• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

speiky

Status update (was driving): they only do one per person, so I drove to another EB and pre ordered asscond one for my buddy. I'm not sure I want to keep mine (Destiny 2), so if I decide to sell I will hit this thread up so a fellow Canada Gaffer can get it.

joedick

Nothing for me...geez once again Nintendo does a great job. What happened to a substantial increase in supply?

I think some pro scalpers were caught off guard with the success (and value) of the NES Classic. Not so with this one.

Doesn't amazon usually announce a time for big pre-order items? It was only with that announcement that I was able to get a Switch at launch.

drawkcaB

For what it's worth I was able to pre-order in store at EBGames about 10 mins ago and it seemed like there were still a fair amount left (Calgary Deerfoot Meadows). If any of you are near an EB I suggest giving it a go.

shira

How long were these live for anyway? Should have known getting a job was a mistake.

2-3 minutes
charm_facepalm.gif

For what it's worth I was able to pre-order in store at EBGames about 10 mins ago and it seemed like there were still a fair amount left (Calgary Deerfoot Meadows). If any of you are near an EB I suggest giving it a go.

Weird. I called two again just now and both say they still can't take orders

Savitar

I think the fact that EB didn't announce anything will help people grab it in store outside major population areas on a workday.

Not true!

I got my email that I signed up for to be notified of when they got them in stock.

Once they were sold out I got it. ^_^

Flare

I got stuck after password entry. Best Buy login didn't last more than fifteen minutes so by the time preorders went love I had to retype. ��

This was me. Had everything ready to go, come checkout time had to re-enter my account info, went out of stock in my basket. :(

MarkusRJR

I had a nap and literally woke up like 10 minutes after all the pre-order action goes down... Fuck. If Amazon makes it prime only I'm going to be pissed.

MarkusRJR

I've been away for two weeks. How did they make amazon prime worse for us?
Made the game discount go from 20% to 10% and completely removed the Amazon basics 20% off. As someone who regularly used both when I had Prime that's basically the only reason I had it, since shipping still took regularly 4-ish days with it.

I managed to snag a snes but I have the euro model ordered as well! I'm going to keep the euro model and hopefully trade the NA Snes classic for a nes classic. I never manages to get a nes so if anyone is interested hit me up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom