• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see, I recently bought the Hori - Real Arcade Pro.V silent HAYABUSA (Japanese version).
I paid almost 300$CAD (yep, good fightsticks are expensive)

If you are looking to buy a Fighstick give this thread a read and post there if you have questions, tons of knowledgeable people there.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=483428

Thanks, yeah they're very helpful. I was thinking of importing a Japanese version but it'll take like 5 weeks to get here. I go to Japan every year so maybe I'll get one in person then, but zero warranty (all I'd want is like a week just to make sure it works). Which store did you import from?

Tapejara

Thank you! Good to be back! :)

Sorry for the two month absence, I was in the hospital and just got back home last Thursday. :(

Welcome back Hero! Hope recovery is going well! Our thread has a discord now if you're interested in joining.

See BRS' post:

Canadian Deals GAF Discord V1.0 is go! (Quote to reveal Link)

Now features:
  • Custom Notifications (Divided by Console/Theme/Hunt)
  • Provincial Rank/Role notifications (For retail store offerings in your area)
  • Full mobile support & push notifications.
  • More Bot Features coming soon.
If anyone has any suggestions or feedback, please contact us through discord or reply to this post.

BradWardFight

Neo Member
So not really a deals post but yeah.

I just got a Samsung QLED TV what do you figure is going to be best value vs quality of 4K

- PS4 Pro
- Xbox One X
- PC Build

I just got a Samsung QLED TV what do you figure is going to be best value vs quality of 4K

- PS4 Pro
- Xbox One X
- PC Build

Here's the breakdown really.

-Pro is the definitive way to play sony exclusives, no 4k disk playback.
-X is likely going to be a great 4k player + console for the price. But most xbox exclusives have been hitting PC too
-PC you only really miss out on Sony exclusives and don't have to pay for plus or live just to play online. Of course the quality of the experience relates directly to how much $$$ you want to throw at it for gpu/cpu/bd 4k drive etc.

So TLDR: Sony exclusive fan? PS4 Pro, and BD player separate if you want 4k movies. Xbox fan and need 4k BD wait for XBX. PC you lose some exclusives but can largely customize what you want out of it.

Thanks, yeah they're very helpful. I was thinking of importing a Japanese version but it'll take like 5 weeks to get here. I go to Japan every year so maybe I'll get one in person then, but zero warranty (all I'd want is like a week just to make sure it works). Which store did you import from?

I bought it from ebay, it shipped EMS got it in 1 week

- PS4 Pro
- Xbox One X
- PC Build

I currently go pro, PC and separate 4k player but if you dont care about highest graphics settings possible, I would go Xbox one X and ps4 pro, which will still give you great visuals and great games. If you dont care for sony exclusives at all go for xbox one x for best value, or PC plus 4k blu ray player

Trogdor1123

Anyone know of a good place to get climbing wall holds? I'm building one in my basement for my kids and the only real hold up is the holds. Places seem to want about $5 each and that's crazy talk. I need between 75 and 85 holds.

That's a great price. Thinking of getting the V Hayabusa (non silent) from JP. A handful of translated reviews range from "disconnects from console " to near-perfection.

The Hayabusa V is a brand new mobo revision I haven't had any problems with it whatsoever. Works with PC too so you'll have a solid fightstick for a long time.

Anyone know of a good place to get climbing wall holds? I'm building one in my basement for my kids and the only real hold up is the holds. Places seem to want about $5 each and that's crazy talk. I need between 75 and 85 holds.

I could never find a price cheaper. I bought some & complemented the rest of the wall with Hockey pucks from Canadian Tire.

Does anyone on here have shaw 150 internet? I saw a bus stop ad earlier that says there's no longer a data cap for this plan which was holding me back from switching from the 25 plan I currently have with mts.

early90spants

Neo Member
Does anyone on here have shaw 150 internet? I saw a bus stop ad earlier that says there's no longer a data cap for this plan which was holding me back from switching from the 25 plan I currently have with mts.
It's probably legit. Shaw's always been extremely lenient as far as data caps go, at least in my experience. I've sometimes quadrupled my allotted monthly data usage and they've never throttled/contacted/charged me for it once.

Tapejara

Amazon corrected the MSRP of Pokken Tournament DX to $79.99 - as opposed to it being previously listed at a $79.99 sale price - so it should show the proper Prime discount now.

It wouldn't surprise me if stores either never stocked it or cleared it out quickly. Even Gamestop and Amazon in the US don't seem to carry any new copies of the guitar bundle. In fact, buying from PDP direct might be your only good option at this point.

Shipping is 50 US to the GTA. Bit pricey.

Guess I decided to join the party too late.

If you have old 360 instruments, just buy the Adapter for you xbone and use them (they'll be better anyway, especially Guitar Hero instruments)

Oh yeah? I do have a GH3 guitar I've always preferred. Can I order that on Amazon?

slasj

Neo Member

Oh yeah? I do have a GH3 guitar I've always preferred. Can I order that on Amazon?

If you have a London Drugs nearby you could check them out. The website only shows the Rock Band 4 game but my store actually had bundles at one time.

It's probably legit. Shaw's always been extremely lenient as far as data caps go, at least in my experience. I've sometimes quadrupled my allotted monthly data usage and they've never throttled/contacted/charged me for it once.
Alright, I think I'll take the plunge then. After the first year it'll only be $9 more than what I'm paying now for a much faster speed. Thanks

Fularu

Banned

You can get it off ebay for about 40-45$ shipped

Or you can buy the original orckband 4 and the adapter for about 80$+shipping

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
RFD reporting that EB will have double trade credit this Friday.

Perfect time to get some credit.

jokkir

EBGames Mario Odyssey pre-order bonus is here, boys

VNR8lBB.jpg

Smell like Mario with my Arms sleeves while drinking Mountain Dew from my Splatoon cup

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

VNR8lBB.jpg

Smell like Mario with my Arms sleeves while drinking Mountain Dew from my Splatoon cup

Mountain Dew? I only sip on the finest Splaturrp.

KJA

Was there really a Splatoon cup that you got for free?

Anyways, it makes sense that you get an air freshener because Odyssey is going to FRESH.

Dazzler

I've got it and it's totally fine. What's super convenient is the access to Shaw's network of open Wi-Fi access points. If you live or spend a lot of time in a city, it's a lifesaver on your data plan

I find in Vancouver I'm pretty much hopping from one Wi-Fi signal to the next while walking around DT

Bronetta

Was there really a Splatoon cup that you got for free?

Anyways, it makes sense that you get an air freshener because Odyssey is going to FRESH.

Yup and it changes color when cold.

I sip dat splaturp on the regular.

i-Jest

VNR8lBB.jpg

Preorder physical bonuses teeters between really bad to non-existent these days, as far as I'm concerned for the most part. I for one embrace our Day 1 edition exclusive DLC overlords.

Robert807

I too went from shaw 25 to the 150. The reps on the phone told me they never charge for over usage. I think I go over at least 200 gigs a month. I had to buy a router to use to get faster wifi speeds than what their wifi modem gave me. My Videogame systems are in my room two up from the modem in the basement. I get like 80 out of 150 on my Xbox slim. Pspro is ok speeds too. Nintendo switch sucks it's like 15 gb a sec. Overall shaw is a great internet provider.

I too went from shaw 25 to the 150. The reps on the phone told me they never charge for over usage. I think I go over at least 200 gigs a month. I had to buy a router to use to get faster wifi speeds than what their wifi modem gave me. My Videogame systems are in my room two up from the modem in the basement. I get like 80 out of 150 on my Xbox slim. Pspro is ok speeds too. Nintendo switch sucks it's like 15 gb a sec. Overall shaw is a great internet provider.

This is also good to hear as MTS has been kind of garbage for awhile and they don't seem any better after Bell bought them out and rather then improve service, they just raised their prices lol.

It'll suck to have to buy a new router if theirs isn't up to snuff but it seems rare for a ISP to offer a half decent one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom