• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
yeah, EB isn't supposed to take pre-orders for this (im assuming everything else as wel) over the phone. you need to come into the store to do it

i called two (Queen/Spadina and Bloor/Bathurst) and they both had preorders when i called. by time i got to both, already out of preorders.
its YMMV right now with going in stores
lol now i'm afraid to leave home to check because of Amazon.

yeah, EB isn't supposed to take pre-orders for this (im assuming everything else as wel) over the phone. you need to come into the store to do it

i called two (Queen/Spadina and Bloor/Bathurst) and they both had preorders when i called. by time i got to both, already out of preorders.

This is how a store sold out:
" i'm here to pick up uncharted"
"Oh whats this i hear snes classic up?"

Repeat x20

Madness

I missed the pre-order, does that mean I'm shit out of luck? Will there be another run of pre-orders?

My friend said no, and then one of the store managers I spoke with, he said most if not all in the lower mainland are gone. Said they don't expect any more preorders but will have more units for launch day. Wonder how many would be lining up.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

If I worked at an EB I'd tell everyone that called that it was sold out so I wouldn't have to deal with any angry customers who were told on the phone it was available and sold out by the time they came in.

ahdurian

If I worked at an EB I'd tell everyone that called that it was sold out so I wouldn't have to deal with any angry customers who were told on the phone it was available and sold out by the time they came in.

eh i wasn't angry.
i mean annoyed, sure, but i technically could've got there earlier. just bad luck

Hey Nintendo!

FnYqfFV.jpg

<3

N° 2048

Went to EBGames today to since the GF and I were at Dufferin mall doing groceries and the dude at EBGames (nice guy) was slammed.

The phone was non stop, people coming in and basically all you hear is:

"You here for the SNES? sorry no more pre-orders."

Dude is going to dream of SNES lol

Oh, I grabbed the last three months of GI Magazine, didn't know they were only $5.99.

Went to EBGames today to since the GF and I were at Dufferin mall doing groceries and the dude at EBGames (nice guy) was slammed.

The phone was non stop, people coming in and basically all you hear is:

Dude is going to dream of SNES lol

Oh, I grabbed the last three months of GI Magazine, didn't know they were only $5.99.

One of the EB Games I was at when the NES Classic released told me their phone's battery actually died they were answering it so much.

jholmes

On the one hand, I think it's good of EB to do more of these in-store because it's more likely people who want it, as opposed to scalpers, will get one.

On the other hand, EB is wasting everyone's time with this, employees and customers. That company just keeps refusing to win my business.

baconcow

Just a heads up. I was at EB Games (Halifax Shopping Center) and was able to put a pre-order through around 5pm. They stated that they had pre-orders left. Was tipped off, oddly enough, by a WalMart employee.

Also, Optoutimus'd my Prime.

chrono01

Am I the only one convinced that Best Buy and EB will get more preorders?
I'm pretty much positive they will, how long they'll last though is what I'm worried about. I'm not able to be online 24/7, and even if I got an update on my phone when I'm out, there's still no guarantee with how fast as these things sell out.

I have a feeling I'll need to hit that "F5 Lottery" if I'm going to have one.

Target was back up and I managed to get one thanks to the Discord. Might be worth some rabid refreshing.
I don't know if Target is going to honour all these late preorders, it looks like a bug in their website, don't get me wrong I got one myself like an hour ago there too, but let's be honest they can't possibly have that many stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom