80 + tax now...

EB is stacking edge bonus with 30% if you trade towards rabbids.

I hear u about Arms. Cancelled preorder. Was expecting punch-out and got...well, this. Splatoon, couldn't cancel but luckily had the EB satisfaction guarantee and got store credit back. I hope Rabbids aka XCom Mario is good. $79 hurts in any case, u are right.

kevin1025

Banned
The thing to remember about Mario + Rabbids, is that it's a Ubisoft game. It could potentially be $20-40 early next year.

But it's also a Nintendo game (kind of), so it might keep its price for forever.

It's quite conflicting!

khaaan

The thing to remember about Mario + Rabbids, is that it's a Ubisoft game. It could potentially be $20-40 early next year.

But it's also a Nintendo game (kind of), so it might keep its price for forever.

It's quite conflicting!

It would probably have to flop to get the price lowered like Star Fox Zero or Metroid Other M. Hyrule Warriors on the other hand held onto it's price point for the entirety of the Wii U's lifecycle.

It's quite conflicting!

I thinking about risking it because there's more games coming out on the 29th that I wanna get. I'm getting Yakuza Kiwami for sure, and Culdcept LE since I got the double discount on it.
I got Mario+Rabbids and Redout preordered too, but thinking about canceling both of those and hoping for price drops down the road because its just too much for one day.

Also side note for some reason the prime discount was removed from Redout.

It's quite conflicting!

The Olympics games by Sega kept their price high. Then again their print runs lasted about the same time as the actual games.

kevin1025

Banned
It would probably have to flop to get the price lowered like Star Fox Zero or Metroid Other M. Hyrule Warriors on the other hand held onto it's price point for the entirety of the Wii U's lifecycle.

I thinking about risking it because there's more games coming out on the 29th that I wanna get. I'm getting Yakuza Kiwami for sure, and Culdcept LE since I got the double discount on it.
I got Mario+Rabbids and Redout preordered too, but thinking about canceling both of those and hoping for price drops down the road because its just too much for one day.

The Olympics games by Sega kept their price high. Then again their print runs lasted about the same time as the actual games.

All good points. I'm mostly trying to convince myself, haha, I'm sold on the game but the end of August is so jam packed.

Well good news, you have some extra money (and time) in August, Culdcept was delayed to Oct 3!

2ds XL in my area are all sold out... rip trade in deal.
Either the console is more popular than I thought or Nintendo just under shipped as usual.

The trade in deal was so sweet. Got the 2DS XL for like 80 bucks or whatever.
Now I have a light weight system and never have to stare at that ugly galaxy graphic ever again! 😁

Stopdoor

They're not that high, I see them for about $20 each, London maybe $30 max, I grabbed Sochi for $20 though being a Wii U title is always a tricky situation.

Rio is an exception, clearly it was a quick shot fired from a sinking ship that was the Wii U.

yohan12

Now that the dollar is going up, What are the chances that new game prices are going to reflect that? I'm willing to bet its low...

BadWolf

Now that the dollar is going up, What are the chances that new game prices are going to reflect that? I'm willing to bet its low...

People have been mentioning that the dollar would need to stay high for at least six months for prices to be updated.

tenor.gif

I hate how expensive this hobby has gotten. Remember when we thought $40 was too high for a handheld game?

Agreed, consider not collecting (unless it's a timeless classic) and actively use the buy/sell and eb + bb trade ins. Average cost is like $25 to play a new release.

Not much different from the $15-$20 weekly rentals back in blockbuster/rogers days.

Heck, I got horizon as AAA as it gets for $50 kept it for a month and traded it back in for $40.

They're not that high, I see them for about $20 each, London maybe $30 max, I grabbed Sochi for $20 though being a Wii U title is always a tricky situation.

Rio is an exception, clearly it was a quick shot fired from a sinking ship that was the Wii U.

IIRC Rio got recalled because of hysteric British tabloids freaking out because it sounded like Shadow was saying "cunt" and obviously that was A Threat To The Children. Clearly they never bothered doing another print to fix it since, well, as you say the Wii U was long dead in the water by then.

It's never been 100% confirmed, but that's the only reason I can think of for why the game vanished as quickly as it did. Even Tokyo Mirage Sessions lasted longer.

Not sure if anyone is still hunting for a Switch in the GTA, but I just bought one from the Wal-Mart in Pickering. Looked to have two neons and ~6 greys still in stock.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I remember someone asking about them, so I'll just say I got my Zelda Amiibo cards today and they all work perfectly (20 heart Wolf Link yay). The cards are really high quality too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom