• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

I managed to snag a snes but I have the euro model ordered as well! I'm going to keep the euro model and hopefully trade the NA Snes classic for a nes classic. I never manages to get a nes so if anyone is interested hit me up!
I'm likely in the same boat. Although I may be looking to move by Euro model instead of the North American one. Haven't decided yet.

I certainly don't need both and would love to nab an NES Classic that has been sitting unused on someone's shelf.

joedick

Made the game discount go from 20% to 10% and completely removed the Amazon basics 20% off. As someone who regularly used both when I had Prime that's basically the only reason I had it, since shipping still took regularly 4-ish days with it.

Oh man, I missed this news. I might have to cancel...

If I don't get a SNES Classic.

shira

I managed to snag a snes but I have the euro model ordered as well! I'm going to keep the euro model and hopefully trade the NA Snes classic for a nes classic. I never manages to get a nes so if anyone is interested hit me up!
I need the rainbow buttons with the concave x,y

I'm greedy

big fake

Got two from EB games in store, Pickering ON. One from me and one from my brother. They said no ID needed for pick up just receipt.

That puts me at 3 SNES classics. Now we wait for Amazon!

chrono01

BB announced they're out
EB is most likely best bet in stores

Amazon hasn't put any up yet
don't think Walmart has either
Thanks, I'll hope I can grab it on Amazon as I don't fully trust Walmart. I was hoping for BB, as they've been the most reliable in the past.

Decided to go ahead and do that PS4 to Slim swap at EB today. Went pretty well, the person just made sure everything worked and that was pretty much it.

I debated with myself over this even during the last promotion, but I figured:

- My PS4 was a launch unit so it was nearly four years old.
- I'd get a new warranty.
- I'd get a fresh controller.
- It would be way quieter (the only time I really get to play these days is in the dead of night, so it helps).
- It would support 5GHz wifi (can't connect through ethernet).

So yeah. If I were to get a new controller - which I'd probably have to do anyways in the next couple of months - that'd be $60-75 right there anyways.

kevin1025

Banned
Decided to go ahead and do that PS4 to Slim swap at EB today. Went pretty well, the person just made sure everything worked and that was pretty much it.

- It would be way quieter (the only time I really get to play these days is in the dead of night, so it helps).

So yeah. If I were to get a new controller - which I'd probably have to do anyways in the next couple of months - that'd be $60-75 right there anyways.

Nice! Yeah, the upgrade to the newer version is worth it if you're concerned about the noise and also if the console is getting a ton of use and is older. Do the Slims come with the blue bar on the touchpad like the Pro?

Yoss

Neo Member

How long does the trade-in deal last? I'm thinking of upgrading my launch PS4 to a Pro.

Megasoum

Banned

Hmmm... That's tempting... If it was 50$ I would jump on it for sure but at 100$....

I got mine on launch day and it's getting pretty loud...

Man I hate that Nintendo's account is totally silent on that type of shit.
It's basically used only for ads.
And nintendo of Canada's GM is a french canadian.

krae_man

I love how in my inbox the confirmation email for my EB order arrived 10 minutes before the email notice that the SNES classic was available arrived.

krae_man

FYI if anyone didn't get the Jak 1 code from bestbuy. Just phone support, they have the code attached to your account and they can give it to you over the phone.

NYR

What a disaster. I bet it never gets re-stocked. This is worse than with sneakers, same feeling of collecting those L's

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I can't do this anymore. Fuck Nintendo and their stock issues. Seriously. After the shit we had to go through with the NES Classic Mini, you'd think they'd make an abundance of SNES Classic Mini, but NOPE!
Amazon.ca might be at 5pm ET.

baconcow

Missed the pre-orders for both the SNES Mini and Xbox One X. Went out-of-stock almost immediately, where I live.

Edit: Found one. The busiest EB Games, who had a busy signal and we were told had none left, ended up having some SNES Classic pre-orders left and a single Xbox One X pre-order left.

Nice! Yeah, the upgrade to the newer version is worth it if you're concerned about the noise and also if the console is getting a ton of use and is older. Do the Slims come with the blue bar on the touchpad like the Pro?

Yup. The controller itself has some minor tweaks compared to the launch controller (more matte, less gloss) and it feels very nice in the hand. It's probably a combination if it not being worn out and the those changes. I'm not a huge fan of the touchpad light, though.

How long does the trade-in deal last? I'm thinking of upgrading my launch PS4 to a Pro.

Promotion lasts until the 24th but it doesn't mention the Pro.

https://www.ebgames.ca/Recycled Off...edium=email&utm_campaign=08182017 PS4 Feature

Hmmm... That's tempting... If it was 50$ I would jump on it for sure but at 100$....

I got mine on launch day and it's getting pretty loud...

I was getting concerned about the noise, too. It's usually louder in the summer months but I'm in an air conditioned place this year and it was just as loud, even after a thorough clean. It didn't show any signs of immediate death or anything like that but if it did die, well, it'd be worth nothing.

slasj

Neo Member
Weird. I called two again just now and both say they still can't take orders

I called 2 different ebgames and they both said they were sold out but when I went into 1 of the stores at lunch the guy at the till said they still had some and let me pre order one. I suspect they don't want to deal with people trying to pre order over the phone or asking to save one.

So go in store to check and try and pick stores away from business areas that are easy for the downtown people to get to.

kevin1025

Banned
Wait, Amazon in an hour? Dear god. lol

giphy.gif

Madness

I knew this would happen. I blame Nintendo. They clearly limit on purpose or if they truly cannot handle demand, get partners capable of delivering for you. Almost 12+ years of this artificial scarcity for their consoles and handhelds now.

Best bet is EB Games stores?

Fularu

Banned
I don'T understand why the SNES is not eligible for Québec. The whole packaging is in french

It makes absolutely no sense.

slasj

Neo Member
Wtf are all EB Games sold out now???

I think you may have to go in and check. I called two different stores and they both said they were sold out but when I went into one of them they allowed me to preorder when I asked.

I suspect they don't want to deal with people asking to save them one or trying to preorder over the phone.

I don't know for sure but that is my experience.

ahdurian

yeah, EB isn't supposed to take pre-orders for this (im assuming everything else as wel) over the phone. you need to come into the store to do it

i called two (Queen/Spadina and Bloor/Bathurst) and they both had preorders when i called. by time i got to both, already out of preorders.
its YMMV right now with going in stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom